Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ikaruga

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 20, 2001

A vertically scrolling shoot 'em up, from Treasure that features unique polarity-switching gameplay. It is the spiritual successor to Radiant Silvergun.

Should I Buy This?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

It's on sale for 400 MS points this week. I played the demo and it was pretty tough, but overall I hear it's a great game despite the difficulty curve. Also, for 400 MS points it's appears to be one of the best purchases at this price point. Any opinions?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I would since it's only 400 points this week.  If it goes back to 800 then you probably wont buy it.

Galv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Galv

I got this game a couple of months ago. Spent some time with it and was able to beat the first level, never got past the second. Super hard, but still fun. I also liked the music.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Steve_C

Not that i've played it, but based on reputattion alone i'd say it's probably worth experiencing, especially at that price point.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

The only acceptable answer is yes.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY!!!  Ikaruga is an INCREDIBLE game with tons of replay value.  I had that shit on Gamecube, but unfortunately, my car needed new shocks and struts...and I needed to do some clean-up on my collections.  I feel shitty for selling it, but I know that I can pick it up WITH ACHIEVEMENTS ON IT over XBLA.  = D

Also, it IS extremely tough.  I've been to level 3.  My brother played it for damn near a month straight and got to level 5.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.