dont forget this game on your 2011 lists!

#1 Edited by Tarsier (1052 posts) -

it was released JANUARY 5th!!

:)

#2 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

Hadn't forgotten it... but I don't feel like it's worthy of my top ten.

#3 Posted by mlarrabee (2765 posts) -

I think Brad's got it in mind. His appreciation for ilomilo nearly matches his love of Limbo. Just a few Bombcasts ago he mentioned it as the likely winner of the "Best Music" category.

#4 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

@mlarrabee said:

I think Brad's got it in mind. His appreciation for ilomilo nearly matches his love of Limbo. Just a few Bombcasts ago he mentioned it as the likely winner of the "Best Music" category.

He obviously hasn't heard the music in Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

I played the demo back in the beginning of the year and really didn't think it was anything special.

#6 Posted by DeeGee (2098 posts) -

The only thing worth praising was the music; apart from that it's a run of the mill puzzle game that's been done plenty of times before.

#7 Posted by MormonWarrior (2487 posts) -

I won't forget it, and it's not making any list of mine. It's cute but that's about it. Also, I bought it in December of last year even though the official release was in January, and I recognized it in my Best of 2010 blog post, saying it was cute but not nearly as good as other downloadable titles of the year.

This year in general has been the worst year in gaming since 2006 for me. 07-10 have all been increasingly stronger years but this year has been a bit of a letdown. Aside from Portal 2, Gears 3 and Skyrim. I still need to play through Skyward Sword too. Downloadable games have been really weak.

#8 Posted by SMTDante89 (2481 posts) -

It depends on how you look at it, for some of us that used that "secret" website, the game came out for us last year. But I suppose "officially" it did come out this year. It was a very charming game to be sure.

#9 Edited by DeeGee (2098 posts) -

@Tarsier said:

@DeeGee said:

The only thing worth praising was the music; apart from that it's a run of the mill puzzle game that's been done plenty of times before.

but you havent even played it http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/deegee/games/?sort=alpha

..troller..

I've never played Madden NFL, Fifa 10 or 11, Universe at War: Earth Assault or Street Fighter IV and they're on that list. I would have thought someone with 2000+ posts would realise how broken their system for this is by now.

Fuck, it hasn't even got half my games on there.

Edit: Haha, I last played Street Fighter IV in 1753. No wonder I don't remember owning this game, it was in another life.

#10 Posted by GunstarRed (4749 posts) -

I played it in November 2010... I'd feel bad about putting it on a list for 2011. It is a great game though with a ton of personality and great puzzles.

#11 Edited by Little_Socrates (5651 posts) -

I won't be putting it on there as I couldn't motivate myself to finish it. It's also not even close to the best music this year, as Bastion, Catherine (one excellent arrangement after another,) Skyward Sword, Portal 2, and Galaga Legions all have more awesome music than it could muster.

I swear, every time I heard that Bastion song, it makes me want to write an entire career's worth of work about people like Johnny Cash and Clint Eastwood.

#12 Posted by RainDog505 (99 posts) -

@Creamypies said:

@mlarrabee said:

I think Brad's got it in mind. His appreciation for ilomilo nearly matches his love of Limbo. Just a few Bombcasts ago he mentioned it as the likely winner of the "Best Music" category.

He obviously hasn't heard the music in Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

I've listened to examples from both games and really do not think one can make a proper judgement on which is "better" considering how aggressively different they are in composition and tone. Both are excellent, but I enjoy the quirkiness of ilomilo a bit more than the technically proficient orchestra "epic" of Assass Rev.

#13 Posted by Dagbiker (6900 posts) -

@RainDog505 said:

@Creamypies said:

@mlarrabee said:

I think Brad's got it in mind. His appreciation for ilomilo nearly matches his love of Limbo. Just a few Bombcasts ago he mentioned it as the likely winner of the "Best Music" category.

He obviously hasn't heard the music in Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

I've listened to examples from both games and really do not think one can make a proper judgement on which is "better" considering how aggressively different they are in composition and tone. Both are excellent, but I enjoy the quirkiness of ilomilo a bit more than the technically proficient orchestra "epic" of Assass Rev.

your right, there is only one choice.

#14 Posted by spankingaddict (2647 posts) -

I haven't . It'll be on my top 10 this year . Amazing game .

#15 Posted by Little_Socrates (5651 posts) -

@Dagbiker: I mean, you can't not mention Saints Row while talking about best music of the year, right? No one game should have all that power.

#16 Posted by Dagbiker (6900 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

@Dagbiker: I mean, you can't not mention Saints Row while talking about best music of the year, right? No one game should have all that power.

I agree, i think saints row had some of the best uses of music in video games this year. although if you are talking unique music i would have to think about that.

#17 Posted by Little_Socrates (5651 posts) -

@Dagbiker: Yeah, original music it might not do as awesome. We have gotten some absolutely killer cuts this year.

#18 Posted by 71Ranchero (2583 posts) -

@DeeGee said:

@Tarsier said:

@DeeGee said:

The only thing worth praising was the music; apart from that it's a run of the mill puzzle game that's been done plenty of times before.

but you havent even played it http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/deegee/games/?sort=alpha

..troller..

I've never played Madden NFL, Fifa 10 or 11, Universe at War: Earth Assault or Street Fighter IV and they're on that list. I would have thought someone with 2000+ posts would realise how broken their system for this is by now.

Fuck, it hasn't even got half my games on there.

Edit: Haha, I last played Street Fighter IV in 1753. No wonder I don't remember owning this game, it was in another life.

Also theres no way possible that you could have played it on another profile or on a windows phone or anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.