Ilomilo available on XBLA now.. kind of

#1 Posted by Terry_Bogard (303 posts) -

For anyone who is interested, Ilomilo is available on XBLA now.. but the only way to get access to the trial (as far as I know) is to go to this website and grab a "super-secret access code". It sounds kind of stupid, but that's the only way to buy it for the time being. I tried the demo and it's actually pretty good.

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Why is no one fucking replying to this, this game is fantastic. 

One of the best puzzle games on the 360 by far.

#3 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

Just downloaded it myself, can't wait to try it.

#4 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

Nice, I'll probably check it out. The art style looks very much like Little Big Planet.

#5 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" Why is no one fucking replying to this, this game is fantastic.  One of the best puzzle games on the 360 by far. "
Have been interested in this game for a while - visuals are utterly gorgeous. 

If I was in the same country as my 360, it would already be downloading. Hopefully it'll come to Steam...
#6 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

Oh, and make sure you press LT > RT > LB > RB when on the main menu for a neat surprise :)

#7 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Oh wow, had no idea there was a way to get this.
Been looking forward to it a lot, thanks for the link.  Downloading now  :)

#8 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

Played a few levels. First impressions: GET THIS GAME NOW.

#9 Posted by Murtaug (309 posts) -

Very laid back game, the trial levels were pretty easy though it goes without saying that will change. I loved the style, might have to pick this one up later if the mood strikes me.

#10 Posted by WrathOfBanja (355 posts) -

Cant decide whether to get this or not.. Does it ever get challenging? 
I don't wanna pick this up if its just gonna be another game like The Maw (good looking, but not varied at all and absurdly easy).

#11 Posted by countinhallways (630 posts) -

This game is amazingly charming and plays very well. I would urge everyone to give the trial a go for sure.

#12 Posted by Jolt92 (1585 posts) -

It's pretty good but kinda repetitive so far.

#13 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -
@Jolt92 said:
" It's pretty good but kinda repetitive so far. "
How far are you? I'm almost done with the first chapter, and can't say it's been that bad.

My only complaint is that the game have a habit of freezing every now and then, and that the Avatar Awards doesn't work. Maybe it's because the game isn't actually officially released yet, but hopefully they'll patch it soon.
#14 Posted by Jolt92 (1585 posts) -
@CrazyChris:
I'm just done with the first one, and I too have had freezing issues.  It's pretty annoying but yeah, it'll probably be patched out when it's officially released.
#15 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Downloading now. Thanks for the tip.  :)

#16 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -
@Terry_Bogard:  thank you for posting this bro, cant wait to check it out
#17 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

didn't even know about this, just youtubed a trailer and it looks kinda cool! thanks for the tip, I'll check out the trial

#18 Posted by Soapy86 (2623 posts) -

Suck it, Kirby! Most adorable game of 2010 right here. 

#19 Posted by n00blar (14 posts) -
@Soapy86 said:
" Suck it, Kirby! Most adorable game of 2010 right here.  "
Agreed 100%, Kirby was cute but this is freaking adorable!
#20 Posted by abdo (1044 posts) -

Got this, downloading now, can't wait to play it.

#21 Posted by tsolless (465 posts) -
@WrathOfBanja said:
" Cant decide whether to get this or not.. Does it ever get challenging?  I don't wanna pick this up if its just gonna be another game like The Maw (good looking, but not varied at all and absurdly easy). "
I'm still playing the first chapter but I see a lot of potential for adding replayability and difficulty through the leaderboards. The leaderboards are ranked by how few cubes you pass through in your solution for the puzzle. The first few puzzles are easy to get the same score as the communities best, but some of the later ones I've been doing in Chapter 1 has me scratching my head on how people got through it with the few cubes they passed. Also leaderboards rank the overall world and overall game scores too, so yeah. Puzzles don't seem like they will ever be frustratingly difficult, but trying to beat the leaderboards will be.
#22 Posted by Kaburorne (119 posts) -

Is anyone having trouble redeeming the code? I try to enter it on the redeem code page on xbox.com, but it just says " 

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

How did you guys get it to work?
#23 Posted by Terry_Bogard (303 posts) -

I had to redeem it on the Xbox. It wouldn't work on Xbox.com for some reason.

#24 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

I'm always down for a good puzzle game. I'll have to check this one out. I'll start by watching the QL.

Those always represent games to their fullest right?

#25 Posted by Kaburorne (119 posts) -
@Terry_Bogard: Thanks for your help. Downloaded it, played 10 minutes of the trial with my Mum, and she bought it for us. Looks like I know what we'll be doing while we're snowed in this week!
#26 Posted by DoctorTran (1575 posts) -

Gonna buy it when I get paid tomorrow. The trial was charming as fuck.

#27 Posted by Terry_Bogard (303 posts) -
@Kaburorne: lol no problem, dood.
#28 Posted by YoThatLimp (1938 posts) -

Thinking about picking this up for the wife, looking forward to a few of your reviews!

#29 Posted by Ronald (1394 posts) -

I just used the code on xbox.com and it placed the demo in my download queue.

#30 Posted by BBQBram (2294 posts) -

Hey thanks for the tip duder, I'll probably use this code now.

#31 Posted by DoctorTran (1575 posts) -

I'm absolutely loving this game.

#32 Posted by warpr (91 posts) -

I just get "This code has already been used.", so I guess that secret link no longer gives out working codes.

#33 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1835 posts) -
@warpr:  I just got a valid code and am downloading it now. You should try doing it again.
#34 Posted by warpr (91 posts) -
@OneKillWonder said:
" @warpr:  I just got a valid code and am downloading it now. You should try doing it again. "
Thanks, just tried again today and it worked the first time.  I tried a bunch of times yesterday.  oh well. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.