Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

imscared

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Oct 12, 2012

A horror game where nothing is as it seems.

So, what's the story in this game?

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I watched Spookin' with Scoops (and was thoroughly freaked out), but I can't really figure out the "story" or if there even is a coherent narrative.

There's White Face, who just wants someone to play with, it seems.

Then there must be someone else who writes the various messages - "One of them is lying," etc. What does that mean? Does it mean White Face actually has sinister motives other than loneliness? Or could it mean that White Face is not to be feared?

If White Face is some kind of spirit, I guess he was killed by hanging, and the main character has to kill himself so he can stay with White Face.

But what's the deal with all the blood, and the bodies pinned to the walls, and the portrait of the lady? I wonder if there's enough information in the game to support a set narrative.

In any case, it's creepy as hell, and I guess it doesn't need to be anything but that.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, a part of horror is leaving out details like those, isn't it? To let your mind dream something up that could terrify you more than anything another person made up ever could.

I don't think a game like this really needs a "narrative". The player character is essentially the person playing the game, for all intents and purposes. The game is always addressing you directly, and even interfaces with you outside of the program itself.

The game gives the information it needs to give. There's an entity in your computer. It's watching you. It always will, even after you delete the executable and the folder it belongs in. That's all you really need to know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.