Incredible Crisis

#1 Edited by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

I just discovered and watched a Quick Look Throwback of this old gem, Incredible Crisis. It didn't seem to be available anywhere I looked short after it came out, so I played the hell out of a demo I got with a PlayStation magazine. I'm curious, did anyone here have and play this back in the day? Was just incredibly lucky? I eventually found a copy in a video-rental that was closing and selling off their stock.

#2 Posted by EightBitShik (1339 posts) -

@Penzilneck: Hell yeah I had a copy of it and to this day I regret selling it back to gamestop it was effing hard at times and I never finished it but the whole idea of the game was so great.

#3 Posted by 71Ranchero (2782 posts) -

I had it. Bought it used at Funcoland if I remember correctly.

#4 Posted by TheRealMoot (399 posts) -

I played the hell out of the demo as well and grabbed the full game a few days after it came out for $10! I think I got it from EBgames or Walmart, can't remember. I love Incredible Crisis. The first video I watched on Giant Bomb was the Incredible Crisis Throwback video, ever since, I've had no reason to leave.

#5 Posted by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

@TheRealMoot: Sounds cool. Rarities and oddities like this are so much more special if there's a story behind how and why you own a copy.

#6 Posted by punkycrisps (28 posts) -

Hey, uh, this might be a long shot for a reply, but... I too have become smitten by the QL Throwback of this game and am trying to purchase a copy (eBay seems to have a decent collection from what I've seen). The question is, does anyone know if it will run on a full-size (non-slim) PS2?

#7 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@punkycrisps: I belive all PS1 games run - it's a hardware emulator, the chip is inside.

So I think so. Don't quote me on that, though.

#8 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

I found this at a local pawn shop and got it for 15 bucks. Gotta love that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.