Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

Do you want inFamous 3? *Good and Bad Ending Spoilers*

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Choffy

I've been doing a bit of thinking after finishing the game, and I'm trying to decide if I want a third game or not. Part of me loves the memories I know I'll have of the series, and how they're my favorite exclusives on the PS3, but the other is selfish, and wants to play more. Personally, I've done a bit of thinking and I have an idea about how it could happen:

Scenario 1 (Good Ending)

Watch this video and look closely at this video. Lightening strikes Cole in a '?', which I interpret as the bolt bringing him back to life. If that is the case, then in inFamous 3, another power-hungry man begins development on his own machine that could make him a Conduit, taking advantage of Cole and all of the other ones dying. The machine works, and Cole needs to stop him.

Scenario 2 (Evil Ending)

The power-hungry man sees Cole killing those without the Conduit gene and decides to act, attempting (and succeeding) to make himself a Conduit to fight Cole and his army.

Scenario 3 (No inFamous 2 Save)

Just the power-hungry man becoming a Conduit and you have to stop him somehow.

The biggest problem is Zeke, since, you know, you kill him in the Evil ending. But that could be solved by having the bad guy kill Zeke in the early minutes of the game for the Good and "Virgin" (lack of a better term) players. I dunno, could be weird since I'm happy with the endings, but dammit I love me some inFamous. What say you? Do you want an inFamous 3?

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TheBlackPigeon

I won't say no to more inFamous. 

There's still some plot points that are currently unresolved. What's up with Alden and Sasha? Did they survive the Empire City blast? Did they survive the RFI blast? 
    What's Agent Moya and the FBI up to? Are they in cahoots with the First Sons? They're still up and about, plotting and scheming. What do they have up their sleeves?  

Perhaps a third installment can put some of the questions to rest, other than the big one: Did Cole Survive?

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Solh0und
    @TheBlackPigeon said:

There's still some plot points that are currently unresolved. What's up with Alden and Sasha? Did they survive the Empire City blast? Did they survive the RFI blast? 
    What's Agent Moya and the FBI up to? Are they in cahoots with the First Sons? They're still up and about, plotting and scheming. What do they have up their sleeves?  

Perhaps a third installment can put some of the questions to rest, other than the big one: Did Cole Survive?
    There is a comic based on infamous that involves Cole and Moya which takes place after the game.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

The "?" isn't a question mark, it's a cane.

It implies Sly 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That's a hell of an ending. My video game player mind told me there would OF COURSE be an Infamous 3. Now, I don't know, the story has so much power if they just end it here. Hell of an ending, you expect there to be some saving grace where Cole survives to fight another day. Now, man.

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Choffy

@KaosAngel said:

It implies Sly 4.

That doesn't make sense; Sucker Punch isn't working on Sly 4.

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nitrocore

I think they could make an Infamous 3 if they wanted. Obviously they would have to go with the good ending which they left on a teaser, some what like the way X3 ended with Magneto, but unlike Infamous 2 they would have to enter the unknown, story wise that is, I think mainly because the thing that linked the first game with the second was severed at the end, and of course there wouldn't be any more Conduits, so the enemy types would be pretty standard, no monsters and the like. Wait! there's still room for Aliens right?. 
     Anyway to answer the question, i'd like another infamous game but I without story cliff hanger I don't think i'd look forward to it as much as I did with number 2, but who knows?.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By JTB123

I wouldn'y say no to it, but after completing both sides I feel pretty let down by the story overall. Cole acting in a pre-determined way no matter what you're doing in cut scenes seemed to really stick out. I think the main thing is that the story really didn't pick up until the last 90 minutes, still a fantastic game though, they really nailed the powers this time and the new additions are incredible and being able to use all of the powers eventually is great.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

As many times as I see the good ending I am not convinced the lightning is a "?".

And I want a prequel with Kessler as the main character.

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBlackPigeon
    @solh0und

I was not aware. Thanks for the tip! 

Still....there's plenty of story left to tell in the inFamous universe. I'm sure we'll see more of it, one way or another.
    MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By MikeydCT

The good ending is a great way to close the book on Cole's story, if there will be a Infamous 3 do it with someone else, maybe Nix

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Pibo47
    @MikeydCT said:
    The good ending is a great way to close the book on Cole's story, if there will be a Infamous 3 do it with someone else, maybe Nix
    She also died. 
    I would like to see a new hero, but i wish the handled the ending(s) better. They all felt..half baked to me. They left so many loose ends and lacked good reasoning for the endings that made imo.
    Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Choffy

@SethPhotopoulos:

No Caption Provided

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Vorbis

I found the bad ending to be so much better, it was really powerful having to kill all your friends and taking on the world. Would love to see it continued in Infamous 3 but I can't see how it would be done since everyone would be a conduit, even so, would get to see some cool powers.

Good ending just seemed too good, everyone lived (bar Nix+Kou) and that's it. Infamous 3 would just be another Infamous 1 or 2 with Cole being the only conduit.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BoOzak

I think this should be it, both endings are too extreme to lead into a sequel. They'd have to be different games entirely.. and I think the question mark is just to imply that he may still be alive but it's more of teaser than anything, like Masterchief heading towards another Halo at the end of 3..

..then again there's gonna be another Halo trilogy(which if you ask me shouldnt exist either). Personally I hope Sucker Punch decide to make an entirely new IP cause that would be awesome.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Choffy said:

@SethPhotopoulos:

No Caption Provided

That just points to sly 4 man.  Its obviously a cane.
    Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Choffy

@SethPhotopoulos:

@Choffy said:

@KaosAngel said:

It implies Sly 4.

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#18  Edited By MikeydCT
    @Pibo47 said:
    @MikeydCT said:
    She also died. I would like to see a new hero, but i wish the handled the ending(s) better. They all felt..half baked to me. They left so many loose ends and lacked good reasoning for the endings that made imo.
    have the game take place before Cole got there.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Choffy said:

@SethPhotopoulos:

@Choffy said:

@KaosAngel said:

It implies Sly 4.

I know.  Its Sazaru or something.
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By donchipotle
    @TheBlackPigeon said:

Spoilers for the comic book 

Personally, and I've sad this many times now, I would love a continuation of the bad ending. You wouldn't even need to add in a 'power hungry man' since there is already a conflict. The way I see it: you'd play as a Conduit other than Cole and then have to work on the inside with the Conduits (now basically the Brotherhood of Mutants from X-Men) to internally destroy them and eventually Cole.
    zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zonikjj

I didn't notice that extra little bit at the end of the good karma ending actually. Pretty damn interesting.

I think they need to quit inFAMOUS while they're ahead.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By strainedeyes

I think Sucker Punch made 2 fantastic games and should move on to something new. This industry is too sequel focused, great games don't always require a sequel. Both endings of 2 are a great way to end the franchise.

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Choffy

@VelvetLore04: But... I love Cole... I don't want to kill him...

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Choffy

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Choffy said:

@SethPhotopoulos:

@Choffy said:

@KaosAngel said:

It implies Sly 4.

I know. Its Sazaru or something.

So then why would it be something for a game they have nothing to do with?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By donchipotle

@Choffy said:

@VelvetLore04: But... I love Cole... I don't want to kill him...

That's what is so great about it! If they had the balls to go "Look, you got two games as this dude and you kinda grew to like him, now kill him" it would be great. It would be like Solid Snake at the end of MGS 3 or even Cole at the bad ending of inFamous 2. You have to do it, but you don't want to.

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheBlackPigeon
    @VelvetLore04 said:
    @TheBlackPigeon said:

Spoilers for the comic book 

Personally, and I've sad this many times now, I would love a continuation of the bad ending. You wouldn't even need to add in a 'power hungry man' since there is already a conflict. The way I see it: you'd play as a Conduit other than Cole and then have to work on the inside with the Conduits (now basically the Brotherhood of Mutants from X-Men) to internally destroy them and eventually Cole.
    Yeah, I cheated and looked up the info on the inFamous wiki. Thank you, though! : p

Again, there's still a few directions they can go with for a third game, including yours. If not a game, then perhaps another comic book series. Hell, they could simply make it about Zeke making a Dunkin' Donuts run, and I'd buy it. I just want more inFamous!
    Arrogance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Arrogance

I don't need Cole for there to be another inFamous game. I would be perfectly fine with a new character (perhaps a woman, perish the thought) who finds power however he or she comes upon it. As long as the play mechanics are still solid, I don't care who this player character is or if this storyline continues. In fact, I'd prefer if they just wiped the slate clean, or at least started in a different location. NYC was better than this New Orleans outing. Give me a crowded metropolitan area to glide over and I'm in. How about London? Shanghai? Sydney? The world's a big place with plenty of stories to be told and heroes to be made. Let Cole rest. We can get on without him.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Choffy said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Choffy said:

@SethPhotopoulos:

@Choffy said:

@KaosAngel said:

It implies Sly 4.

I know. Its Sazaru or something.

So then why would it be something for a game they have nothing to do with?

1.  Why can't I joke?
    2.  Why would Sucker Punch not care about Sly 4 when there is Sly 4 advertising in the game anyway?
    3.  Cole should stay dead because that would keep the impact of the ending.
    Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Choffy

@SethPhotopoulos said:

1. Why can't I joke?
    2. Why would Sucker Punch not care about Sly 4 when there is Sly 4 advertising in the game anyway?
    3. Cole should stay dead because that would keep the impact of the ending.

1. Because this is the internet, and the internet is serious business.

2. Did not realize there was (I've only seen the movie theater, Red Ring Electronics and Subway).

3. True, but as of now, he's only dead in one ending, not the other.

TrinityA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TrinityA
    @VelvetLore04: I personally think they have opened themselves up to a possible MMO. Think about it, only conduits left giving everyone a reason to have powers. Also it could go on the good or evil thing where you side with Cole and take everyone who isn't a conduit out or you join an uprising and start to rebel. Making your own conduit and choosing their path would have more immersion I think. But that is one persons idea. 

I love MMOs though, so I try to make everything into an MMO in my head. But I still think that it would be a slap in the face to that DC online bollocks they have on the PS3. 
    left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By left4doof

I think the infamous franchise is too important to sony . They're putting him into sf X tekken so at this point you have to assume that there is some brand recognition .

ScruffMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ScruffMoney

I still want an Infamous 3 but I don't know how they'll get around the two endings. I imagine they'll make the good ending canon, turf the other one and say Cole somehow survived.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#33  Edited By Yummylee

Good ending stretches into inFAMOUS 3, Evil ending becomes an MMO... lawl jk.  

In all honesty I'm with the crowd that would want the series to end here. The endings are so damn distinctive that it would be terrible of them to actually continue on with a canon ending in mind, shunning people who potentially stuck with the single morality or just preferred the other. 

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By project343

I sort of don't want anymore Infamous. Unless they overhaul the series entirely, I'm pretty happy with this ending.

Toxin45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Toxin45

I say there should be new characters and a side story into the main one.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#36  Edited By yevinorion

I loved these two games, but I'm good with them ending it here. I'm not sure how they could continue into a new game with the story so wildly opposite in each of the endings without compromising someone's experience who stuck to one side.

Khadyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Khadyn

Evil side had a part about Cole mentioning he had a younger brother but, never mentions if he was a conduit. It's possible they could go in that direction as the new "good vs evil" character in Infamous 3 while keeping Cole or that chick (can't remember if her name The Beast healed) as the new Kessler/Moya.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dreamfall31

I think a 3 would be better with 2's bad ending. A world full of conduits would be awesome. I was glad they got the Beast thing over with, though making the whole game about defeating it kinda ruined it. The story just became collect all the cores to charge the RFI. I would hope 3 would have a much better story, something well written. The bad end was cool, but the plot to the last half of the game was beyond boring. If Sucker Punch can keep the great gameplay, maybe tweak here and there. But add a super brilliant story and it could be a GOTY contender,, rather than being just a really cool fun game.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By niamahai

After seeing both endings, I have a feeling SuckerPunch intends to make Infamous3 to be some hybrid offline MMO (like Demon's Souls) and you play as a blank state conduit finding his way around a world of super heroes.

Also generic southern white male antagonist again.

But realistically from a gameplay point, what else can they add to the Infamous formula? I don't think adding gears/shops/whores ala AC2 will help the game at all.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I've had enough Infamous, that's why I didn't play 2.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By mosdl

Good ending - Zeke time travels back and saves cole!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

A well polished game that doesn't feel like a chore to complete near the halfway mark.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By Tennmuerti

nope

Sucker Punch seems to have pushed it as far as they are capable of, and at this point I've had my fill.

origzaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By origzaroth

@Arrogance: i just go an idea on how they could make a new game without cole they could either make a story about a conduit (telekinetic or something) that is leaving empire city in a plane when the bomb happened and so then he made it to lasvegas or some place and he has to fight the first sons there or a conduit could be born after the RFI cause from the wiki it says that the conduit gene is natural. So the first sons could kidnap him and turn him into a conduit and he could escape and fight in a city taken over by the first sons or by terrorists

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Box3ru13

The good ending does seem to leave room open but damn it would be a pretty silly and contrived explanation on how he survived. Not to mention the entire point was to confront and defeat the Beast which he has accomplished.

The evil ending does too but Cole has not become the thing he was tasked with destroying; it doesn't make sense for a sequel to play as the bad guy you were set out to defeat. The big tease at the end of InFamous was this task and now either way it is done. There isn't anything left to be told.

I applaud Sucker Punch for having the balls to say this is it for this franchise. In one ending he and all the other conduits are dead. In the other he flat out acknowledges that he has failed by becoming the Beast. Furthermore it adds far more impact when you realize the entire time that Cole is a tragic character. Kessler saw his world come to an end thanks to the Beast and tried to change it. Cole ends up losing his girlfriend thanks to Kessler in order to make him stronger and more focused.

In 2, Cole has to make the ultimate sacrifice to complete his task. Or you betray that task, your friend, and the world to carry out a task that will destroy life as they know it. Cole was destined to be in an un-winnable situation no matter what he did. And that's why this series or the very least the Cole storyline needs to end.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.