Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

Infamous 2 First Gameplay

• 83 results
    Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zimbo
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Looks totally badass. I'm still not sold on the new Cole design/voice, but I'm sold on the gameplay. Looks like they're using the Uncharted 2 approach to sequels: Make everything bigger, better, and more explosion-y/destructible. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

Ugh...his new voice and look sucks. When he was talking to that guy in the limo that was not Cole at all.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Gav47

Looks great but man I hate to life in that city.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By jacksukeru

Maybe I should give the demo of the first one another go, see if I can get into it. 

Not a fan of Cole's face, too generic-y and reminds me to much of Drake.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Kiemoe

Gameplay looked like it would take some getting used to, it was pretty different from the first one with regards to melee. Loving the camera swoops and set pieces, though. Not a big fan of the voice, but I'm all right with the new look. I really disliked the look and the voice of the original Cole.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

FAAAAN-TITTY-TASTIC!! His voice actor I don't actually mind too much, though his look could do with a few alterations...or maybe just a complete makeover..

Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zimbo
    @RockmanBionics:
    They just need to hire Nolan North and they will soon have Uncharted 2 with superpowers.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spoonman671

Game looks awesome already.  I just don't understand the decision to completely alter Cole.  I'll probably get over, and it seems like they'll be changing it anyway.

I hope that tornado power doesn't completely replace the lightning bolt power from the first game.  When you first get to use the lightning is probably one of my favorite moments of this generation of games.

EDIT: Also, where's the HD?

Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Dysnomia

I like Cole's new look, not really digging the voice though. Gameplay wise though it looks fantastic. I'll most likely pick it up when it comes out.

rdav1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rdav1109

Is that even still Cole? 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " EDIT: Also, where's the HD? "
    Probably only cut just for the stage demo. 
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Dingofighter

The new Cole looks alright, his voice though, I don't like it at all. When he talked to the guy in the limo, ugh, sounded like he wanted to sound like a bad-ass action hero but the voice just didn't fit at all. Imagine that line being delivered by the old voice actor and it immediately gets better. That's what I think anyway.
    The gameplay looked great though and I guess that is what really matters. No ice powers though, I'm beginning to think it may be like someone else said, it isn't Cole that gets ice powers, but Zeke or someone else instead.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Again, gameplay looks great, but Cole being a totally different character is very stupid.
    Really hoping the developers do go ahead and change that.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Gabriel
    @MaFoLu said:
    " The new Cole looks alright, his voice though, I don't like it at all. When he talked to the guy in the limo, ugh, sounded like he wanted to sound like a bad-ass action hero but the voice just didn't fit at all. Imagine that line being delivered by the old voice actor and it immediately gets better. That's what I think anyway. The gameplay looked great though and I guess that is what really matters. No ice powers though, I'm beginning to think it may be like someone else said, it isn't Cole that gets ice powers, but Zeke or someone else instead. "  
    To alleviate this issue they can hire the old voice actor and change his look for "Evil Cole" then nobody would play as good cole
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By CowMuffins
    @rdav1109 said:
    " Is that even still Cole?  "
    Technically yes. Also, they need someone other than Zeke. Come on, Zeke is the worst character ever created.
    Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bionicicide

How would a first-playthrough person know that you're supposed to get hit by the rocket in the road and turn around and do a crazy super-move against the helicopter?

Ignored the first when I had a PS3, but even I have to say the redesigned Cole is dumb.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dingofighter
    @Gabriel said:
    " @MaFoLu said:
    " The new Cole looks alright, his voice though, I don't like it at all. When he talked to the guy in the limo, ugh, sounded like he wanted to sound like a bad-ass action hero but the voice just didn't fit at all. Imagine that line being delivered by the old voice actor and it immediately gets better. That's what I think anyway. The gameplay looked great though and I guess that is what really matters. No ice powers though, I'm beginning to think it may be like someone else said, it isn't Cole that gets ice powers, but Zeke or someone else instead. "  
    To alleviate this issue they can hire the old voice actor and change his look for "Evil Cole" then nobody would play as good cole "
    This sounds like a pretty good idea which will make both those who like the old Cole, and those who like the new Cole happy.
    If you want the new look and voice, play as a good character and if you want the old look and voice, play as an evil character.
    Would be pretty wierd to have him change that much though...
    Onigenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Onigenko

Looks awesome, really liking the melee combat.

Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zimbo

@Spoonman671:

It will be in HD when it is exclusively shown on GTTV soon. Until then this is the best quality I can find.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By gearhead

As someone who does not have a PS3, I really liked the look of Cole with his hoodie. The lack of the hoodie is kind of disappointing.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Vorbis

Seems like a big difference from the first game which I wasn't expecting.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By guiseppe

Cole looks and sounds completely different. I am not a fan. However, in terms of gameplay it looks awesome.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jkz

I love how dynamic everything looks. It certainly looks sped up from the first game, which is a major improvement in my mind. 

Don't love the new voice (like the new looks ), but anything is an improvement over the gravely, failed bad-ass VO of the first game. 

Kudos to the guys at Sucker Punch, this looks awesome.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Bionicicide said:
    " How would a first-playthrough person know that you're supposed to get hit by the rocket in the road and turn around and do a crazy super-move against the helicopter?  Ignored the first when I had a PS3, but even I have to say the redesigned Cole is dumb. "
    This was probably set up that way just for the purposes of this demo/trailer.  Infamous is an open-world game, so I don't think that kind of gameplay will be in the retail version.  Of course I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sure Sucker Punch will make it clear what you have to do.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Zimbo: Awesome. I just hope they don't make those action-y chase sequences, where Cole was running towards the screen, a common occurrence. Doesn't look fun. On the other hand, lol at the ridiculous ending. That seemed completely unprovoked. Must have just been to show off a certain special move, not to actually show off how that scene will progress.

Edit: I LOVE melee combat in my games. I don't like the slow-mo, however. It's cool at first, yeah. But after awhile, I can see myself just sitting, waiting for a couple seconds while the little animation I've seen a thousand times progresses. It looks really cool!... but the first game's real appeal was in its fast-paced action and quickly satisfying move-selection.
    Example: just climbed a building. Shit! four dustmen! Boom, just shockwaved them off the roof before they could kill me.
    Or: I see a bunch of guys below me. I'm on the train-racks. I lob a couple shock grenades, then crash down on the Conduit, taking him and all his henchmen to the floor. I Shockwave the Conduit out of my way, then quickly melee the last two guys. I run over to the Conduit, kick him while he's down, then strap him to the floor. Just got a nice little chunk of experience, and a lot of satisfaction.

The first game's appeal was in its simplicity and awesome feel. I'm really glad to see melee combat be revamped for the sequel, but I just think that as soon as you start adding slow-motion and messing with the flow, things start to lose their lasting sparkle.
    Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Warfare
    @RockmanBionics said:
    " Maybe I should give the demo of the first one another go, see if I can get into it."
    I'm thinking the same thing.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#28  Edited By sjschmidt93

Gameplay looks good, no matter how much  hate the new Cole.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#29  Edited By Jazz

looks like a massive improvement movement wise on the first. 
    I don't see how anyone can complain about the new Cole compared to the old one. Prototype had a much better character arc imo than Infamous by...well miles. 
    Cole in the first game was a non entity to me. Just a gravel voiced idiot with a number 1 haircut. He had zero in the way of character. At least in Prototype that actually made sense. 
    The powers look great, but since when could anyone take a helicopter to the head and not break you neck? Missiles you can dodge, helicopter to the neck? Not so much. 
    Also, for a good guy he is causing waaaaaaaaaaay too much damage to the city. 
    Not serious complaints, just odd considering the whole good guy/bad guy dynamic.

Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
    deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything is great, except the melee weapon that he uses, they could of gave him something that has a more sleek look to it, instead its all huge and ugly.
    thatguy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thatguy42

I agree with everyone else I suppose.  Gameplay-wise, the game looks much smoother and is better.  Cole's new VA sounds extremely annoying though (also his neck looks awkwardly big in my opinion).

Avatar image for i_love_eva_braun
    I_love_Eva_Braun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By I_love_Eva_Braun

I'm still not sure how to feel about this game,it looks awesome,but there's just something off.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CL60
    @I_love_Eva_Braun said:
    " I'm still not sure how to feel about this game,it looks awesome,but there's just something off. "
    The something that is off is probably Cole.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Steve_C

Looks amazing. Not sure why people are so attatched to the old cole. He wasn't interesting at all.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By GunstarRed

Oh, my It looks fantastic...such a great speed  to burn through the city. the animation still looks a little clunky but ill forgive it. That trailer really, really is great. 
    not fond of the new look/voice of cole though.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Earlier today there was a much higher quality trailer on 1Up, but it appears that they took it down... :(

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Rhaknar

still hate the new look and voice, but the game looks fucking good. Camera seems a wee bit too close to Cole tho, but i'm sure i'll gt used to it

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Damian

Never cared too much for the old Cole, but the change is still pretty baffling.  And what's with the club thing? Shooting rockets from your palms not powerful enough? Looks fun. But seems silly. 

But it's all made up for by wall grinding! Hells yes! I don't really care for the fiction of inFamous, but the gameplay is solid. I hope I can grab this one for $40 on day one like the last one. Doubtful, but here's to hoping.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Looks great, can't wait to buy it. However the voice is horrible and that doesn't even resemble cole at all.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NinjaHunter
    @Gearhead said:
    " As someone who does not have a PS3, I really liked the look of Cole with his hoodie. The lack of the hoodie is kind of disappointing. "
    I'm not sure if this is suppose to be a joke or not. But if not, you're thinking of Prototype, Cole never had a hoodie. 

But yeah I never really cared about Cole. So I don't mind the change that much, although I have to agree he does look too much like Nathan Drake. I like Drake but we don't need two of them. Still though, this game is going to be awesome.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JoelTGM

Awesome!  Must buy

Alucard_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Alucard_N7

DAMN!!!!! That tornado power was insane!!!! hell yeah! Fk the new cole look!

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By landon

The melee combat make it look a lot more like an action game instead of a third person shooter with lightning. I also really like the cinematic stuff. Game looks amazing. I NEED TO BUY A PS3!!!

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AlwaysAngry

I never played the first InFAMOUS, so you might need to help me out here, but why would they change the main character like that? I have NEVER seen a game do that before.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cramsy

Looks like inFamous and thats perfect

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By unclejohnny79

Wow that looks intense, its kinda nice seeing a franchise get a bit lighter then a bit darker

willylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By willylo
    @RockmanBionics:  Unfortunately the demo was terrible and didn't really show the best of the game. I hated the demo but ended up loving the game.

On a side note, this game looks freaking awesome! It definitely has taken a page from the Uncharted series cinematic wise. Loved the first one, one of my favorite games this generation, hope they keep it on the right track and perhaps find a better voice for Cole by release... :P
    sovereign13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By sovereign13

The freaks come out at night.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#49  Edited By MachoFantastico

Looks awesome, but seriously the new Cole McGrath sounds (and looks) awful to me. Why exactly did they change him? Did people (or SuckerPunch) really hate him so much? 

I know there was an issue with the voice actor's location, but the look of the original McGrath was great. 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#50  Edited By Icemael

Not feeling the new voice. Not feeling it at all. And it might just be the video quality, but it seems to me the environments lack some of the... grittiness they had in the first game.

Everything else looks great, though. Well, except the melee. Looks super mashy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.