inFamous 2 Unveiled

• 140 results
Posted by MattBodega (1904 posts) -

Game Informer has revealed the game featured on the cover of its July issue. Recognize the face underneath that beard-and-goatee combo? 

Same electricity, new beard.
Why, it's our favorite video game electric man, Cole MacGrath. Yes, inFamous 2 is officially a real video game, and the magazine will feature a ten page story on the new exploits of Cole. While firm details on the game are still unknown, Game Informer teases that inFamous 2 will feature "a new city, new powers, and a powerful new foe." I imagine you won't have to wait too much longer for more information on inFamous 2; I hear there's a thing happening. 

Adding a new villain to the series is kind of a shame, though. I thought I did a pretty good job menacing Cole last time around. 

What do you folks want to see in Cole's new adventure? What new takes on "electricity-but-really-it's-a-gun" would you like to see realized in this game? And how do you feel about the facial hair?
#1 Posted by MattBodega (1904 posts) -

Game Informer has revealed the game featured on the cover of its July issue. Recognize the face underneath that beard-and-goatee combo? 

Same electricity, new beard.
Why, it's our favorite video game electric man, Cole MacGrath. Yes, inFamous 2 is officially a real video game, and the magazine will feature a ten page story on the new exploits of Cole. While firm details on the game are still unknown, Game Informer teases that inFamous 2 will feature "a new city, new powers, and a powerful new foe." I imagine you won't have to wait too much longer for more information on inFamous 2; I hear there's a thing happening. 

Adding a new villain to the series is kind of a shame, though. I thought I did a pretty good job menacing Cole last time around. 

What do you folks want to see in Cole's new adventure? What new takes on "electricity-but-really-it's-a-gun" would you like to see realized in this game? And how do you feel about the facial hair?
#2 Edited by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

YA 
first one was amazing 
although i cant say i wanta sequal this soon

#3 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

Assassins Creed 3.

#4 Posted by s10129107 (1183 posts) -

He looks completely different

#5 Posted by Murdouken (709 posts) -

Facial hair looks poppin' fresh and mega trendy.

#6 Posted by Shisnopi (78 posts) -

I don't think we're playing as Cole This time around. Looks like its set in a town reminiscent of Paris

#7 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@s10129107: 

Yea he does. He must have gone to the GAP.
#8 Edited by DM (77 posts) -

Yeah that pic does'nt look like Cole at all. Excited to hear about the game tho.

#9 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -

That is not my bro Cole. That'd be someone else. I'm interested what the details of the story is, since that's why I played inFamous so much.

#10 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

I added electricity to the page! YEAH!

#11 Posted by Yummylee (21615 posts) -

He looks like one of my ME2 Shepards. O.o 

#12 Posted by Binman88 (3687 posts) -

It's been said above, but I'll say it again - that doesn't look anything like Cole. Is there any released information confirming it is Cole?

#13 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Cole's now a pro-skateboarder.

Seriously though, I dunno why they've made him look even more generic - but the gameplay in the original was absolutely solid, and I'm expecting more of the same here.

#14 Posted by NickM (1071 posts) -

The subtitle "Electric Boogaloo" never felt more appropriate. Think about it Sucker Punch.

#15 Posted by ZmillA (2271 posts) -

he looks mad generic

#16 Posted by Milkman (16781 posts) -

That does not look like Cole at all. I'm not happy about this.

#17 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4488 posts) -

...Then what the hell does Sony plan to show at E3? 

"We are proud to announce we signed an exclusive deal with the devil and now all Xbox 360 games will appear exclusively on the Playstation 3 platform!" *applause*    

#18 Posted by Brake (1099 posts) -

Kinda maybe looks like the French Quarter? New Orleans? Regardless, I'd love to see some more color and life in the new city.

Also, that doesn't really look like Cole.

#19 Posted by Onigenko (335 posts) -

My favorite open world game gets a sequel, yay! New Cole looks weird.

#20 Posted by jos1ah (325 posts) -

Varied setting, better climbing, more platforming at scary heights.
#21 Posted by Jimbo (9809 posts) -

Why is Charlie Sheen in inFamous 2?

#22 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6188 posts) -

Suggestions for new superpowers?  Static cling and door handle shocks.  He'll be the dastardly prankster of the superhuman world.
#23 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Can people seriously stop popping off their load before E3, it's going to be another meh like last year's one because everyone knows what's up

#24 Posted by Frostler (244 posts) -

Thank you god!! I can't wait to play it!

#25 Edited by StealthRaptor (528 posts) -

Okay look at the image of Cole, and then glance to your right at the image of Michael Thorton.

Also: Why are we still following Cole instead of some new dude with different powers?

#26 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6188 posts) -

And like Batman, Cole's police contacts should have a light they can shine when they need him, except instead of a bat, they use the symbol of the shocker.  Two in the pink, one in the stink, baby.

#27 Posted by SlantedRoom (265 posts) -

i don't really see a bead, i'd call that a 5 o'clock shadow at BEST
#28 Posted by MisterMouse (3553 posts) -

Looks like a new orleans style place...

#29 Edited by Ghostiet (5269 posts) -

I loved inFAMOUS and announcement of a sequel is one of the best things that happened to me this year.

Though it would be hard to make artwork that would suck MORE than this piece of shit cover.

#30 Posted by zkillz (93 posts) -

what the heck there are huge spoilers on that kessler page :(

#31 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

They should have him travel back in time to the wild west.  I'd like to rail grind in RDR...

#32 Posted by Haseo (53 posts) -

I hope the sequel will live up to the first, it was a awesome game

#33 Posted by Pat (72 posts) -

hopefully you won't constantly be swarmed by expert enemy snipers.  i don't think a moment of that game went by where i wasn't being shot from miles away.

#34 Posted by Carlos1408 (1506 posts) -
@Pat said:
" hopefully you won't constantly be swarmed by expert enemy snipers.  i don't think a moment of that game went by where i wasn't being shot from miles away. "
That exactly. I never finished the game because of that, to be honest I didn't really like it. I just couldn't be fucked with it, I did play it like almost a year after its release though. I preferred Prototype to it.
#35 Posted by Beforet (2921 posts) -

Cole's look doesn't sit too well for me, but it's promotional stuff, so whatever. One thing that does concern me is the news from a while ago about how there would be a new VA for Cole in this game. That would be most unfortunate.

#36 Edited by ProfessorEss (7362 posts) -

Excited about the game but DAAANG that's some bad artwork.
(...not bad for a hobbiest, but bad for a big release magazine cover)

I'm a tiny bit let down tho. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I was really hoping they'd use the franchise to tell the tales of different characters as opposed to the standard sequel-sequel.
I'm kinda worried the electricity bag will either end up feeling either redundant, or overdone - we'll see.

#37 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

Looking good with a full head of hair.

#38 Posted by Hammerjelly (221 posts) -

Some pretty shitty facial hair right there. Still, should be good.

#39 Posted by handlas (2679 posts) -

well Cole is looking different.  I was hoping he would be decked out in a full superhero costume.

#40 Posted by John1912 (1883 posts) -

First one was great, but I hope they go for a more organic feel to the city missions, and atmosphere.  Thats something the industry as a whole needs to work on. 

#41 Posted by hermes (1476 posts) -

I liked the game, but I don't mind about the new look. Cole's old look was really generic, up to the point where you could change his face for Nathan Hale and noone would notice.
#42 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

That ... doesn't look like Cole.  That looks like an entirely different electric person.  If you shave that hair off, his face is still constructed differently.  The nose, eyebrows, and cheekbones are visibly wrong.  Maybe I'm crazy.

#43 Posted by Videogames (257 posts) -

So they made Cole look like some college dude.

#44 Posted by InFamous91 (931 posts) -

Can't fucking wait!

#45 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

They made Cole look like a douche...

#46 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1433 posts) -

I just hope they think of a faster way to travel

#47 Posted by EvolutionX0 (413 posts) -

Still trying to finish the first infamous, but the 2nd looks interesting already :D

#48 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Seriously though after the events of Infamous why would he look so happy go lucky. This isn't Cole or at least the Cole portrayed in Infamous 1. 

#49 Posted by xyzygy (9981 posts) -

That doesn't look like Cole at all. Probably a new character. I really hope they add a lot to this game or it won't be worth it for me. I hated the open world in inFamous. The only reason I played it through to completion was because it felt great to play, as in the controls and the movement were just spot on.

#50 Posted by LtColJaxson (1137 posts) -

I am not really seeing the beard that the article mentions... just a bit of a shadow. He looks kinda lame here with the hair... almost even more generic than the first game with him bald.

But I enjoyed the first game a lot so I expect the same if not better quality from the sequel - so I am really looking forward to this!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.