Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

So this had a pretty awesome ending. (Spoilers, obviously)

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By benjaebe

Going through my backlog of games has been taking a hell of a lot of time, and I just got around to finishing inFamous 2 (the good ending.) I've got to say that not only did the story have some pretty great moments (a lot of the friendship between Zeke and Cole was very well done,) but they even killed off Cole. Zeke's monologue at the end was really good and made me feel great about Cole's character arc. This game really snuck under the radar for me, but god damn if the story over the course of the two games wasn't interesting and well done. I thought Kou and Nix's sort of "role reversal" at the end was really interesting, having spent all of the playthrough choosing Kou over Nix.

Much like how I felt with Portal 2 and Chell, I hope they leave the series on the high note it's on and don't drag Cole back into another game. It's just refreshing to see a franchise that definitively ends without a cliffhanger or teases at a sequel. More games should do that.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By jacksukeru

I liked those things too, but man, the lenghts they would go to, to make most cutscenes fit regardless of if you were good or bad were really annoying. In the choice specific ones Cole would either come off as heroic or a bastard, but in the other ones he comes off as neither and a little of both, it felt pretty weak.

I also think Nix sucks, but I haven't played or seen the bad side of the events maybe sha has more redemptive sides (I was planning to play through it again with a friend who likes to play evil anyway but we didn't end up getting far and haven't gotten back to it).

It was a nice twist to see Kou flip, I think she actually says something in the beginning like "people do strange things when they're scared" or something which , when I saw it again, blew my mind.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I recently got my PS3 and bought the Infamous Collection on PSN. I just finished Infamous 2 and damn are these games fun! I thought the ending to the first game was a little cliche but it did get me excited to see where they take it with the sequel.

I think i like Infamous 2 more just because you get an actual melee weapon which compliments your electric powers very well. I also like all the different variations on your core powers and how you can swap each of them on the fly. The Kou/Nix switcheroo was nice and i wasn't expecting that.

I'll probably play both games on hard and Evil sometime before Second Son comes out.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Loved the gameplay in each of these, but the story and the characters were super memorable, too. And that music!

And that's why Second Son is the reason I'm getting a PS4.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Seppli

@benjaebe said:

Going through my backlog of games has been taking a hell of a lot of time, and I just got around to finishing inFamous 2 (the good ending.) I've got to say that not only did the story have some pretty great moments (a lot of the friendship between Zeke and Cole was very well done,) but they even killed off Cole. Zeke's monologue at the end was really good and made me feel great about Cole's character arc. This game really snuck under the radar for me, but god damn if the story over the course of the two games wasn't interesting and well done. I thought Kou and Nix's sort of "role reversal" at the end was really interesting, having spent all of the playthrough choosing Kou over Nix.

Much like how I felt with Portal 2 and Chell, I hope they leave the series on the high note it's on and don't drag Cole back into another game. It's just refreshing to see a franchise that definitively ends without a cliffhanger or teases at a sequel. More games should do that.

I thought the ending was the worst. Not exactly the content of it - that was okay. I fucking hated that they gave me a choice, but locked me out of actually making a choice unless I grind karma.

I played the Good Guy, but wanted the Bad Ending, because it is what I would have done in that situation, and what I think Cole would have done in that situation, and what Sucker Punch takes as canon for Second Son. My Cole is a good guy, but no matter how you play Cole, he's never that good. He won't bite the bullet for anyone - come on!

So yeah, being given a choice, but being locked out of the choice I want to make? WORST DESIGN IN VIDEOGAME HISTORY! For as much as I loved the game mechanically, I've got to whisper this *FUCK YOU GUYS!* into the depths of cosmos right now. You know who you are! And now I'm off to youtube to watch the ending I really wanted for my playthrough. Fuckers!

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF are you talking about? You necro a thread to spout nonsense?

I played pure evil, all the way, draining people for energy then draining crowds of people for energy. Then made the "Good Choice" in the end.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seppli

@budwyzer said:

WTF are you talking about? You necro a thread to spout nonsense?

I played pure evil, all the way, draining people for energy then draining crowds of people for energy. Then made the "Good Choice" in the end.

No you didn't. Unless you can have two karmical alignments at the same time. When I chose to do the bad ending with my good karma Cole, it kicked me out of the mission, so I could go and grind bad karma, until it lets me make the choice.

Of course I didn't do that. What a fucking *Fuck you!* is that?

btw. played the digital version of it, from a recent EU PSN sale - dunno if it's different in the disc or US version.

P.S. If you sided with Kuo, that's actually the Bad Ending this time around. Nix was the good ending.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@budwyzer:

Loading Video...

Read it for yourself, if you don't believe me. The embed player is setup when it's on-screen. For ease...

Press L2 to abandon this mission and work to switch your Karmic alingment...

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad you enjoyed it squire, such an awesome game! I did really enjoy the twists at the end too and cannot wait to see how Second Son's story will pan out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.