Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

Stealing Blast Shards

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

I'm playing mostly Good but i can't resist chasing down civilians and stealing their blast shards. I was wondering though, since there are a set number of shards in the world what happens when you steal one? Or does this game handle collectables differently than most open world games?

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By djou

It doesn't matter. There is a finite number but the number is really high. I did two play throughs on good and evil and you can max out the karma meter at some point. After that point I went crazy stealing as many shards as I wanted. Just make sure to constantly balance it with good deeds. After a while I found it a pain in the ass to chase the runners down. It was easier to wait for the random events where you diffuse a bomb for a shard.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy

I remember in the first game you could max out the meter with the collectibles on the map but you could reach the max faster by getting shards from quests. I think it's the same in Infamous 2. Once it's maxed instead of saying how many shards are needed to upgrade it should say how many shards remain to be found.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Jedted

@djou: I just used the electric whip to trip em up then restrain em and steal their shards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.