Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

Trophy issues w/ Hard difficulty

bolognarock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bolognarock

I've heard from several different website forums that people who have beaten Infamous 2 on hard haven't received the "Pain Builds Character" trophy.   
    They were saying that after receiving the prompt at the end of the game to continue on to their hard playthrough, and after beating the game on hard, they didn't receive the trophy.  

I already beat the game on normal but this prompt never allowed me to start a new game on hard.  

So should I just start a new game and then switch the difficulty to hard during the first cutscene? Or not until the final mission? 

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

Start a new game, and as soon as it gives you control of Cole, switch the difficulty to hard.

bolognarock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bolognarock
    @ESREVER: Oh I see, I mean there's a cutscene before that where you can pause and switch the difficulty, but I imagine it works both ways.
    strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By strainedeyes

I'd do it during the cutscene just to be safe. There are people who have changed difficulty while still in the Empire City scene but didn't get it because they waited to long.

bolognarock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bolognarock

It's still ridiculous that Sucker Punch didn't design it so that you just choose the difficulty setting at the beginning when you hit new game. It would of solved all of the problems people have been having trying to get that trophy... 

I will feel incredibly cheated if I don't get that trophy by the end, since I'm not planning on playing it a third time.

IshimuraD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By IshimuraD

I've heard as long as you change the difficulty before the very first Beast fight, it'll be fine. I got the trophy myself, and as soon I was in control I changed it.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

As soon as I could pause it and go into the menu I changed it to hard and now I have the trophy.

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MancombSeepgood

Just to be on the safe side, I started a new game, changed the difficulty and then started another new game. I imagine it'll work just before you do anything else though.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mars_Cleric

I just finished it today on hard and didn't get the trophy.

It automatically changed the difficulty to hard after the tutorial and I figured it would count...it didn't.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Sander

I don't know WTF Brad was talking about during the bombcast because this game was very easy, even on hard.

bolognarock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bolognarock
    @Sander: Infamous 2 is by no means easy. There's a fair amount of challenge especially in hard mode, but yeah you're right, Brad can be kind of a pussy sometimes......No offense Brad but it's true!
    nasie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By nasie

I just switched to hard as soon as I was given control to cole, it worked for me. And a tip for completing hard is just  to camp out the roofs on big fights.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gike987
    @bolognarock said:
    @Sander: Infamous 2 is by no means easy. There's a fair amount of challenge especially in hard mode, but yeah you're right, Brad can be kind of a pussy sometimes......No offense Brad but it's true!
    Infamous 2 is very easy, even on hard. As long as you never forget that you can heal at any time by draining electricity you are pretty much unkillable except for the rare cheap deaths by shotgun guys you didn't see.
    bolognarock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bolognarock
    @gike987:  You're using the term "very easy" very loosely. Infamous 2 on hard is NOT very easy. And you make it sound like draining electricity is incredibly easy, however, it's not when there isn't any place to drain it close-by, especially when you're being attacked by large groups of enemies. And all of those cheap deaths you're talking about happen way more frequently on hard mode since there are not only more dudes with RPGs, but more RPGs flying at you.  

Yeah sure Infamous 2 is pretty easy on normal, but it is at the very least "challenging" on hard.
    zymase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By zymase

@Mars_Cleric said:

I just finished it today on hard and didn't get the trophy.

It automatically changed the difficulty to hard after the tutorial and I figured it would count...it didn't.

This just happened to me as I finished my second (Hero) playthrough. Frustrating because this trophy is the only one left before the Platinum trophy. Any workarounds anyone knows of or will there have to be another playthrough in my very near future?

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mars_Cleric

@zymase: I think there's a new playthrough coming both our ways.

I may wait a while to do it but at least I'll have both karma powers unlocked for my next playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.