Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

Are you choosing to be good or evil for Second Son?

• 48 results
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By falserelic

Poll Are you choosing to be good or evil for Second Son? (152 votes)

Good Guy ( Protect the weak and serve justice that benefits everyone) 80%
    Bad Guy ( Fuck justice, kill the weak and do anything that benefits you only) 20%

Second Son will be releasing this Friday. I'm going for the Good Karma on my first playthrough. I like being a cool badass super hero first then becoming an asshole afterwards. The game looks fucking aswome I can't wait to see the other powers in the game. Next week its going to be pure fun and chaos on the ps4.

• 
    s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I always just feel like an ass trying to play evil.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've played both sides in the last ones, so I'll probably end up doing that again. but playing evil first is way more fun for me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm sort of bummed that they are going such a super binary system again. I really dig games like the witcher which are more interested in letting you make decisions and deal with the concequences rather than making such a scene about the good and evil stuff.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By csl316

I'll start off as good. The only time I naturally took an evil turn in a game is in Knight of the Old Republic. Those ungrateful wookies hit a nerve... I happened to go to the Dark Jedi temple right afterwards and turning just felt right.

But I'll say that the Infamous games can get pretty fun on an evil playthrough. You basically let go of your inhibitions, get more messy powers that cause chaos, and just approach each situation as aggressive and carefree as possible. I'll probably play this a second time just for that experience.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Most likely good. Most games that have this good or evil choice I always end up choosing good. I have to purposefully go back and replay the game and force myself to be evil to see the other content.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Good on the first play through, evil on the second. I always hate playing the bad guy, but inFAMOUS changes it up enough with the powers that i have to play the bad guy just to see how they changed.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually do 2 runs, Good is always first however

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Are they going with the extremely binary system of the first two games (kill a baby vs. save a baby), or are they trying to introduce more grey rather than just black and white? My big problems with the series has always been that it's the biggest example of "video game logic" when it comes to good vs. evil.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good, what with that being canon to the story. Will play evil after that, thanks to different powers being provided, like mentioned above.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

However the powers sound, or more importantly what's more interesting to XP grind. I preferred doing the electro shock therapy to sucking life out of people in 1 and don't remember the differences in 2 but I'm pretty sure I went evil my first play of 2 because of the annoying new enemies and evil/fire attacks' area of effect.

Olqavtoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will probably start with good and do an evil playthrough later.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Like others have said, I'll play through the game twice, the first time through as good karma, then the second as evil.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably play good first run-through, then evil.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good first, Evil second. When given the choice, I always play games as a good guy first. It usually requires you to play more careful, thoughtful, and accurate. On the 2nd playthrough I play evil and just wreck everything and everyone.

I prefer to play and make decisions as I would if I were the character, but a lot of games punish you for doing so by locking abilities and powers behind a morality wall of either extreme.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#15  Edited By DonutFever

I never felt like Evil in inFamous was "fun evil". Just a shittier version of the Good path. You got cool powers though.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I really believe that this series would be a lot better if they just dropped the whole good/evil element. It's just another example of a game that lets you play as a saint or complete asshole with no in-between. I'd rather play the good path, but from the sounds of it, the gameplay is geared more toward making the evil path the easier option with the way they tied the combat into the system.

Though I'm honestly not sure how much of the game I'll actually play. I'm interested in it solely for its use of Seattle as a setting. Hopefully it's handled with more care than the vibe I get from all of these trailers that use Nirvana covers. (You'd seriously think that Nirvana was the only musical act Seattle was ever even known for.)

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I always play these games twice, so good first.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Rejizzle

I always go through good first. I know that I'm going to do both, and it's very liberating not giving a fuck about anything after trying save everyone.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MEATBALL

I'll likely play evil, that's how I've played the previous inFamous games and they do a pretty good job still letting you feel like something of a hero in spite of your assholish tendencies. I like the more destructive variations on the powers that comes with the "evil" side of things.

I've always really liked inFamous's karma system, it's a welcome part of the series and one that I totally expect to be there. It's not a roleplaying game, I don't need every option available and every decision to be bathed in a million shades of grey. As someone who actually likes the series, I'd be extremely disappointed if Sucker Punch did away with the system.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By handlas

Good.

I was disappointed they kept the morality system in; just found out recently when watching vids they released. I was really hoping they got rid of it. Always felt tacked on and meaningless overall and muddies the main character's motivations/personality. Hopefully they do something more with it here. Probably my biggest complaint about the Infamous series because I love the games otherwise.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NTM

Good first, and then if I feel like a second go, bad the second. There are some games that I find a hard time even being evil in, though the first two Infamous' weren't them.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point I'm debating whether I should play it on hard. Thinking about it I might aswell play it on hard, get the most fun and use my powers to the best of my abilities. I also might play that nas ''Hero'' song while I'm at it too, just for the immersion.

Loading Video...

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually have to force myself to do the evil choice if they are as black and white as they usually are. If stuff is more in the grey zone I go with whatever I would actually choose real life in the same scenario.

Planning on doing first good, second bad as many others, but it depends on how "hard" the choices are.

klinekline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm most likely going to do an evil play through first, mainly because the citizens in the inFAMOUS universe have always gotten on my nerves when and especially this game where everyone appears to be anti-conduit. Especially the DUP. Those assholes deserve to get a cloud of flaming hot smoke straight up the ass.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I normally have way more fun playing as evil in games like this so I do that first so my first playthrough is my ideal one. The only problem is that I lose motivation to do a second, good playthrough, so in a way going good first would probably be smart. But nowing me I'll probably sway to evil pretty quickly.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I always go good for my first playthrough in every game with a binary good/evil alignment system. I'll eventually do an evil playthrough, but I can never bring myself to commit to playing on evil on my first playthrough.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is the option of picking both? I'm usually am good the first playthrough.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is the option of picking both? I'm usually am good the first playthrough.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bybeach

Who wants to be evil..unless they made the pay-off worth it. IE, eliminating pontificating, prissy and often hypocritical good spouting NPC's, really showing what you got without having to worry about the mess, and hopefully both with a wound up sense of humor of say a very world-aware Joker or Tim Curry..

Then I would perhaps be in. After all, not much different from real life.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who wants to be evil..unless they made the pay-off worth it. IE, eliminating pontificating, prissy and often hypocritical good spouting NPC's, really showing what you got without having to worry about the mess, and hopefully both with a wound up sense of humor of say a very world-aware Joker or Tim Curry..

Then I would perhaps be in. After all, not much different from real life.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Wraxend

I always play infamous as a good guy on normal first, then play evil on the hardest mode second time round as I don't have to hold back and worry about the civilians.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I always go good for my first time through, then if I like the game enough I might do a second play through as evil.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I realized when playing Infamous 1 and 2 that the whole time what I really wanted to do was fuck shit up. So I'm going to do exactly that this time.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

For whatever reason I cant ever bring myself to be the evil character in games given the choice. Except kicking that dude out of a window in mass effect 2

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Grissefar

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get past this good and evil bullshit in games?

It'd be 100 times more interesting to play a game where an individual tries his best to do what be believes is right, only to eventually be slowly overpowered by an institution where the agenda is to make it appear as if progress is made when none is actually made, forcing the individual to make heavy compromises or leave the institution altogether.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Infamous is always a tough choice for me. Up until now the evil powers were just more fun to use. But from a story standpoint, especially in the second game, the evil choices were just laughably terrible and I just couldn't take them seriously. There was that one great choice in the first game that actually made me pause and think, but the problem with these games is that really you need to be all good or all bad from a gameplay perspective, so the choices end up not meaning anything. I assume when I play it, I'll do like most and do a good playthrough first and then go back and do evil.

TheFridgeGC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheFridgeGC

both

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@amyggen: It is the same as the earlier titles unfortunately. Source: Kotaku. Most likely good and then evil if I really like the game.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have always played both paths in the previous inFamous games, but I always play evil first because I am having more fun not worrying about collateral damage when laying waste to the enemies.

Interestingly, infamous are the only games where I go evil first, or at all...

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm assuming that I'll approach this game the way I did with the other two. Good on normal difficulty for first play through and then bad on hardest difficulty for second play through.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always play through as a nice guy first and if I feel like it or the game warrants a second play through I'll go as a bad guy.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm not sure if I will even last one playthrough, but I am going evil because I would rather just blow stuff up.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game has one of the worst "morality" systems I've played since... the original Infamous. I wish the character was allowed to ramp up to evil instead of just starting out like "Fuck all of you bitches. I'm evil." It's more enjoyable for me to play the good guy. I have a lot of games to play so maybe somewhere down the line I'll play evil but I beat Mass Effect 2 three times and never did a renegade play through.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#49  Edited By TheMasterDS

Good guy is the correct answer. Min maxing evil just makes him a cartoonishly evil psychopath who murders everyone who crosses his path and doesn't quite manage to justify himself ever. At least with good the cut scenes and his actions outside of them line up.

Mind you the gameplay contrivances for those two different play styles are nice. It's neat to have upgrades that make the powers more non lethal. They did a good job of building that.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I already beat it on Normal / Good so I'll be doing Expert / Bad, but from what I could gather in the skill tree it would have been way, way, way easier to tackle Expert on Good and Normal on Bad. We'll see if that's true or not, I haven't actually read any first hand accounts that that's the case but the Good path just has a lot of health/defense benefits to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.