Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

Day One Patch adds 6 hours of gameplay and tweaks.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By turboman

Whelp, the game went gold over a month ago, looks like they didn't stop working after the fact.

---

Full 1.01 Patch Notes:

Cole's Legacy Content Pack

FREE with pre-order

Explore the events immediately following inFAMOUS 2

Work with an investigative reporter to understand the source of conduit powers

4 story missions, approximately 1 hour of gameplay

inFAMOUS Paper Trail Storyline

FREE bonus missions and exclusive web content

Innovative online and in-game story arc co-developed by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment

Manga and murder, follow the trail of origami doves to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.'s occupation of Seattle.

19 story missions and corresponding web-based investigations, approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay.

Difficulty Balance

Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers

Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers

Karma progression extended to support longer playtime

Boss Fights

The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun

More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks

Pedestrians and DUPs

Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city

Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety

Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities

Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids

Technical Improvements

Graphics and performance improvements

Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs

PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC

----

Good to see the traffic density has gone up, as I thought the streets looked a little to barren in the previews. The 5 hour update is supposed to unfold over the next couple of weeks.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It just keeps getting better. Super psyched now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's a substantial lot to hold back until release day, but good on them for adding it i suppose.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Xeiphyer

Holy, what size is the patch going to be? I gotta imagine that'll be a lengthy download to sit through for people. Hopefully all of it is on disk.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I really hope Amazon sends it today so I get my copy tomorrow. Otherwise I may cancel my order and get it on PSN

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Published by Ubisoft.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Now that's a damn patch!

The game already looks great but if they are making it even better! Sweet.

Toadie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Toadie

@ripelivejam: Well, if its on release day, it really doesn't matter. It's free and almost everyone will have it when they begin to play. I do wonder, however, if any reviewers had this content when they reviewed it, and if it would have any effect on scores. I dig this kind of stuff, but if this is the norm going forward, how relevant will pre-release day reviews actually be?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Jeust

@toadie said:

@ripelivejam: Well, if its on release day, it really doesn't matter. It's free and almost everyone will have it when they begin to play. I do wonder, however, if any reviewers had this content when they reviewed it, and if it would have any effect on scores. I dig this kind of stuff, but if this is the norm going forward, how relevant will pre-release day reviews actually be?

Gametrailers' review mentioned the Paper Trail missions.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is really crazy. I love that it's free. What a cool thing to do. Day one DLC should always be free. None of this Mass Effect 3 'From the Ashes' bullcrap anymore please.

Way to go Sucker Punch.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

The game came from Amazon today for me. I'm super psyched. For what sounds like a lot of content the patch seems very small at 267 MB.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It says the Legacy pack is free with preorder - what does that mean? Is there any code to input with a first-run of the game or something? I did preorder, but there was no code in my box or anything, so I figured I asked here. There is just a paper telling me to go on their web to unlock some more content, what's that about? I only got the game yesterday and played it for an hour or so before I had to go to sleep so I coul spend today at work, damn you capitalism!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: Did you get the shiny version? My code is on a slip where the manual should be.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: no, I got the normal box. I live in EU so that special version might just not be a thing here..?

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By a_e_martin

@quipido said:

@turboman: no, I got the normal box. I live in EU so that special version might just not be a thing here..?

I think in Europe it only comes with the Special Edition (which also includes Delsin's beanie hat), which I got, and the Collector's Edition.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#18  Edited By sammo21

@turboman: I am fairly certain the "post inFAMOUS 2" missions are pre-order bonus missions and the other mission set was mentioned in the paperwork that comes with the physical game.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I entered the code I got with the LE for the Cole's legacy pack but nothing appears to have downloaded in my PSN download manager?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Can Cole's Legacy be played first? Or is it Delsin exploring past stuff after the main story?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That's great! More content is always better. Looks like I'll be having plenty of fun for a while.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@csl316: it is intertwined with the main story. So eventually you'll he a yellow exclamation point pop up on your map as well as the white and black star. The exclamation are the Coles legacy mission. Not sure how to differentiate between the paper trail mission and main missions though

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

After the first boss fight I shudder to think what it must have been like pre-patch. Fuck she was annoying.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

That Paper Trail stuff seems shoddy. Like so shoddy the website doesn't even load 3 times out of 4. You have to refresh it and get lucky. Jesus Christ, it's a single player game which checks a server once every 30 minutes, how can you have more network problems than fucking Titanfall? Shameful. Main game was fun though.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rethla

That Paper Trail stuff seems shoddy. Like so shoddy the website doesn't even load 3 times out of 4. You have to refresh it and get lucky. Jesus Christ, it's a single player game which checks a server once every 30 minutes, how can you have more network problems than fucking Titanfall? Shameful. Main game was fun though.

Becouse all players bombard the refresh button on launchday smartass, the game is not depentent on it just wait a day or two its a quest that rolls out over 6weeks where is the fire?

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheMasterDS

@rethla: It's a way to space out content in order to keep people from trading it in. As someone who bought it digital I shouldn't be treated this way honestly. Also their system for this is ridiculous. You have to sign up on a separate site unprompted in order to turn in the mission which is apparently a thing for no explicable reason. Real shoddy work.

Also you can't be serious. You can't possibly think that a side mission quest server being less functional than Sim City was is perfectly fair. It's a thing every user is pinging a maximum of once unless it doesn't work at all. It shouldn't even have a website, much less a not working one. It's not that complicated a task.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rethla

@rethla: It's a way to space out content in order to keep people from trading it in. As someone who bought it digital I shouldn't be treated this way honestly. Also their system for this is ridiculous. You have to sign up on a separate site unprompted in order to turn in the mission which is apparently a thing for no explicable reason. Real shoddy work.

Also you can't be serious. You can't possibly think that a side mission quest server being less functional than Sim City was is perfectly fair. It's a thing every user is pinging a maximum of once unless it doesn't work at all. It shouldn't even have a website, much less a not working one. It's not that complicated a task.

You are right its not a complicated task and thats why they dont have huge servers to handle it like a Titanfall type of game. The servers will be stressed the first day as is normal and this isnt even remotly close to Sim City launch. Its two dumb comparisons and you are overreacting.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: All I'm saying is it's shoddy. Doesn't matter why it's shoddy, doesn't change the fact it's shoddy. It's also not the first day. It's the second day.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.