Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

Over an hour of new footage.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Krullban

Start at around 23 minutes.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

One thing that bothers me is that the world feels empty, not a lot of pedestrians.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Ayup, looks like more inFAMOUS! Really enjoy the quality of the animation and Delsin's jacket physics. If I had a PS4 I'd be down to getting it ASAP, but alas. Happy to hear there's at least an inFAMOUS PS4 Bundle, so when the time comes I'll then have inFAMOUS right there ready and waiting.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Only 2 more weeks. I'm super pumped. I was looking for this stream video yesterday but couldn't find it. I'll have to watch it later because I can't resist (& math class right now) but man, I'm stoked. Infamous!!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

It looks pretty good, but there's just too many other games to play right now on platforms that I already own.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not watching but cant wait for this to get released.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great. Had to stop watching though, whoever was playing first was awful and then the video's audio is out of sync later on.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They had the same demo on GameSpot's Now Playing. Looks like good fun, though perhaps not as innovative as I might've hoped. Really itching to get my hands on it now.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@mosdl: The thing that always bothered me about all the Infamous games, is the complete lack of ambient sounds. Metropolitan cities sound like lifeless deserts. It's an odd design choice for the series.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By glots

Tempted, but think I'll hold off for now. It's just two weeks away now...two very long weeks, but anyway! Also...

Loading Video...

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Looks great and just like Watch Dogs, I would've bought them on day one if that was the case, now I'm just going to wait for reviews and base my decision on the reception and the current price.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well visually it does look good. Certainly on the better side of what most games have shown so far on these new consoles.

It also does look like more Infamous which i suppose is great for fans but i grew pretty tired of the gameplay sometime through Infamous 2. And the one thing i found to be the most annoying in both the previous game was the overwhelming amount of enemies. Getting shot at from all directions by 20 or more enemies at the same time, while not particularly difficult to deal with given how powerful you are just becomes very tedious very quickly and it still seems to be the case in this new one.

I like the idea but i wanted better Infamous, not just more Infamous. I'm not seeing it here. This looks like a good amount of fun for a PS+ game but not a full price purchase.

In any case i'm not getting a PS4 this year, if ever, so that solves the problem.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By csl316

Shame they haven't showed off any giant battles where you have to get tactical with your powers. Seems like that would do a better job of getting new people on board.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@pr1mus: it almost looks like a duller inFamous. I skipped around a bit but at no point did the combat look particularly engaging. As you said, it's more inFamous, which for a new generation just doesn't cut it anymore.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I was 100% going to get this until the MGS release date was announced so probably inFamous will slip a month or two for me...

probably..

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@pr1mus: it almost looks like a duller inFamous. I skipped around a bit but at no point did the combat look particularly engaging. As you said, it's more inFamous, which for a new generation just doesn't cut it anymore.

I'd put that down to it being played by games journalists who somehow, despite playing games a lot, aren't actually very good at playing games. This should've been handled by someone on the dev team. It also probably comes down to the gameplay being from very early in the game and we've all seen that. The enjoyment of superhero games is gaining powers and new abilities but with the inFamous games, they're given to you at a snails pace. The powers we've seen too aren't exactly exciting so far either just because you had both lightning and fire powers in the last game. Yes, techinically "neon" but it looks like it plays exactly like lightning but with a new look. They've said there are other powers but I can't see them getting too crazy as you have to draw your powers from the world.

I'm a little confused by the second part of what you said though. We're a few months into the "next generation", how does this not cut it? There hasn't been some ground breaking standard set by any other game yet nor do I expect it for some time. Forza is just more Forza, DR3 is more DR, KZ is more KZ and so on, so what else is there to expect? More inFamous certainly isn't a bad thing but we don't know if it's better either. What would constitute a better inFamous? Less jank? Tighter controls? Better story telling?

I don't own a PS4 but this is the first next gen title that's actually got my attention but a single game, does not a console purchase make. I hope it turns out to be a great addition to the inFamous franchise even if it doesn't totally break new ground.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great and just like Watch Dogs, I would've bought them on day one if that was the case, now I'm just going to wait for reviews and base my decision on the reception and the current price.

Infamous was never delayed, so your comparison to Watch Dogs doesn't really fit.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ssully said:

@nightriff said:

Infamous was never delayed, so your comparison to Watch Dogs doesn't really fit.

Now I don't have any facts off hand or if they even said anything or if it was just my assumptions (probably the case) but, the sure made it sound like Infamous was going to be a launch game, then months before there seemed to be a rumor of a December-ish window for release, then it was pretty close to the launch that they said it was next year (2014) thus destroying my hopes of having either Watch Dogs or Infamous before the end of the year. Now there were no official delays but Sony had to hope it was going to be released before 2014.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Sooty

I'm not sure if I will buy this because while it looks pretty, that's the only reason I'm interested.

Will wait for reviews and see how it compares to the first game.

edit: The gamma values for that video are awful and make it look poor and washed out, guessing it's a capture problem because there's no way it'll look that bad on my plasma. The draw distance also seems suspect but maybe all that haze is just something to do with the narrative at that point in the game, it's probably just that awful video capture. I'm not really sure how the likes of IGN managed to capture footage of such terrible quality.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks really generic, both in terms of gameplay and graphically. Really disappointed.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Humanity

@mrcraggle: what I meant was that it looks like a hundred games that came before it. That's an exaggeration of course but it's a guy running around in a fairly static non destructible world shooting at various bad guys, albeit with his hands. Back when the super powers genre was non existent being able to glide or dash was really cool and new. This looks nice, visually, but the gameplay looks so rote to me. The shooting doesn't appear all that varied and different from the two previous games. I haven't played it so maybe they throw a whole bunch if really innovative gameplay at you, but as it stands I'm starting to have this weird "seeing the Matrix" experience with games where I no longer see the young kid shooting lightning but instead see a box with character models shooting each other. It all looks so static. Like pulling off a huge power and simply seeing a burnt texture on a wall instead of chipped bricks and a hole in the ground. Maybe I'm being completely unrealistic though.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By falserelic

I saw bits of it, but I'm not going to spoil myself. I'm probably going to get rid of that one sorry ass game called Thief, and put it towards either...

MGS:Ground Zero (Though it might be short as shit, just a long demo, but who knows)

Infanous:Second Son ( Looks smooth and clean, besides I enjoyed the other infamous games too)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'll be very happy when this is out and there will be a legitimately great exclusive for that PS4 I paid $400 for.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the powers look boring sometimes. Smoke is a great idea for a power but instead he just shoots orange blobs with a smoke effect on them. It should be orange blob power.

The neon dash looks really cool though.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@pr1mus said:

It also does look like more Infamous which i suppose is great for fans but i grew pretty tired of the gameplay sometime through Infamous 2. And the one thing i found to be the most annoying in both the previous game was the overwhelming amount of enemies. Getting shot at from all directions by 20 or more enemies at the same time, while not particularly difficult to deal with given how powerful you are just becomes very tedious very quickly and it still seems to be the case in this new one.

This is what I thought after watching about ten minutes of the video. The amount of enemies shooting at you at all times in the first two games, became incredibly tiring and is probably the main reason why I have always liked, but not loved those games. I will be really disappointed if you still get spammed with rockets in certain sections.

I'm definitely getting the game, it looks fun, but I'll be surprised if this game is anything more than just more infamous.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Yet another cool looking game I really wanna play coming out soon. Oh my wallet. :O

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

video games are coming out!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecfb31b61925
    deactivated-5ecfb31b61925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@dallas_raines: That's always been my issue as well.

I really enjoy the games - not necessarily LOVE them, but the barren feeling to the cities has always kind of bummed me out.

Still super excited to get my hands on this!

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Late to the party on this one, but since someone has already necro'd this thread...

This looks like more InFamous, for better and for worse. It looks Incredible visually. But some of my biggest problems with the series has always been the garbage sound design. Especially Infamous 2 just sounded so...empty. For a game that took place in a city, it always had so little background sound etc. I seem to remember the QL of the game showcasing this pretty well. The story of this franchise has always been laughable too.

I'll probably still buy this when I buy a PS4 sometime in the future. I just hope the combat is cool.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the game was announced I thought his power was fire? ... that annoying "neon" noise he makes when he glides...

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the game was announced I thought his power was fire? ... that annoying "neon" noise he makes when he glides...

Apparently it is smoke from when I hear the devs talk.

But that's not really his power either. His power is to absorb other powers.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

This game just bums me out. It looks so damn pretty but then there comes the part where you have to play it and the playing it part is where me and inFamous go separate directions.

Trying to decide If I want my 3rd game this week to be this or Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z and honestly.... leaning Ninja Gaiden right now. I want more reasons to turn on my ps4 though. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.