Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

Question about something (spoilers!)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rorie

When you first run into Augustine in Seattle, she covers you in concrete. She looks up, sees some light in the sky, says "No!" and then you fly above the skyline to land, unharmed, in the Lantern District.

Is this ever explained, at all? I beat the game on Good and never figured out what was supposed to have happened to you. It looks like they were maybe trying to establish another Conduit in the storyline, but neither of the two other conduits you come into contact with seem like they could've pulled this off.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

Could it have been an angel from Eugene?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It was almost certainly an Angel. Not sure why she didn't just kill it, though. I mean, they go down in like 1 hit.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Angel from Eugene. He does contact you not to long afterward.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

Forgot about that part. Is it before or after you meet Eugene? Was he trying to kidnap you like he was trying to kidnap the other conduits? Or rescue them... whatever he was doing with them.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

it's presumably one of Eugene's angels, since it's the only thing that flies in the game.

It was almost certainly an Angel. Not sure why she didn't just kill it, though. I mean, they go down in like 1 hit.

maybe it was just a whole bunch of angels that came in to attack her as distraction, and one took you away?

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Forget all that, why did she leave you at the very beginning?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure it's because she didn't believe you when you said you were a conduit.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

@thebunnyhunter said:

Pretty sure it's because she didn't believe you when you said you were a conduit.

Which also didn't make much sense, since a whole bunch of people saw you use your powers outside of the fish cannery and presumably she would've tortured at least one of those people if she had gone through your whole village injecting concrete into everyone.

I really like the dialogue in this game but some of the story stuff is a little hard to follow.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Nodima

@rorie said:

@handlas said:

@thebunnyhunter said:

Which also didn't make much sense, since a whole bunch of people saw you use your powers outside of the fish cannery and presumably she would've tortured at least one of those people if she had gone through your whole village injecting concrete into everyone.

I really like the dialogue in this game but some of the story stuff is a little hard to follow.

From scene to scene - or maybe from facial animation to facial animation - it's a fun story to watch, but it's also one of the more plotless games I've played lately. I ended up playing both scenarios the weekend it came out because I enjoyed the gameplay so much but the story was pretty nonsensical on both sides of the coin.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the exact same reaction when I first played it and it took me my second run through for it to click. Honestly, it's kind of amazing how much of a missed opportunity the story is. And also the powers, too. Sure looks pretty, though!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rorie
    Loading Video...

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rorie

Hmm, something must've gone wrong with the embed code somewhere down the line. Sorry for the trouble; will file a bug for it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@rorie said:

Hmm, something must've gone wrong with the embed code somewhere down the line. Sorry for the trouble; will file a bug for it.

I can see the video.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rorie
    Loading Video...

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By probablytuna

I also have a question: Why didn't Delsin ask Augustine about the torture and experiments and the inhuman conditions on conduits inside the prison when she justified locking them all up in one location to keep them safe from non-conduits?

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't see any angels flying.

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also have a question: Why didn't Delsin ask Augustine about the torture and experiments and the inhuman conditions on conduits inside the prison when she justified locking them all up in one location to keep them safe from non-conduits?

He did, in the evil ending.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EthanielRain

@rorie said:

@handlas said:

@thebunnyhunter said:

But...that's exactly what happened ^_^ She tortured those people with concrete to get information out of them about what happened. Nobody talked, what with that Native American clan loyalty and all.

And at the time she wasn't really concerned about conduits being free, seeing as how she intentionally set them free to cause havoc and escalate her power/funding. The story is far from great, but these issues aren't inconsistent.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-cipher- said:
    @probablytuna said:

Well that was a dumb decision to not include it in both paths.

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By sunie

@probablytuna said:
    @-cipher- said:
    @probablytuna said:

This, absolutely. I really wanted to hear the justification for it.

Also, does anyone know what the hand gesture means that Reggie and Delsin do to one another? It seems like they point two fingers to their forehead and then one towards the other. Reggie does it in the bus towards Delsin and Delsin does it later towards Reggie after you meet Eugene, I believe.

Felt to me like they meant something like "hey, trust me." but I'm not sure. Wonder if it's a real thing.

[EDIT] Whoops, sorry for the Necro bump. I don't know how to forum.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EthanielRain

@khessed said:

@probablytuna said:
    @-cipher- said:
    @probablytuna said:

Also, does anyone know what the hand gesture means that Reggie and Delsin do to one another? It seems like they point two fingers to their forehead and then one towards the other. Reggie does it in the bus towards Delsin and Delsin does it later towards Reggie after you meet Eugene, I believe.

Felt to me like they meant something like "hey, trust me." but I'm not sure. Wonder if it's a real thing.

Don't remember these scenes, but were they pointing to their eyes instead of forehead? That's "I'm watching you/I've got my eyes on you/I've got your back" type thing.

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ethanielrain said:

@khessed said:

Don't remember these scenes, but were they pointing to their eyes instead of forehead? That's "I'm watching you/I've got my eyes on you/I've got your back" type thing.

I thought so at first, as well. But after seeing both scenes again during my second playthrough it really didn't see like they were pointing at their eyes. Reggie points higher and Delsin kinda half-asses it. Secret code between brothers? Ancient Native American signal? Stilted animation? I dunno maybe I should just drop it. The internet didn't seem to notice these signals at all, since no-one's talking about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.