Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Franchise »

A Sucker Punch-developed, Sony-published series of open world action platformers starring Cole MacGrath, a bike messenger given electrical superpowers in an accident.

InFamous 3 ideas (Series Spoilers)

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

So with the good ending where Cole dies I thought tthat if they did a 3rd game it could be a prequel.

I thought Kessler was bad ass and I think it'd be cool to do a prequel where the main character is Kessler.  The opening could be him and his family devastated by the Beast and he goes back in time to stop it.  The rest of the game would be about Kessler taking over the First Sons and trying to get everything set up for Cole in InFamous 1&2.  It could have Assassin's Creed 2 style time jumps to different periods in Kessler's life and plan.  Over the course of the game you can see his evolution from the family man wise cracking Cole to the cold hearted Kessler.  This would allow Sucker Punch to do interesting things with Cole's powers seeing as how they changed as he aged.

They could also just dump Cole as a main character all together and have a conduit 40 years from now where they were born because of parents having heterozygous genes where the conduit gene is a recessive gene or from scientific experiments where the end result is someone with completely different powers.

What would you like to see for the future of InFamous if they were to make an InFamous 3?

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ramone

I thought the whole point of the 'good' ending with the whole lighting bolt right at the end was to give them an out so they could carry on Cole's story but I wouldn't mind a change of scenery and character. I hope that if they do a sequel they do a full blown RPG but with the same combat.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Jonny7892 said:

I hope that if they do a sequel they do a full blown RPG but with the same combat.

Sucker Punch can make a sequel and drastically change a game in no time as seen with the Sly series.
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By donchipotle

Personally I would love a continuation of the evil ending for several reasons.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @VelvetLore04 said:

Personally I would love a continuation of the evil ending for several reasons.

Imagine if they went the Zelda way where their are 2 different games with different stories and settings based off of one event like what happened with Wind Waker vs Twilight Princess.  I'm not sure how to feel about that.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By RE_Player1
    I hope they end it here. The problem introduced in the first game has been solved and Cole is dead. If they end up bringing him back it would feel like less of a sacrifice.
    l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By l4wd0g

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Jonny7892 said:

I hope that if they do a sequel they do a full blown RPG but with the same combat.

Sucker Punch can make a sequel and drastically change a game in no time as seen with the Sly series.

They tried to change Cole's character for this game and they pussed out. They may just need to get rid of Cole for the series to continue. Maybe they should change the setting so it takes place outside of North America.

Avatar image for haremscarem1247
    HaremScarem1247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HaremScarem1247

I was thinking, for InFamous 3, the game takes place at Cole's grave, 20 years in the future. A couple of grave robbers attempt to exhume his grave to see if he was buried with any valuables. When one makes a pass at Cole's Amp, a lighting bolt shoots down from the sky and hits the Amp, jump starting Cole's heart and reactivating his Conduit Gene. He's much older, with a rough beard and short hair, but ever still powerful. He realizes he was revived, and he tries to comprehend everything. Cole then hunts down his deceased friends, stopping at nothing to revive them, just as he had been. He finds his old pal, Zeke, who's shocked, but ever so happy he's back. He finds out from him all the conduits on Earth were moved to a mass morgue in South Africa. Him and Zeke go on a mission to revive every single conduit , and reunite them to save the Earth from the next greatest threat; Private armies, brutish warlords, angry tribals, and Extraterrestrial invasion. 

Not the greatest, but a thought so far. Tell me what you guys think.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I thought the good ending was pretty crap.  Killing off every interesting and sympathetic character for the sake of the human populace who almost immediately start claiming that the conduits were all monsters and deserved to die wasn't even remotely satisfying.  Evil Ending with a world comprised entirely of conduits would make for a great setting, especially with the groups who would be happy about Cole's actions and saving them at the cost of the normal humans, and the people who would think of him as a monster despite having been given powers and saved.
    Edit: Hell, that'd be a great way to set up a new playable character in the sequel.  Cole saved you, gave you powers, but at the cost of killing pretty much everyone you know and love?  Great way to set off a good revenge story, and it'd let them use a new power set if they felt like it.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Aronman789
    @HaremScarem1247 said:
    I was thinking, for InFamous 3, the game takes place at Cole's grave, 20 years in the future. A couple of grave robbers attempt to exhume his grave to see if he was buried with any valuables. When one makes a pass at Cole's Amp, a lighting bolt shoots down from the sky and hits the Amp, jump starting Cole's heart and reactivating his Conduit Gene. He's much older, with a rough beard and short hair, but ever still powerful. He realizes he was revived, and he tries to comprehend everything. Cole then hunts down his deceased friends, stopping at nothing to revive them, just as he had been. He finds his old pal, Zeke, who's shocked, but ever so happy he's back. He finds out from him all the conduits on Earth were moved to a mass morgue in South Africa. Him and Zeke go on a mission to revive every single conduit , and reunite them to save the Earth from the next greatest threat; Private armies, brutish warlords, angry tribals, and Extraterrestrial invasion.  Not the greatest, but a thought so far. Tell me what you guys think.
    Give me this, but instead Cole is half rotted away and looks like a goddamn zombie.
    sequel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sequel

I was thinking that instead of the Karma system, you choose whether to play as good or bad. This follows directly from Cole's evil ending in Infamous 2.  

Good Story (Young Kessler) 

It turns out that when the beast first formed in Empire city he reactivated Kessler's conduit gene. Anti-matter entered his system and made him into the anti-beast, equally as strong as the beast himself. He gained eternal youth and was able to grow in strength once more, he could also create the conduit gene (something the beast could not do) and activate it.  

He instantly turns Zeke into a conduit and asks him to help him save humanity. They save Wolfe and develop young Kessler's abilities.

He has to fight the bio-conduits (natural ones) including arch-nemisis Alden Tate and also Sascha.  

Eventually the two Cole's have their final showdown. 

Evil Story (The Beast/ Evil Cole) 

Cole tries to finish Johns work; to activate the bio-conduits and destroy the human race. He is encountered by Alden, who informs him of Kessler's return, they quickly form an alliance against him.  

Alden helps him to master Telekinesis along with his new beast powers.   

He has to fight conduits including Zeke and Wolfe.

Eventually the two Cole's have their final showdown.

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gingerpenny

@SethPhotopoulos: I think the prequel idea soubds really good actually

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Bribo

Nope, eff this idea. I suspect Sucker Punch did their damndest to paint themselves into a corner and ensure that there will be be no more inFamous games from hereon in.

I assume they are working on something new and equally fantastic.

Although Evil-Cole Vs a Martian invasion could be cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.