Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Franchise »

A Sucker Punch-developed, Sony-published series of open world action platformers starring Cole MacGrath, a bike messenger given electrical superpowers in an accident.

Which is a better experience in infamous good or bad?

Avatar image for christopherson329
    christopherson329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Poll Which is a better experience in infamous good or bad? (48 votes)

Good 67%
    Bad 33%
     • 
    Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

The first one? I personally enjoyed the evil abilities more but I'm a sucker for being the hero in those kinds of games.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hunter5024

I dont think the main story missions make any sense as an evil dude, it's borderline dumb. Although eventually your lightning becomes BLACK. So that's cool. I really don't know what everyone means when they say the evil powers are better, basic shots as the hero recharge health, which is super useful.

Edit: "No pun intended" Hunter5024 lied.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@hunter5024: yup. great powers on the evil side. super dumb story. although the good story is super-duper dumb. The crazy lady talking in your head was at least well acted and sometimes interesting.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The first one I'd say good all the way but the second game both good and evil are viable from a gameplay and story perspective.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I'd say good.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

The first Infamous, Bad. The second, Good. The Ice powers are pretty good.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By hermes

In infamous 1, I found the story to be more coherent if I play evil. That is because no matter how good you are, certain central characters will hate you, fear you and treat you like shit. It really broke my disbelief when I was going out of my way to be as good as a messiah, saving the lives of people left and right, and then characters addressed me like I was pissing in their mothers grave while talking. In infamous 2, I found the opposite to be true.

However, in both cases, I found evil powers to be more fun/useful. Yes, healing with basic shots is useful, but its relatively a high level skill, and there are several ways to heal in that game. On the other hand, being able to fill the ground with grenades and using your full power with little regards for the innocents is very useful (specially because the AI of those innocents is pretty crappy, so you will end up getting collateral regardless).

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I voted bad but both are great. From a gameplay perspective the evil powers are stronger and more fun. I recommend you play good on normal and and evil on hard. When you are low on health in hard you can simply drain the life out of a pedestrian or enemy without worrying about your karma.

Although eventually your lightning becomes BLACK. So that's cool.

That shit looked crazy. The black stuff would move too so it looked like there were spiders in your lightning. I wish they had kept that in the second one.

maddman60620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Infamous 2 the fire oil power are pretty cool compared to the electric ice but good is the best way to go in both 1 & 2

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024 said:

Although eventually your lightning becomes BLACK. So that's cool.

That shit looked crazy. The black stuff would move too so it looked like there were spiders in your lightning. I wish they had kept that in the second one.

I feel like "Spider Lightning" should be the name of a techno song.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I've always preferred playing as Evil Cole in both games, but narratively speaking being a sadistic turd rarely felt justified. I always tried to assume that, when going Evil, Cole simply always had a bit of an inner-twat and gaining those powers was the boost he needed to start spreading his malicious intents. But because he has such little backstory, it's difficult to carry it on.

inFAMOUS 2 handled it a little better least, since there's a lot of scenes that would play out the exact same regardless of your alignment, and they portrayed Cole as the sorta guy whom I could easily envision in going either way.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

The evil side missions in the first game are the best side missions in the game. Being evil in the second one sucks though because you have to side with Nix most of the time and she isn't likeable at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.