Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

inFamous sells 1.2 million copies, and has been lowered to $40

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

#1  Edited By tearhead

Just read this bit of news stating inFamous has, to date, sold 1.2 million copies. Also, as a result of this milestone, the game has been dropped to a $39.99 price point, and those Gigawatt Blades that were once only available as a pre-order bonus are now going to be a free download via the PSN on December 10th. 

As someone who loved this game (so much so, I got the platinum trophy), I think it's awesome that Sony dropped the price after only seven months. You now have less of a reason to not pick this game up!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I actually would have expected it to sell better, but still that's awesome. I can't wait to see what these Gigawatt Blades are like.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By cstrang

This is only one of the titles that came out this year that made me wish I had a PS3.  Maybe with all these price drops I'll have to take advantage.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By RobotHamster

Yea, its really a great game, i got the platinum like a week after it came out.   I wish i hadn't sold it though so i could get that dlc, traded it in to get uncharted 2 so it wasn't so bad.

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Adamantium

Huzzah. A well deserving addition to the Greatest Hits collection. Can't wait to download the Gigawatt Blades.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nanikore
    @xyzygy: They suck. Once you enable them you can only use them one time and then you have the push right on the D-pad or whatever again.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MetalGearSunny

inFamous was great, but I think I already got my fix for it. It's still a great deal if you haven't played it already.

DewRequired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By DewRequired

If I had a PS3 I might think about picking it up for $40, heard a lot of good things about it.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive

InFamous is a phenomenal game and every PS3 owner should have it in their game collection.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.