Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

InFAMOUS the early hours...

BinaryDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Edited By BinaryDragon
    This game is a little good....
    So I've been playing InFAMOUS for the last few hours since it arrived at 10.30am. It's almost 5pm now. Already I'm hooked. Traveling the world is clunky in a really satisfying way, until you get your hands on some new powers to streamline the experience then it becomes as smooth as your fingers can make it. Hunting out audio diaries to discover who started all this, collecting shards to get a longer power meter and shooting dudes in midair as they sail off a building for extra EXP DOES NOT GET OLD. 
    Clunky in a good way. I promise.

The voice acting is passible, certainly better in the cutscenes than over action. The story is already intreging me (as I suspected it would being a whore for origin stories).

Ultimately it comes down to the quick and open choice of progression, it doesn't look like the longest game in the world. But however much I want to find out more, I don't feel I need to.

Anyone who was on the fence even after the whole 'brad non stop talking about how amazing this game is' thing. Should take this as a sign to get it now.

...Or like tomorrow when it actually comes out.

BinaryDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By BinaryDragon
    So I've been playing InFAMOUS for the last few hours since it arrived at 10.30am. It's almost 5pm now. Already I'm hooked. Traveling the world is clunky in a really satisfying way, until you get your hands on some new powers to streamline the experience then it becomes as smooth as your fingers can make it. Hunting out audio diaries to discover who started all this, collecting shards to get a longer power meter and shooting dudes in midair as they sail off a building for extra EXP DOES NOT GET OLD. 

The voice acting is passible, certainly better in the cutscenes than over action. The story is already intreging me (as I suspected it would being a whore for origin stories).

Ultimately it comes down to the quick and open choice of progression, it doesn't look like the longest game in the world. But however much I want to find out more, I don't feel I need to.

Anyone who was on the fence even after the whole 'brad non stop talking about how amazing this game is' thing. Should take this as a sign to get it now.

...Or like tomorrow when it actually comes out.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By suneku

I'm only on the 2nd island so far and it definitely doesn't feel like a short game, it probably is if you zip through the main story missions though. Traveling around wasn't fun till you get the gliding power, after that, it's much more fun running around on the rooftops.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Osaladin
    suneku said:
    I'm only on the 2nd island so far and it definitely doesn't feel like a short game, it probably is ... [more]

Yeah same here, I'm making sure to do all the side missions before I go through with the main ones. Nothing is getting old for me, I fucking love this game.

Best power so far: Karmic Overload

I'm playing good side 1st play through btw.
    Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Ross

You might not want to do all of the side missions before the story ones.  After you beat the story you get to go around the city and continue on.  If you beat all of the side missions first then there won't be any enemies to fight because you'll have cleared them all out already.  If you don't care about trophies though go for it.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By get2sammyb

I managed to finish everything on my Good playthrough now. Just hunting out the Blue Shards. So I've moved onto a new game in Hard as Evil.

Absolutely love the game.

bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By bartholomew999

I'm taking my time as well, doing the side missions,  and I only just unlocked the second island with the garbage bag reapers.  As for travelling around the city, once you can grind on the railroad tracks and power cables between buildings, it gets a lot better.  Get the health upgrades asap like Brad suggested.  This game is a bit of a grind early on but it's really becoming more and more worth the grind.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By mordukai

Does anyone knows if any official sale figures came out? I remember reading that Sony has "high Expectations" for this game. 

btw, This game is freaking awesome. I really hope Sucker Punch will have DLC for this game. Extra Missions, new Areas, new powers and of course expanding on the story. The potential is there and I hope the utilize it.
    Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Maru

I'm only about 3 hours in, and so far it is impressive.  I will probably go for Evil route and kill every living person.

baggykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By baggykins

now it annoys me a bit that i don't have a ps3... well, can always hope they'll make a 360 version...

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
    @Mordukai:
    sources says it already sold over 1 million copies worldwide. impressive : )
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Milkman
    f33r_mai_ch33tz said:
    now it annoys me a bit that i don't have a ps3... well, can always hope they'll make a 360 ... [more]
    Considering it's a Sony published game, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...no.
    baggykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By baggykins
    Milkman said:
    f33r_mai_ch33tz said: now it annoys me a bit that i don't have a ps3... well, can always hope they'll make ... [more]
    no kidding ... 
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Milkman
    Baggykins said:
    Milkman said: f33r_mai_ch33tz said: now it annoys me a bit that i don't have a ps3... well, can always hope ... [more]
    Then why would you say that you're waiting for the Xbox version?....

You know what, nevermind.
    baggykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By baggykins
    Milkman said:
    Baggykins said: Milkman said: f33r_mai_ch33tz said: now it annoys me a bit that i don't have a ps3... well, can ... [more]
    was just kindda wishing.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By mordukai
    Baggykins said:
    Milkman said: Baggykins said: Milkman said: f33r_mai_ch33tz said: now it annoys me a bit that i don't have a ps3... ... [more]
    LMAO
    Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mattzz10

I think they finally figured out how to market a game, as I actually saw ads for the game that got me interested in buying it.  It is a great game and it seems like it is going to get even better as it goes along.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By BigBoss1911

I really dont know what i want...this or red faction.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.