Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

So I played this game for quite a bit at a friend's house

LADIESMAN217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LADIESMAN217

And i'm pleasently suprised. Running around was a blast, the powers, while simplistic, were fun to execute, and the best part is how fluidly it all goes together.

Sadly, I only tried one mission that involved blowing up some trucks, and I swear those trucks are indestructible.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @LADIESMAN217: yeah man, its such a fun game to play, theres nothing truly remarkable about it, its just it all works so well and looks cool. 
    yeah those trucks are a bitch, you just need to throw lots of grenades. at the end of the game you can just summon a massive lightning bolt and do away with that thing immediately LOL

edit: i guess the fact that the games mechanics are executed so well is what is so remarkable about this game. so yeah, it definitely is a remarkable title. 
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz

Yeah, it doesn't do anything truly revolutionary, but everything is polished to a mirror shine. What I expected coming out of sucker-punch, even if the first impression from the videos wasn't great.

LADIESMAN217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LADIESMAN217

I wish I had a PS3 to play  it.

I'm totally going to get Prototype, the game's alleged competition, and it should be a blast, but I give Sony props. Their exclusives are polished to a mirror sheen.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @LADIESMAN217:
    yeah, they just keeping getting better and better (and of course we all don't talk about Haze anymore haha)
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jkz
    LADIESMAN217 said:
    I wish I had a PS3 to play  it.I'm totally going to get Prototype, the game's alleged competition, and it ... [more]
    I dunno, they looked similar at first, but by know they're totally different games.

I'll be getting prototype too (I'm a rich boy with a ps3, 360, and gaming computer), but I doubt it'll be as good. Probably be dumb fun though
    LADIESMAN217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LADIESMAN217
    jukezypoo said:
    LADIESMAN217 said: I wish I had a PS3 to play  it.I'm totally going to get Prototype, the game's alleged competition, ... [more]

Of course. The Hulk game they made before was a blast, though the city design sucked. Hard.

Luckily, this game allegedly has the most realistic adaptation of the NYC since GTA 4.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jkz
    LADIESMAN217 said:
    jukezypoo said: LADIESMAN217 said: I wish I had a PS3 to play  it.I'm totally going to get Prototype, the game's ... [more]
    Yeah I was thinking about UD too, and Prototype looks pretty similar to it.

Oh well, either way, it'll be a fun game, maybe not a great game, but a fun one
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
    jukezypoo said:
    LADIESMAN217 said: jukezypoo said: LADIESMAN217 said: I wish I had a PS3 to play  it.I'm totally going to get Prototype, ... [more]
    prototype wouldn't be nearly as hyped if it weren't for inFAMOUS being a PS3 exclusive. 
    Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Thunder

i wish i had a ps3 unfortunately i cant afford one so i have to settle with prototype which looks badass too but infamous just looks like its fun from what ive seen

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.