Ex-Moderator reveals dirt on WarZ

• 52 results
#1 Posted by Diablah (42 posts) -

Saw this on Reddit and well believe what you will just wanted to see what everyone thought about it and how will this effect your pre-purchase in the future?

Heres the Link to Reddit, the source site is down atm. http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/13x86n/exmoderator_reveals_shocking_warz_info/

Copy and pasted

EX-Forum Mod Devin here. Let me tell ya some stuff you can spout on for a new youtube video

My forum account was hacked, my fault, they deleted a lot of posts. I was de-modded and banned, got my computer secure, re-modded and unbanned and took care of business as usual. Except their company is full of dumb fucks and didn't backup the forums at all. No backups whatsoever.

Sergay then took it upon himself to tell Kewk to demote me for my fuckup that could have been reversed if they were not so fucking stupid.

I then made a post on the forums about how I knew this was coming; and I was sorry and would not long be supporting a company that did not support their unpaid volunteer Moderators that spent over 100+ hours answering THEIR CUSTOMERS questions and concerns as well as relaying them the ideas the community had for their bullshit game.

I was then banned for making a "Rage quit" thread permanent and here is the even funnier part my in-game account banned under the excuse I requested a refund

So, since I didn't sign any sort of NDA for those fuckfaces here are some interesting facts.

WarZ is a direct port over from War Inc. They literally took the game and added NPCs, made a large map, and changed around camera angles and gun settings while adding more functionality and switching over some things. ALL ART however was actually done in-house by their amazing ART team. (Those were the best guys to know, they were in touch more with the community than Kewk)

They randomly ban accounts that have a certain amount of time spent playing in-game, knowing they are hooked on the game so they re-buy the game.

Their anti-hack is actually functional but here's the kicker..wanna know WHY their bans are TEMPORARY the first time around? 0.8% hacking? Try an EXTREMELY LARGE PORTION of the player base is hacking. If they banned everyone they'd have a mass refund issue on their hands, and no one to play their piss poor of an excuse game.

they plan to HALT DEVELOPMENT AND ABANDON THE GAME in SIX months if revenue is not enough for them (I.E. People are not buying GC and spending the fuck out of it) -- take note, if they do not get ENOUGH revenue. They will have enough revenue to pay for the game development for over a year at this point in time already, but if they don't get enough to give themselves regular raises they will stop making the game and shut down the servers and website.

#2 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -

@Diablah said:

Saw this on Reddit and well believe what you will just wanted to see what everyone thought about it and how will this effect your pre-purchase in the future?

Heres the Link to Reddit, the source site is down atm. http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/13x86n/exmoderator_reveals_shocking_warz_info/

They randomly ban accounts that have a certain amount of time spent playing in-game, knowing they are hooked on the game so they re-buy the game.

This is a cause for some nasty lawsuits if true.

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@mordukai

@Diablah said:

Yep. If this stuff is true, that's completely fucked.
#4 Posted by Sackmanjones (4711 posts) -

Fuck.... I'm always a skeptic of posts like this but from the things I've seen of the game, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. And if it is in fact true then screw those guys. They are already riding the wave of Dayz by making a VERY similar game and this just adds insult to injury.

#5 Edited by BlastProcessing (917 posts) -

I always doubt the legitimacy of posts from "former employees" like this, but if true, that is just revolting. Never had any reason to dive into WarZ, not I definitely don't want to.

#6 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4540 posts) -

Normally, I'd blow this off or, at the very least, be super skeptical...but EA Louse.

Also, judging from what I've seen and heard of this game, this wouldn't surrprise me regardless.

#7 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

Glad I didn't buy it.

#8 Posted by Cronus42 (276 posts) -

Not surprising, they just launched a new patch with clan support, so everyone tries to go make clans. turns out it costs GC, which is their real-money bought currency, to make a clan, and the costs go up the more people you want to add to it. Not even looking at if/ how badly they are profiting on the day z name, this kind of stuff is still fucked.

#9 Posted by Xeirus (1306 posts) -

damn son, DRAMA

#10 Posted by Diablah (42 posts) -

I think that there is always some truth to a man with nothing to lose, that being said doesn't mean I believe all of what the ex-mod is 100% true, in fact I hope it isn't. Things like this though makes me think twice about giving support to a game before its out. It would be nice if game devs in general when making MMO like games that require an incoming cash flow to say "Hey before you invest in our game this is how its going to be, when you get the game it will come with at least X amount of months/years of support out of the box guaranteed. With an upfront approach like that the end users doesn't feel cheated. Expectations are on the table and everyone wins. One game comes to mind that this kind of happened to was APB. I don't quite remember all the details but it wasn't good.

#11 Posted by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -

Here and there I'd pick up on some of this stuff. I totally think it checks out.

Oh and Sergey Titov, the executive producer of The WarZ, was lead programmer and a producer for Big Rigs.

Aww yeah.

#12 Posted by laserbolts (5323 posts) -

I will never understand why someone would want to be a moderator. If you got paid maybe it would make sense.

#13 Posted by Diablah (42 posts) -

@RoyCampbell: @RoyCampbell said:

Here and there I'd pick up on some of this stuff. I totally think it checks out.

Oh and Sergey Titov, the executive producer of The WarZ, was lead programmer and a producer for Big Rigs. Aww yeah.

/facepalm

#14 Posted by IAmNotBatman (652 posts) -

@RoyCampbell said:

Oh and Sergey Titov, the executive producer of The WarZ, was lead programmer and a producer for Big Rigs. Aww yeah.

Jesus Christ.

#15 Posted by Demoskinos (14878 posts) -

Aren't theses the Fucktards that basically copy and pasted the LoL TOS? If that wasn't a red flag that these guys are extremely shady I dont know what is.

#16 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

Drama.

#17 Posted by VoshiNova (1694 posts) -

Dude, that's actually really dirty. I feel like I shouldn't have anything to do with this.

#18 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

@RoyCampbell said:

That's cause for alarm right there.

#19 Posted by TheHT (11376 posts) -

@RoyCampbell said:

...dear god.

#20 Edited by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Some of that shit (assuming it's true), makes EA look fucking saintly.

#21 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

Not surprising. My buddy has been playing it. Looks like crap.

#22 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -

@Fattony12000: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. Why did I not expect that.

#23 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4540 posts) -

@RoyCampbell said:

Holy. fuck.

#24 Posted by zeekthegeek (391 posts) -

I have been warning guys about this game for months. Nothing about it ads up and Titov is well known as a piece of shit. Nobody listens to me.

#25 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2011 posts) -

@RoyCampbell said:

Well, that's just great.

@Fattony12000: AAH FUCK.

#26 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

@RoyCampbell said:

Oh and Sergey Titov, the executive producer of The WarZ, was lead programmer and a producer for Big Rigs.

That explains a lot. :O

@Demoskinos said:

Aren't theses the Fucktards that basically copy and pasted the LoL TOS? If that wasn't a red flag that these guys are extremely shady I dont know what is.

And yes, WarZ is the one that was noted for doing just that. :P

So... Yeah- and odds are decent they're gonna just keep getting away with all this, yes?

#27 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5020 posts) -

@Fattony12000: I wear headphones, so that shit was extra intense.

@RoyCampbell said:

Aww yeah indeed.

#28 Posted by VirtualCrunch (2 posts) -

@Xeirus: My thoughts...EXACTLY.

#29 Edited by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

This some shit.

@Fattony12000: Jesus Christ you made me jump a fucking mile.

#30 Posted by Diablah (42 posts) -

Is this blackmail? What services? All because people want to cancle the pre-order?

We would like to inform you that if the refund is made for you right now, you will be put in the global black list of non-trusted users and some services may refuse you in providing a payment in future.
#31 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2814 posts) -
@mordukai said:

@Diablah said:

JMO:  Well, not banning people because of revenue is everywhere.   

Why do you think Microsoft doesn't do very much about what people say on XBOX live?  Can you imagine Microsoft banning people who pay then $60 a year and will do so for years.  They won't!!! They don't and never will, except in rare cases.  Your average online users (XBL, PSN, Wii-verse) spouts some bit of nasty/filthy crap at some point... everyone everywhere swears...but such people even if they say something terrible at the wrong time in the wrong place will NEVER get banned.  You cannot stay in business banning everyone, even when they deserve it, when that is how you make money. 

This is a tempest in a tea-pot.  WarZ is probably junk...no question.  And, the people who run it are probably slimy as this person says.  But, are they more slimy then EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Square-Enix-Eidos?   Nope. the big companies just have more layers, more NDAs, and better lawyers.  
#32 Posted by Mr_Misery (258 posts) -

So the guy only cares about the companies bad business practices because he got fired? What a douche.

#33 Posted by beeftothetaco (425 posts) -

Here's hoping that they get what's coming to them. And all this time I thought the only game that they were ripping off was DayZ.

#34 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I read all that thinking it was about Day Z lol, WTF is the War Z?

#35 Edited by SlashDance (1818 posts) -

A first person, open world zombie survival game that has a Z in its name and is not a sequel to DayZ ? Please.

I could smell the scam from Venus.

#36 Posted by slyspider (1240 posts) -

getting a refund, fuckthem

#37 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

@Diablah said:

Is this blackmail? What services? All because people want to cancle the pre-order?

We would like to inform you that if the refund is made for you right now, you will be put in the global black list of non-trusted users and some services may refuse you in providing a payment in future.

Why would you care? Don't you want to just get your money back and be done with the game? And what payments are they talking about?

#38 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: Pretty much a standalone game aiming to profit from what Day Z popularized.

Based on what Sergey Titov said about calling campers in his own game "faggots" (rather than taking it upon himself to improve his game mechanics) I already knew I wanted nothing to do with War Z.

#39 Posted by SaucyMcSausage (3 posts) -
#40 Posted by Spoonman671 (4648 posts) -

The people behind The War Z are shady?  Nothing shocking here.

#41 Posted by kindgineer (2734 posts) -

I sure am glad I didn't pick this up when it popped up on Steam. Sounds like some shady non-sense.

#42 Posted by envane (1163 posts) -

not as bad as mine z , blatant dayz ripoff built in minecraft and they have some bullshit pay to win system as well .. which feels even more unscrupulous seeing as its built on a $15 game with otherwise free multiplayer.

even that pales in comparison to "hunger games" a minecraft based survial pvp mode which introduces league of legends style heroes as selectable kits.. cool idea but they charge money for the individual kits and they keep adding more and more and dont actually give a fuck about balance .. except if ppl stop playing , then they just nerf the most op kit and its back to normal heh ..

i guess the world of budget multiplayer titles is a cut-throat industry and ppl are willing to step on eachothers toes to get some $$

#43 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

@SaucyMcSausage said:

Actually it was proven to be false. The "ex-moderator" posted a video on youtube about how he made it up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svd-p3-CURk&feature=youtu.be

Ah, what a trainwreck.

What are we to believe now?! Nevertheless, I'm probably not going to get The War Z in either case. Day Z is good enough for me!

#44 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Ouch.

#45 Posted by Iron_Tool (221 posts) -
#46 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

What a terrible name for a game.

#47 Posted by themangalist (1737 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus said:

@SaucyMcSausage said:

Actually it was proven to be false. The "ex-moderator" posted a video on youtube about how he made it up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svd-p3-CURk&feature=youtu.be

Ah, what a trainwreck.

What are we to believe now?! Nevertheless, I'm probably not going to get The War Z in either case. Day Z is good enough for me!

Ya, what the fuck, ruining rep like that. Even if the company deserves it, this kid is in for some libel.

But all the scandal around it really doesn't matter for me, as a gamer. What matters is if this game is good, and apparently, the game's the real trainwreck.

#48 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

One of these pieces of communication from the "ex moderator" seems real, and the other does not. Guess which one I believe.

#49 Posted by Nights (614 posts) -
#50 Posted by m2cks (591 posts) -

Well damn, this game is just a hot mess, as it seems. Very glad I didn't buy it! Don't wanna support scumbag devs like these.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.