For the early adopters that want a refund..

#1 Edited by kadash299 (278 posts) -

CALL the Xsolla support phone number and tell them you want your money back.

I attempted their online bullshit 6 times with the only response ever being: sorry for the inconvienience.

A single 5 minute phone call, and here I am with $25 hitting my account in "1-3 days"

I call that a win.

http://xsolla.com/help

#2 Posted by Beyond_the_infinite (102 posts) -
#3 Edited by BasketSnake (1184 posts) -

For funzies I submitted a steam ticket. Here's what I wrote:

I will make this easy on you. I honestly feel like the developers of this game has tricked me big time. The game is clearly unfinished and lacking several features stated on the game's info page. I want my money back.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

As requested, the title has been removed from your account and a credit has been applied to your Steam Wallet. The credit can be used for future Steam purchases.

Please note in the future that Steam purchases, per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, are not refundable - this store credit was issued as a one-time customer service gesture.

#4 Posted by Live2bRighteous (316 posts) -

I just tried this myself. The representative mentioned my play time then told me it wasn't possible because of WarZ's TOS. :L Is it illegal to say you declined it when you actually didn't? What kind of trouble could you get into? I could do so much better with those $25... especially with the Steam sale coming up. I would feel like an ass if I actually lied, but I'm quite desperate right now. I've tried through chat, email, and calling now too xsolla.

#5 Posted by ShaggE (6401 posts) -

@Live2bRighteous said:

Is it illegal to say you declined it when you actually didn't?

Seeing as how you can't install the game without accepting the TOS, it wouldn't be a very effective lie.

#6 Posted by Live2bRighteous (316 posts) -

@ShaggE Well, I did install the game when they copied and pasted LoL's TOS. At the time, their refund rule wasn't added on the TOS. I've also heard you could decline the new updated TOS's and still play the game afterwards.

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Why would you call some third party support? Contact Steam, they're the ones issuing refunds. You bought War Z through their platform.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Contact steam. They are doing refunds.

#9 Edited by kadash299 (278 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Ravenlight said:

Why would you call some third party support? Contact Steam, they're the ones issuing refunds. You bought War Z through their platform.

you all clearly didn't read: "For early adopters"- Early Adopters got the game through the war Z's website, not through steam, but thanks for staying tuned in.

#10 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7069 posts) -
@kadash299

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Ravenlight said:

you all clearly didn't read: "For early adopters"- Early Adopters got the game through the war Z's website, not through steam, but thanks for staying tuned in.

Awww shit let the needless hostility commence! Time to take bets.
#11 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@kadash299

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Ravenlight said:

Awww shit let the needless hostility commence! Time to take bets.

Needless, kind of. Unwarranted, definitely not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.