Now the NDA is gone I started a let's play!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -

Hey guys I just posted the first episode of my new War Z let's play and figured it might be of interest to people here as it will help show what the game currently plays like. I'd also love any feedback, positive or negative. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GruwdCwmY&feature;=youtube_gdata_player

#2 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

MY FLASHLIGHT PATROL WILL RID THE GAME OF BANDIT SCUM

#3 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -
@connerthekewlkid great reply thanks
#4 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

British!

Nice video. I agree that it needs voice chat.

#5 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Damn this game looks shit

#6 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -
@Funkydupe thanks!
#7 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -
@murisan why do you say that? There are a few issues but it is an alpha remember.
#8 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Tamaster92 said:

@murisan why do you say that? There are a few issues but it is an alpha remember.

It just looks like a really bad Day Z clone. You could argue that Day Z is in alpha as well. That whole part where the zombie just appeared on top of you? Where was the audio cue? Where was ANY cue? At least in Day Z, you know you're in trouble before you're in trouble. Maybe it's because I've played Day z and only SEEN War Z, but Day Z seems far more interesting.

#9 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

there are audio cues from what ive heard in the game@murisan:

#10 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

there are audio cues from what ive heard in the game@murisan:

Hrm. Well, I love DayZ, and I'd like to try this, but I'm definitely not shelling out $25 for an alpha key. Is there a way to sign up to test it? I can't find any except for buying a key.

#11 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

@murisan: people who bought it got 3, 2 day guest keys and theres alot of people giving them out on forums and stuff if you look

#12 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

First impression after 10 seconds, you have a pleasant voice for commentary. Which already puts you above 95% of the "let's play"-ers

#13 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

@murisan: people who bought it got 3, 2 day guest keys and theres alot of people giving them out on forums and stuff if you look

Hm, thanks. I'll look around.

#14 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

Is this a Zynga joint?

#15 Edited by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

They made the game in like, 5 months IIRC. And that TOS business was pretty bizarre...

I'm quite confident I'll not lose any sleep over this one.

Edit - oops, I did enjoy your video though, OP!

#16 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -
@StrikeALight said:

They made the game in like, 5 months IIRC. And that TOS business was pretty bizarre...

I'm quite confident I'll not lose any sleep over this one.

Edit - oops, I did enjoy your video though, OP!

@jozzy said:

First impression after 10 seconds, you have a pleasant voice for commentary. Which already puts you above 95% of the "let's play"-ers

Thanks both of you! My second episode is up now and for my third (recording today) I finally found a way to fix my audio!
#17 Posted by Gamer_152 (14070 posts) -

@Tamaster92: Please, do not start threads simply for the purposes of plugging your off-site content. Threads like this one are in clear violation of the rules. If you want to plug your YouTube channel, use our dedicated thread to do so. Thank you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.