Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infestation: Survivor Stories

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 17, 2012

Formerly called The War Z, this infamous clone of the popular ARMA II mod "DayZ" is best known for the many controversies surrounding its launch, subsequent removal from Steam, and the unapologetic stance of its developers.

This game is screwed

• 79 results
    SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SlashDance

The video seems to be up, for those interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@SomeDeliCook said:

@BisonHero said:

Starting your post with "@Totalbiscuit" doesn't actually do anything.

Also, wait, what? Is everybody going to collectively realize the game is in poor shape, or will "one e-celebrity" be the deciding factor? Your phrasing is confusing.

And you seem to flip flop between "this game deserves the terrible reputation it's going to have shortly" and "it's actually a pretty good game but Totalbiscuit is going to get everyone to hate it".

Look how many people on this site are swayed by the Bombcast's views on certain games

A very, very small proportion of consumers, though.

While the community continues to parrot whatever the crew spouts, they have very little meaning in the actual, commercial world.

OT: What the hell is op talking about?

Sneeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Sneeze
    happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By happenstance

I always find it hard to believe anything TotalBiscuit says. His whole "Cynical Brit" schtick just annoys me so he is either putting it on which means how can I really trust his opinion or that really is him and then I dont want to listen to him anyway.

Its annoying actually because I really like Jesse Cox and Dodger so would like to watch the Game Station podcast but having TB on there winds me up too much.

As for WarZ I havent really seen too much of it, at the moment im happy enough to wait for the standalone DayZ instead.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SlashDance

Sooooo, I'm watching Totalbiscuit's video, and I would advise everyone to at least watch the part at the 12:00 mark.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By Phatmac

@SlashDance said:

Sooooo, I'm watching Totalbiscuit's video, and I would advise everyone to at least watch the part at the 12:00 mark.

That part was so good. Man this game looks awful.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By BisonHero
    @Imsorrymsjackson

@ck1nd said:

OP, you make an absolutely horrible case for whatever the hell you are trying to get across here.

This.

Well yes, but I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But yes, he hasn't exactly been collecting his thoughts in a very coherent manner. Perhaps English isn't his first language.
    BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By BasketSnake

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

The game is shitty, wish I could un-buy it.

Amen. But I kinda knew what I was buying.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#59  Edited By granderojo

I've never listened to totalbiscuit before this, the game looks terrible but it isn't as if DayZ set some sort of baseline for quality.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SlashDance

@thabigred: difference is one of them is a free mod.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TorMasturba

Meh! I feel like them making an MMO game in this day and age is stupid either way so I honestly don't really care.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62  Edited By granderojo

@SlashDance said:

People buy Arma to play DayZ. I did, most people who bought during the sales did as well. The mod is about as poorly optimized as this game, end of story.

zels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By zels

@thabigred said:

@SlashDance said:

People buy Arma to play DayZ. I did, most people who bought during the sales did as well. The mod is about as poorly optimized as this game, end of story.

It's still a free mod... you didn't pay anything for the mod.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SlashDance

@thabigred: I'm not defending Day Z, it's just less of a rip-off. If people want to pay for a game they will never play just to try a mod, that's a different story. That money doesn't go in the pockets of the mod makers.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By envane

@SlashDance: last time i checked the mod maker was an employee of bohemia interactive

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By DocHaus

@GetEveryone:

itt: OP wants people to pay attention to the fact he bought a game, yet is apparently insecure enough that he must go around replying to random people on the internet who don't like it...I think?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By pyrodactyl

@BasketSnake said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

that guy on youtube said valve will accept a first refund request so you could try emailing them. Worst case scenario the develloper gets called out on a shity and obvious attempt to rip of consumers with a terrible buggy game.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@DocHaus: I was only saying that theres gonna be a firestorm about the game because of this and i was right

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@BisonHero said:

@Imsorrymsjackson

@ck1nd said:

OP, you make an absolutely horrible case for whatever the hell you are trying to get across here.

This.

Well yes, but I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But yes, he hasn't exactly been collecting his thoughts in a very coherent manner. Perhaps English isn't his first language.

What do you want me to tell you exactly?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MrKlorox

This game is fucked because it's total shit and a scam. It has absolutely nothing to do with internet nobody TotalBiscuit. Nice damage control, guy.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@MrKlorox said:

This game is fucked because it's total shit and a scam. It has absolutely nothing to do with internet nobody TotalBiscuit. Nice damage control, guy.

If you'll notice i said there digging there own graves by doing this and straight up lying so please read past the first page before you accuse me of damage control

and don't read everything you see on the internet as fact it could lead to more situations like this

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MrKlorox

I read the entire thread, and every other War Z thread. You're clearly on damage control duty. Don't act like that's not the case.

MalkavianJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MalkavianJD

Jesus Christ I have never seen so much buyers remorse in one thread.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By BisonHero

@connerthekewlkid said:

@BisonHero said:

@Imsorrymsjackson

@ck1nd said:

This.

Nothing, really? It's my guess at why your original post and some of your replies were hard to understand for a lot of people. I could be wrong? If so, my bad.

Anyway, at this point you may be doing more harm to your cause than good. It's one thing to make a few posts saying people are misinformed about the game, but you've made so many posts about the game in the last 24 hours that it starts to look like you're a zealot for the game and have lost any sense of objectivity. I think you've made your point.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BasketSnake

@pyrodactyl said:

@BasketSnake said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

that guy on youtube said valve will accept a first refund request so you could try emailing them. Worst case scenario the develloper gets called out on a shity and obvious attempt to rip of consumers with a terrible buggy game.

I submitted a ticket stating I felt seriously tricked by the developer. Curious what will happen.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@BisonHero said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@BisonHero said:

@Imsorrymsjackson

@ck1nd said:

This.

Nothing, really? It's my guess at why your original post and some of your replies were hard to understand for a lot of people. I could be wrong? If so, my bad.

Anyway, at this point you may be doing more harm to your cause than good. It's one thing to make a few posts saying people are misinformed about the game, but you've made so many posts about the game in the last 24 hours that it starts to look like you're a zealot for the game and have lost any sense of objectivity. I think you've made your point.

Im not in anyway defending anything they have done with steam etc. im only defending the things that are misinformation or that are not true, because unlike most people here ive played the game so i know more about it

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By cronus42

@connerthekewlkid: What are people saying that isn't true about the game though. The only thing I can find you claim isn't true is it being called a scam. You claimed it was "proven months ago" that this wasn't a ripoff. The only people who have claimed that are the developers of the game. There is no proof to say this isn't a scam. In fact there is some evidence to say the exact opposite. No hard proof, but some possible evidence.

You also claim that this "all isn't a big deal." Regardless of how you like the game (which you are perfectly allowed to do) blatantly lying about the game's details on release are a VERY big deal. They are selling a clearly unfinished broken game and claiming it to be done. The people on the internet with a voice tearing the game a new one are not the problem, if there wasn't an issue to be upset with, they wouldn't be making these videos or writing these articles. It's not like the whole internet just started hating on a perfectly good game for no reason. They hate a badly made game whose developers repeatedly lie to their customers.

I'm going to agree with some other people who have called you out in this and the other thread, for some reason you are going out attempting to do some kind of damage control. You aren't providing counter points for defense of the game, just downplaying how bad the company is. Maybe it because you are a fan who REALLY loves Hammerpoint, or because you actually work there in some capacity, which was speculated in the other thread (man that would make this all interesting). Either way, you can have your opinion on the game but what you are putting forward here is not a good defense of this game, it's just blind belief that it is a good product that hasn't done everything wrong.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#78  Edited By Mighty

Game is pretty stinkin' bad. Maybe they'll make improvements, but I highly doubt it. I don't get much money and thought that a true survival game would be fun... I was wrong.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#79  Edited By TheHT

looks like the game really is screwed.

ultimately, it's not TotalBiscuits doing though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.