Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infestation: Survivor Stories

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 17, 2012

Formerly called The War Z, this infamous clone of the popular ARMA II mod "DayZ" is best known for the many controversies surrounding its launch, subsequent removal from Steam, and the unapologetic stance of its developers.

Unjustified Banning and the appeal system.

Diablah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Diablah

I saw this on Reddit and it might help deterred people from buying this game if they are still on the fence if theres even a fence left. The management of this game so far has been very very poor so far for most people and their as always been talks of the random banning/ banning without a real reason because the management of the game thinks they can get more game sales that way or so its been rumored.. They do have an appeal system if you do get banned unjustly to sort things out and maybe do right by their customers but I guess that's maybe another for lack of a better word "scam".

No Caption Provided

I wouldn't suggest trying it like the poster says in the image and flood their system with fake reports. Take it for what it is (random forum post) but it looks like that its yet another nail in the coffin for The War Z debacle.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

I'm just getting bored of reading about this now, can't we just acknowledge that its doomed and leave it be.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By mike

Has there been any actual evidence that they are banning accounts in order to sell more copies of the game to their "hardcore" userbase? Or is is this just another unfounded internet forum rumor?

Diablah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Diablah

@Imsorrymsjackson: I think its fun to read about stuff like this, Its like going to NASCAR and seeing the wrecks. Don't tell you're one the guys who don't want to see the wrecks!!

Diablah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Diablah

@MB: I haven't seen any hard evidence proving that's why people are getting banned and you will probably will never see any, unless they get hack or emails or something gets leaked out but odds are you won't see any. A lot of people are just saying that's what it could be because of other things being said as to this game just being "quick money" for the companies in charge of it all. I hope it isn't true because I hate to see people get ripped off.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Their twitter states all bans are permanent. So why have a system to get unbanned?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

At this point, the coffin is composed entirely of nails.

dcsenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By dcsenn

Well, this definitely gives me a good nudge in which direction I should be going.

In this case, away from War Z. I'll be over in my corner, playing Day Z, handing out my beans to all the bandits.

Avatar image for kevinglasgow1971
    KevinGlasgow1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By KevinGlasgow1971

@Diablah: This game is a horrible joke. Tell everyone! Don't spend another dime! Trying to get your money back they simply say, you bought it, too bad. No proof needed if banned. The "appeal" process is apparently automated and the devs are injecting hacks into the customers accounts to top it off! My malware has caught them over and over trying to upload malicious files into my computer. They finally got in last month and took out my entire c drive. These guys are true fuckers. I'm first in line for a class action law suit. These are the dumbest fuckers on the planet. You don't keep players money and hope they return or even just go away quietly! International criminals is what they are. Fuck hammerpoint. More like needledickpoint.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By awesomeusername

@KevinGlasgow1971:SUE! SUE! SUE!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.