You have to PAY REAL MONEY to revive yourself

• 83 results
#51 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

@themangalist said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

TB also said something about the pictures on the steam page not really showing what was in the game. Stuff that could never happen. What was he talking about?

http://warzscam.tumblr.com/post/37403063494/unrealistic-screenshots-from-the-war-z

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@mordukai said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

hahah what. This game is hilarious. And it's doing very well on Steam right now. I hope Valve does something and doesn't let this crap go on.

What can they do really? The only thing they can do is pull the game out but then they lose money. It's now up to the people who want to buy and voting with their money. Frankly if after all this bad news and people still are buying then they deserve to have their money exploited.

I'd agree if they were not blatantly lying on their Steam page about the features and state of the game.

When so many legit games are struggling right now in Greenlight for this to be at the top of the sales charts? Gross.

well its changed now

Damage has been done though. Plenty of sales already and most of the battle on these types of digital sales services is getting onto the "Top Selling Items" lists.

Have they added the stuff that was on their steam page yet?

changed it to 1 map right now, but the servers now are 100 people

What about the RPG elements and what not?

skill trees were always planned for new years patch, well of course until they had to put this on steam and dig there own graves

They took out the "experience" part I think. Now it just reads there is "no class, no levels". Pretty smart, I'd say.

there still planning skill trees and have been for awhile http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?67660-Wipe-new-packages-new-features-roadmap-new-antihack-Steam-version-!

#52 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@themangalist said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

TB also said something about the pictures on the steam page not really showing what was in the game. Stuff that could never happen. What was he talking about?

http://warzscam.tumblr.com/post/37403063494/unrealistic-screenshots-from-the-war-z

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@mordukai said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

hahah what. This game is hilarious. And it's doing very well on Steam right now. I hope Valve does something and doesn't let this crap go on.

What can they do really? The only thing they can do is pull the game out but then they lose money. It's now up to the people who want to buy and voting with their money. Frankly if after all this bad news and people still are buying then they deserve to have their money exploited.

I'd agree if they were not blatantly lying on their Steam page about the features and state of the game.

When so many legit games are struggling right now in Greenlight for this to be at the top of the sales charts? Gross.

well its changed now

Damage has been done though. Plenty of sales already and most of the battle on these types of digital sales services is getting onto the "Top Selling Items" lists.

skill trees were always planned for new years patch, well of course until they had to put this on steam and dig there own graves

They took out the "experience" part I think. Now it just reads there is "no class, no levels". Pretty smart, I'd say.

Holy crap. Thats amazing how much lying they are doing to sell their game. 
#53 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@themangalist said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@mordukai said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

well its changed now

plz read my post

#54 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@themangalist said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@mordukai said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

well its changed now

plz read my post

I mean about the pictures and the amount of editing done to them. Doesnt matter if that stuff is planned. When people go to steam they rely on the pictures to show what the game will look like. 
#55 Posted by mordukai (7133 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@themangalist said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@mordukai said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

well its changed now

plz read my post

I mean about the pictures and the amount of editing done to them. Doesnt matter if that stuff is planned. When people go to steam they rely on the pictures to show what the game will look like.

Exploitation of the highest degree. In times like these I wish video games had some sort of supervising body, comprised from respected people from within the industry, that can actually prevent things like that to happen.

#56 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@mordukai said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@themangalist said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@mordukai said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

well its changed now

plz read my post

Exploitation of the highest degree. In times like these I wish video games had some sort of supervising body, comprised from respected people from within the industry, that can actually prevent things like that to happen.

You would think steam would step in since its gotten to such a point right now. 
#57 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@mordukai said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@themangalist said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@mordukai said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

well its changed now

plz read my post

You would think steam would step in since its gotten to such a point right now.

there too busy working on the gabecube right now

#58 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

THAT'S AWFUL! *Goes back to playing LotRO*

#59 Posted by MiniPato (2719 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Except that game is free to play. As opposed to this where you have to pay 15 bucks up front.

According to this, they are forcing you to sign a ToS that disallows refunds.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/152u0c/just_when_you_thought_it_couldnt_get_any_worse/

Seems like they are trying to sap as much money out of there player base before the bad news spreads and the ship sinks. Can't help but feel that whatever GB nominated for their worst game of 2012 would pale in comparison to War Z. But I didn't play it, so whatever. It's just all this news is kinda making me angry.

#60 Edited by cmblasko (1119 posts) -

@eSci:

@benpicko said:

@cmblasko said:

Going to play the devil's advocate here... how is this any worse than putting a quarter into an arcade machine in order to extend your playtime?

You also have to pay $15 to buy the game in the first place

My mistake, thought it was free to play with paid incentives. My argument doesn't hold up in that case.

#61 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@MiniPato said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Except that game is free to play. As opposed to this where you have to pay 15 bucks up front.

According to this, they are forcing you to sign a ToS that disallows refunds.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/152u0c/just_when_you_thought_it_couldnt_get_any_worse/

Seems like they are trying to sap as much money out of there player base before the bad news spreads and the ship sinks. Can't help but feel that whatever GB nominated for their worst game of 2012 would pale in comparison to War Z. But I didn't play it, so whatever. It's just all this news is kinda making me angry.

Wonder when the class action lawsuits will start up. 
#62 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

Wow that is worse than any DLC in any game ever.

#64 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

I heard this game sticks people with rusty needles and then sets their cars on fire.

#65 Posted by Aetheldod (3509 posts) -

@Terramagi: D:

That game is evil .... eeeeeevil reincarnated

#66 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Its ok guys. They are sorry

#67 Posted by SlashDance (1803 posts) -

Best part is that the cooldown time was 1 hour before they implemented the option to pay with real money. Now it's 4 hours. What the fuck.

#68 Edited by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

Worst trend of 2012.: Free-To-Play mechanics in a boxed product.

So true

And this "game" takes this shit to a whole new level.

#69 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@mordukai said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

well its changed now

I'd genuinely like to know if you work for the company behind WarZ.

You started the other thread lamenting it was screwed due to totalbiscuit's video and replied constantly without accepting any of the points raised against the game.

I fail to see why you're so strongly in support of what is a middling-to-poor game that has had a questionable Steam launch mired by issues.

#70 Posted by Cleric22 (85 posts) -

My brother and I decided to check it out. It's a little easier to dive into than DayZ. The 4 hour wait time sucks, but you have 5 character slots so if we die that much we probably shouldn't be playing. Last night we lost 2 guys in about 5 hours and decided to call it a night. Not a great mechanic but not a deal breaker either.

It's the little things I like over Day Z, like not having to "reload" your hatchet, or being able to bash someones head in with the the flashlight.

#71 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Its ok guys. They are sorry.

you forgot the best part

They're sorry you 'misread' the steam page

#72 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Animasta said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Its ok guys. They are sorry.

you forgot the best part

They're sorry you 'misread' the steam page

O nos. I guess it is my fault and all. I am the customer. Im stupid and should read betters right? 
#73 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

@GetEveryone said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@mordukai said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

well its changed now

I'd genuinely like to know if you work for the company behind WarZ.

You started the other thread lamenting it was screwed due to totalbiscuit's video and replied constantly without accepting any of the points raised against the game.

I fail to see why you're so strongly in support of what is a middling-to-poor game that has had a questionable Steam launch mired by issues.

Im only defending what is either not true or misinformation, im still disgusted by the whole steam fiasco

#74 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Looks like steam is investigating the forum stuff. 

#75 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I'm baffled that anyone is playing this game. How did it even make it onto Steam?

#76 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Ravenlight

I'm baffled that anyone is playing this game. How did it even make it onto Steam?

They had a game on steam all ready.
#77 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

I bought this game over the weekend through their site using my Paypal account. I went ahead and filed a dispute today for a refund on my purchase with Paypal, we'll see how it plays out.

#78 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

That actually seems pretty cool. It adds real consequence to death. You can't just respawn and try again, you have to wait. I like it. Definitely buying this game now.

#79 Posted by MrKlorox (11203 posts) -

^^LOL

#80 Posted by Abendlaender (2753 posts) -

Aaaaaaaand it's gone. Steam removed it and offers refunds

#81 Posted by Hunkulese (2640 posts) -

It's fun how many people are bashing the game that have never played it.

#82 Posted by Empirepaintball (1389 posts) -

@benpicko said:

@cmblasko said:

Going to play the devil's advocate here... how is this any worse than putting a quarter into an arcade machine in order to extend your playtime?

You also have to pay $15 to buy the game in the first place

This right here. I bought this game months ago (because I'm a fucking idiot) and now this is happening. I've paid my money and the game still sucks. I thought that it would be getting better, but it doesn't appear so...

#83 Edited by Spectrea (35 posts) -

@Hunkulese said:

I dont have to stick my dick in a blender for me to have the necessary information at hand to advise others not to do it.

Theres a reason why theres so much hate for the game, countless youtube videos, kotaku/forbes/joystiq articles. Ill give you a clue.

Its a misleading cash grab that just happens to be shit.

#84 Posted by Empirepaintball (1389 posts) -

@Hunkulese said:

I've definitely played it, as unfortunate as that is. The game isn't finished and they are billing it like it is. Even at the rate they are going, it seems like it will be a crap product when done.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.