Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infinite Crisis

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 26, 2015

Infinite Crisis was a short-lived DC comics-based MOBA, featuring heroes and villains from throughout the multiverse, including weird alternate versions of well-known characters. It released in March of 2015 and was shut down that August.

So, who else is playing IC?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

What have I gotten myself into? I normally hate MOBAs, but after the tutorials I put down $10 for the basic character package and now all of a sudden I'm having a little fun playing around throwing razor disks with Mecha Wonder Woman and literally nuking people as Atomic Green Lantern. I'm sure things will change when I fight against actual people and not bots, but having at least some familiarity with the DC Comics characters helped to cut down on the learning curve a bit. Also, there are places on the internet that are giving away free characters/skins if you can snap them up in time.

Anyone else been playing this thing? Might be fun to play with/against people that aren't randos or bots.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@dochaus: I just downloaded it. Not into mobas myself but the DC license has at least piqued my interest to the point of at least downloading it and checking it out. From what I heard from friends who have played the beta and are into the genre it's a game to maybe play for a bit and to get newer folks interested, but eventually people will make there way to the popular MOBAs like LOL and DOTA.

Speaking of Infinite Crisis this site is giving away free Sinestro hero codes. I've used them before to grab the Marvel Heroes 2015 random hero box giveaway a few weeks back.

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Im online feel free to add spiredcrescent

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am afraid to, knowing how MOBA communities tend to be around new players.

Yokelbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was playing, but then they took it down for my region (Australia) because of latency issues.

It wasn't unplayably bad, definitely some noticeable hiccups, but no worse than SMITE used to be, or League, or DOTA 2.

Really bummed, because I was enjoying it quite a bit (I like MOBA's though so mileage may vary)

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Swamp Thing is now in the free rotation of heroes. I've been having a bit of fun with him, a tank character who can teleport out of danger and entangle enemy heroes. Might even buy him if I save up enough in game coins.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've mostly been playing offline but how is the online community been?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: a mixed bag so far when I played against actual people, but leaning towards "tolerable." My first two rounds were full of people screaming at teammates and me for various reasons, made me take a little break from the game. Then when I finally got back, the next few matches I played with some people who were actually kinda helpful in dealing with enemies and doomsday devices. We later added each other to the in-game buddy list or whatever they call it. Haven't cruised through any game forums yet so I can't say definitively "good" but I've stuck with this thing much longer than most MOBAs I've played so they're doing something right.

PS: I am "DoktorHaus" in game if you feel like adding me.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DocHaus

Gaslight Catwoman and Gaslight Joker are both surprisingly cheap for in-game Merit Coins right now, so grab them before their price goes up. Also there's a sale on the former's "Ame-Comi" costume, and my animu-lovin' side is really tempted to buy it even if I only use the character a few times. Someone, please, stop me before I do this.

Also I literally got a KDA line of 6/3/27 as Poison Ivy, and at one point tied for most kills on my team. She may be pretty squishy health-wise, but damn can she dish out power damage with the right items. Not sure if that line was due to me starting to learn the system or the enemy team being terrible. Either way, I'm enjoying it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.