Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infinite Space

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

A space exploration RPG developed by Nude Maker, produced by PlatinumGames, and published by Sega.

I'd like to know more about Infinite Space (DS)

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Goly

What kind of game is it? An RPG? A Space Sim? Strategy in space kind of thing a la Homeworld? Or more like Master of Orion (think it's called like that, never played it). Is it long? Has it got a good story? I need to know!

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

I wish I could answer these questions.  
    The GiantBomb staff did do a Quick-Look of it, but I'm not sure if it did it justice. From what I heard the game is pretty awesome, but merciless in difficulty. 
    I believe its an RPG with Space Ship combat and boarding combat. 

I picked up the game when I picked up Strange Journey (huge mistake) but I haven't been able to play it yet. I just wanted to get it because I could never find it in any stores and the concept sounded awesome.

sewageking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By sewageking

I remember when this game came out, I think it was last March.  I wanted to buy it, but I figured that if I waited a few months the price would go way down.  After all, pretty much every DS game goes down to less than $30 or even $20 sooner or later.  Then, last week, I remembered about this game, so I went onto Amazon to buy it, and it's $60 new, and at least $35 used.  Other websites are just as expensive.  I guess it's the kind of game that didn't sell very well initially, so Sega stopped production of it before it started to pick up some steam and earn some fans.  Too bad, but I'll definitely be looking out for this one.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By onarum

@Goly said:

" What kind of game is it? An RPG? A Space Sim? Strategy in space kind of thing a la Homeworld? Or more like Master of Orion (think it's called like that, never played it). Is it long? Has it got a good story? I need to know! "

I beat it and loved every second of it.

It's basically a JRPG set in space, but the combat is somewhat fresh, it ahs some strategy to it but once you get it down it becomes a little repetitive really, you can buy new ships, and you can have up to 5 ships on your armada, there's leveling up and all that, you can buy weapons for the ships, shields, you can hire crew, and you will actually have to do a little micro managing on that regard, putting people in jobs that most suit them . 

you can sort of go wherever most of the time, the navigation is very simplistic though, it's all done via a topdown map, you select a planet or way point and it just travels there by it's own, also on these travels you might get attacked by pirates and what not .

The navigation in planets and stuff feels kind of cheap, just menu after menu, but it works alright, nothing fancy, also all story telling is made through still images, no animation whatsoever, but again, it servers it's purpose just fine.

And there's the infantry battle kind of thing that's really a pain in the ass, the worst part of the game really.

The great thing about it imo is the story, it's really lengthy(I believe that I clocked in about 60 hours or even more) and interesting, if you are into story heavy games you'll probably like this, there's a LOT of text to read.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DrPockets000

It is very fun and deep, with an extremely engaging story.  Get it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.