Is this title really only coming out on the XBOX?

#1 Posted by jamBOT (61 posts) -

This isn't some trick, where Square just doesn't mention that the game will also come to the PS3 in 6 months?  Surprise! 

#2 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I think it will only come out for Xbox 360. Look at Blue Dragon, it only came out for 360 and it is a Square game.

#3 Posted by Korrupt (31 posts) -
Wolverine said:
"

I think it will only come out for Xbox 360. Look at Blue Dragon, it only came out for 360 and it is a Square game.

"
Since when was it a square game?  Blue Dragon was made by Mistwalker and published by Microsoft Game Studios.
#4 Posted by TLT21 (80 posts) -

Well mistwalker includes the director of the first final fantasy
and the composer

#5 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

yea most likely

#6 Posted by RVonE (4703 posts) -
TLT21 said:
"Well mistwalker includes the director of the first final fantasy
and the composer
"
True, but they are not affiliated with Square.
#7 Posted by FleaFive (20 posts) -

This game looks pretty cool. I still have yet to play though Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata though so it might be some time before I get around to it.

#8 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

For now it is.

#9 Posted by plainoldsam (18 posts) -

Microsoft has the name (Infinite Undiscovery) trademarked. It won't get ported to the PS3.

#10 Posted by Blitzer (394 posts) -

Mistwalker has people previously employed by Square, including the creator of Final Fantasy. But saying Blue Dragon is in anyway affiliated with Square is just wrong.

#11 Posted by gabha (357 posts) -
plainoldsam said:
"Microsoft has the name (Infinite Undiscovery) trademarked. It won't get ported to the PS3.
"
Can you provide any proof of that? because if so then it seems like this will be settled.
#12 Posted by plainoldsam (18 posts) -
gabha said:
"plainoldsam said:
"Microsoft has the name (Infinite Undiscovery) trademarked. It won't get ported to the PS3."
Can you provide any proof of that? because if so then it seems like this will be settled."
http://www.microsoft.com/library/toolbar/3.0/trademarks/en-us.mspx

Then search for Infinite Undiscovery
#13 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

yeah I saw that information in a couple of other places like the official infinite undiscovery website.

so when you think about it, IU might have simply been a sub-contracted JRPG paid for by Microsoft and I guess they paid extra to write Square Enix on the box in order to make it sell in Japan. That could explain a lot...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.