Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infinite Undiscovery

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 02, 2008

An exclusive Xbox 360 RPG from the creators of Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile. Unfolding in a game world which changes in real time, the player's choices will spin a tale of "unknown discoveries" and span multiple weaving story situations.

What do you think of the new gameplay footage?

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kilzombie
    exfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By exfate

Looks a bit hectic and random. Although I already expected a weak battle system given that it's a tri-Ace game & real-time. Not a fan of AI controlled parties at all.

However, it is pretty. So if the story holds up, the weak battle system hopefully wont matter. Voice acting sounds pretty good. The FX are pretty - so atleast the hectic battles will look nice if nothing else.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By atejas
    exfate said:
    "Looks a bit hectic and random. Although I already expected a weak battle system given that it's a tri-Ace game & real-time. Not a fan of AI controlled parties at all.

However, it is pretty. So if the story holds up, the weak battle system hopefully wont matter. Voice acting sounds pretty good. The FX are pretty - so atleast the hectic battles will look nice if nothing else."

I doubt the story will be very good. Any game that has"You must not fail. Our people need hope." in it's trailer doesnt offer me much scope
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By suneku

Embedded for you.

I'm kind of hoping this will be a good game, hopefully that's not how the frames are going to be in the final product.
    plainoldsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By plainoldsam

Framerate dips aside, I'm saddened about the lack of a proper block button. The Reflect Drive is suppose to compensate for this, but it's just not very flexible like in Assassin's Creed. You just have to stand there and wait for the guy to attack you to parry, and that just doesn't look very ..fun, especially when there are a bunch of enemies just gang banging you from all over. That's probably the only thing I have beef with, though.

Other than that, the game looks like it'll play great. Those situation battles look really fun to play through, so.. yeah, I'm totally getting this.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Discorsi

^^^^ how was Assassin's Creed's parry system any different.  Of course yo need to wait for an enemy to attack.  As for a proper block buton who needs it when you can parry.  Assassin's creeds's fighting system as a whole was utter crap becuase and to hand sucked due to the fact taht all you needed to do was jus wait to parry.  The lessening of the effectiveness of a block or parry is always welcomed for me because blocking and parrying is so cheap.  Take the damage like a real man or dodge.

plainoldsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By plainoldsam
    Discorsi said:
    "^^^^ how was Assassin's Creed's parry system any different.  Of course yo need to wait for an enemy to attack.  As for a proper block buton who needs it when you can parry.  Assassin's creeds's fighting system as a whole was utter crap becuase and to hand sucked due to the fact taht all you needed to do was jus wait to parry.  The lessening of the effectiveness of a block or parry is always welcomed for me because blocking and parrying is so cheap.  Take the damage like a real man or dodge."
    Well first off, in Assassin's Creed, during your combo you can transition into a parry/counter at almost anytime. From what I've seen, that isn't the case here. Assassin's Creed's combat system was very flexible and fluid system, so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Regardless of what you think, the lack of a block button in a realtime battle system where you can easily be overwhelmed is disappointing, especially if the parry system is strict.

I can't believe you're arguing that I should willingly take in damage, as opposed to simply blocking for the sake of showing my manliness through a bloody videogame. If by dodgiing you mean stop fightng and running away, yes, I suppose that'll be my only option then whenever I'm overwhelmed by enemies since there's no goddamn block button. Yes, that's what a "real man" does, right? Run.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.