Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infinity Blade II

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 01, 2011

Chair's followup to their wildly popular Punch-Out-inspired action RPG, Infinity Blade.

iOS games that crash on boot

jasondesante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jasondesante

I wanted to make a list of all the iOS games that either: say they work on a device but actually don't, or never say what devices it supports and doesn't boot at all.

The fraudulent apps I have encountered so far are:

1. Infinity Blade 1 (2 seems the same), says it works on 3rd gen devices but doesn't

2. Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies

3. Batman Arkham City Lockdown

4. Earthworm Jim, bought it when it came out and never worked and never updated. Biggest example of a total scam that exists on the app store.

if anyone else has encountered an app on the app store that is trying to sell you a lie, post em here and I'll add it to the list. I'll also change the list if the developers decide to do their jobs, and at the very least fulfill the expectations they set out for themselves.

This is large scale fraud.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jetsetwillie

whats more likely... these apps don't work or your idevice is fucked????

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By groin

I had this happen with Puzzle Agent on the iPad. It took like 3 months but they eventually fixed it with an update.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By groin

@jetsetwillie said:

whats more likely... these apps don't work or your idevice is fucked????

It's more likely that the apps do not work. I am a developer and if a program ever crashes it is entirely the fault of the developer.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @jasondesante: Are you on an iPad 1?

I assume the problem is that despite the game being optimized for the iPad 2 Apple allows it to be billed as "for all iPads". 

I've had no problems with any apps on the iPad2, my friend on the the other hand, who has an original iPad runs into issues with newer (and/or updated) apps. 

I'm not looking forward to when the iPad3 comes out and I get stuck with all the problems original owners are experiencing now.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

What are you using? I 've played a ton of Infinity Blade 1 and 2 on my 4S and they've never crashed ever

I play alot of iOS games and Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is the only one that crashes in certain spaceports

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By project343

Infinity Blade II works flawlessly on my iPhone 4S. I can at least confirm that much.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rowr

@Venatio said:

What are you using? I 've played a ton of Infinity Blade 1 and 2 on my 4S and they've never crashed ever

I play alot of iOS games and Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is the only one that crashes in certain spaceports

@project343 said:

Infinity Blade II works flawlessly on my iPhone 4S. I can at least confirm that much.

Obviously it works fine on the 4S you noobcakes, he is talking about 3rd generation devices.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By stinky

have you tried resetting your device?

heard that helps some people over time through all the multiple OS updates.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.