Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infinity Blade

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 09, 2010

Infinity Blade is the first iOS game to use the Unreal Engine. The game pits players against a variety of massive foes on a quest to slay the God King.

Infinity Blade Thus Far

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Edited By Skald

Before I start rambling on about the graphics, I just want to say that the protagonists of this game reminded me of a certain TV family. For whatever reason, every single time someone in their "bloodline" dies, the next one has to try and avenge him. Now I know that this is a six dollar game, but for the amount of money it's going to make (it passed Angry Birds as the top download in less than a day) I think someone could have thought up a more interesting concept. 
    Anyway, the game is basically Punch-Out!! with RPG elements. You play as some kind of knight who fights trolls and assassins and such, and for every kill you make money and gain experience. When you have enough money you can get new equipment. When you reach the end of the game, the last boss kills you and you start the game over as Mandlebaum Junior. 
    I assume that there is a point where you can kill the level fifty God King if you really stick with it. The game lends itself to being played ad nauseum, and even though it's the same stuff over and over again, it's the loot that keeps you going. There are also branching paths, but they never change the game very much, usually they're just a place to find a high level assassin guarding a chest, so I guess that makes the other paths more of a distraction than anything else. 
    Oh, and the game looks great. I don't feel like really getting into it, but suffice to say that it looks better than any PSP game I've played, despite being way shorter. I'm pretty sure all the effects are pre-rendered, judging by how good they look, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of the game at all. It has definitely passed Rage HD for the title of best graphics in an iPhone game. 

If bobbing, weaving and slashing are your kind of thing, you should check this game out. It's definitely worth the six bucks.    

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Skald

Before I start rambling on about the graphics, I just want to say that the protagonists of this game reminded me of a certain TV family. For whatever reason, every single time someone in their "bloodline" dies, the next one has to try and avenge him. Now I know that this is a six dollar game, but for the amount of money it's going to make (it passed Angry Birds as the top download in less than a day) I think someone could have thought up a more interesting concept. 
    Anyway, the game is basically Punch-Out!! with RPG elements. You play as some kind of knight who fights trolls and assassins and such, and for every kill you make money and gain experience. When you have enough money you can get new equipment. When you reach the end of the game, the last boss kills you and you start the game over as Mandlebaum Junior. 
    I assume that there is a point where you can kill the level fifty God King if you really stick with it. The game lends itself to being played ad nauseum, and even though it's the same stuff over and over again, it's the loot that keeps you going. There are also branching paths, but they never change the game very much, usually they're just a place to find a high level assassin guarding a chest, so I guess that makes the other paths more of a distraction than anything else. 
    Oh, and the game looks great. I don't feel like really getting into it, but suffice to say that it looks better than any PSP game I've played, despite being way shorter. I'm pretty sure all the effects are pre-rendered, judging by how good they look, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of the game at all. It has definitely passed Rage HD for the title of best graphics in an iPhone game. 

If bobbing, weaving and slashing are your kind of thing, you should check this game out. It's definitely worth the six bucks.    

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Skald

Hmm... finished another bloodline. The next one in line lives a shorter life than the one before. 

They're kind of a really stupid family.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

Is it possible to beat the evil dude on your first bloodline?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor
    @Mikemcn said:
    " Is it possible to beat the evil dude on your first bloodline? "
    I beat him on my 4th. Don't think it was my level and stats letting me down at first but more my lack of knowledge regarding the timing of his moves. I reckon its doable.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By trophyhunter

Sounds like Unloseing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Badman

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skald
    @Vitor said:

" @Mikemcn said:

" Is it possible to beat the evil dude on your first bloodline? "

I beat him on my 4th. Don't think it was my level and stats letting me down at first but more my lack of knowledge regarding the timing of his moves. I reckon its doable. "
    I reckon that it would still be annoyingly hard. But provided you didn't get hit, and hit him like a hundred times, I don't see why not.
    stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By stinky

any voice acting in the game? all text?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mikemcn
    @stinky said:

" any voice acting in the game? all text? "

Theres some kick ass fake spanish/elvish/russian at the start and end of each bloodline. But its repeated over and over, the rest of the Voice acting is grunts from the various enemies.  
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Skald
    @stinky said:
    They talk in some weird english subtitled latin-esque language, and only for about twenty seconds during the last boss fight. That's literally all the talking in the game.  And I don't just mean voiced dialogue either, that actually is literally all the talking in the game.

@trophyhunter said:
    " Sounds like Unloseing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Badman "
    Good call. The whole concept of dying and letting "the next guy in line" become the main character is exactly the same, except in this game they seem to be a lot less self-aware. The main difference is that this is an arcade game akin to Punch-Out!! with a Demon's Souls-ish graphical style, whereas Ranger vs. Badman is something completely different.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Skald
    @Mikemcn said:
    " @stinky said:
    Theres some kick ass fake spanish/elvish/russian at the start and end of each bloodline. But its repeated over and over, the rest of the Voice acting is grunts from the various enemies.  "
    Actually, I think it's more of a spanish, portuguese or italian language, seeing as though the only word I can understand is padre, which the protagonist always says at the beginning of a new game. If it were latin like I said just a second ago, it would be pater. Either way, I don't think it's a real language anyway, rather just a mashup of different romance languages.
    kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kyelb22

I'm F***ing loving this game. I'm on my 7th Bloodline and I've killed the God King twice now. I can only put this game down when i get the popup saying I've just run the battery into the ground. 

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Skald
    @Kyelb22 said:
    " I'm F***ing loving this game. I'm on my 7th Bloodline and I've killed the God King twice now. I can only put this game down when i get the popup saying I've just run the battery into the ground.  "
    Does the God King get harder when you defeat him? Or does he stay the same?
    kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kyelb22

Yes, he does. After I beat him the first time, He jumped from Lvl 50 to 100. The only way I beat him was spamming my Heal 3 ring. At Lvl 100, he does a LOT of damage and strings together moves very quickly. I put the game down after I beat him the second time, so I don't know how much stronger he got this time.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Skald

Makes sense, but that frightens the hell out of me. The very idea of a level 200 (or something) enemy is just crazy.

Avatar image for purple_proletarius
    Purple_Proletarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm curious, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to buy it now...but I don't know how long it'll be before a sale, either.

JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By JJ

Anyway, the game is basically Punch-Out!! with RPG elements.    

I thought the same thing when playing this game.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Driadon
    @trophyhunter said:
    " Sounds like Unloseing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Badman "
    Think that, but with Punch Out and not insane japanese. Or random dungeons. 
    DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By DriveupLife

lvl 150 god king brings the pain

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Red

Just finished my fourth bloodline, and have yet to defeat the God King. Is it just me, or are the dodge buttons not very responsive? It's way too easy to get shifted from the bottom corners.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skald
    @Red said:
    " Just finished my fourth bloodline, and have yet to defeat the God King. Is it just me, or are the dodge buttons not very responsive? It's way too easy to get shifted from the bottom corners. "
    I find that parrying hardly ever works, and I can almost never stab any of the enemies, but other than that, the controls usually work for me. But yeah, the dodge buttons are pretty small and it's easy to lose track of them on a touchscreen display.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.