Would you like Infinity Blade to appear on another platform, if so, which one?

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

#2 Posted by Andorski (5366 posts) -

I find that game only works on a touchscreen mobile device due to the interface necessary to play it, the play session length I like to play it at a time, and where I would play the game (i.e. when I'm not at home).

#3 Edited by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

It is essentially touch screen punch out. So the obvious choice is Android or the Vita.

#4 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

No not really, the only platform it works on is portable (so it's odd you left out the 3DS and Vita.) It's a cool game to kill like 20 minutes here and there but I don't really see any reason to bring it to a home platform.

#5 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

I'm kinda surprised it hasn't shown up on XBL for Kinect. I just got it for 99c the other day, and it's pretty decent.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Yes, for a platform I actually own. Also, the fuck's up with your avatar?

#7 Posted by Eidderf (507 posts) -

I could see it being adapted to work for the kinect and move, it would probably make a decent enough downloadable game.

#8 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Yes, for a platform I actually own. Also, the fuck's up with your avatar?

Sora is Kenny! :D

#9 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

No not really, the only platform it works on is portable (so it's odd you left out the 3DS and Vita.) It's a cool game to kill like 20 minutes here and there but I don't really see any reason to bring it to a home platform.

I forgot to put 3ds and Vita, sorry!

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba:

...Why?

#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Why not?

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba:

That's dodging the question.

#13 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Why do you lie about where you live..

earthling.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba:

A.) I do not lie about where I live, good sir.

B.) Do not make this about me. You continue to dodge my questions.

#15 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba:

Also, the fuck's up with your avatar?

For real, duder. What's with the identity crisis?

#16 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@NekuSakuraba:

Huh? how is that an identity crisis? O_O

#17 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Not really. Infinite Blade is uhh, well just boring, it's Fruit Ninja with armour.

Wish I never bought it, no idea why it gets so much praise aside from looking pretty. There's some great games on iOS that get nowhere near as much praise, kinda sad.

#18 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

@Sooty said:

Not really. Infinite Blade is uhh, well just boring, it's Fruit Ninja with armour.

Wish I never bought it, no idea why it gets so much praise aside from looking pretty. There's some great games on iOS that get nowhere near as much praise, kinda sad.

Punch-out! gets praise and this is more in-depth, so I guess it's sort of warranted?

#19 Edited by ProfessorEss (7518 posts) -

It's okay as far as iOS games are concerned but that's a pretty low bar. 

Putting it on a platform with a wealth of legitimately good titles would only highlight its shortcomings. 

#20 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Sooty said:

Punch-out! gets praise and this is more in-depth, so I guess it's sort of warranted?

I think it's more of people jerking off over anything Epic slap their name on

#21 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

Vita or 3DS are the best choices. You can keep the gaming interface as it is with no changes which is great. I literally spent hours upon hours on IB 1 trying to beat all the inmortals (Still can't) and will do so with the second game.

#22 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

Windows Phone. Infinity blade with points would be pretty cool even though it wouldn't look as good as the iOS version due to the weaker GPUs of the platform.

#23 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Ravenlight said:

@NekuSakuraba:

Huh? how is that an identity crisis? O_O

Your name is NekuSakuraba but you have Sora as your avatar. Weirds me out, duder. Add another character on top of that and my mind melts. :P

#24 Posted by jozzy (2035 posts) -

@MideonNViscera said:

I'm kinda surprised it hasn't shown up on XBL for Kinect. I just got it for 99c the other day, and it's pretty decent.

Yeah, seems like a Kinect game that would actually make sense and work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.