Community Play Thread

• 83 results
#51 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

GGs to those who were in the PSN lobby!

#52 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

GGs to those who were in the PSN lobby!

Same. That Harley vs Raven fight was fun. I did not think I'd be able to actually beat you with her or was that literally your first time controlling raven?

#53 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

Same. That Harley vs Raven fight was fun. I did not think I'd be able to actually beat you with her or was that literally your first time controlling raven?

It was my first time playing as Raven, yeah. Her command grabs are really fun, so I might try her some more. The two characters I've spent the most time with are the Flash and the Joker, but there are others that I haven't even touched yet.

#54 Edited by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@fluxwavez: I really like her Forward+ Medium, Medium, Medium (Titan Trash) its a good quick 14% combo that has forward momentum to it so its pretty decent for letting her offensively gain ground a bit. Medium, Medium, Heavy is great to simply because that last uppercut throws a lot of people off which leads to a easy air command grab.

#55 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

@fluxwavez: I really like her Forward+ Medium, Medium, Medium (Titan Trash) its a good quick 14% combo that has forward momentum to it so its pretty decent for letting her offensively gain ground a bit. Medium, Medium, Heavy is great to simply because that last uppercut throws a lot of people off which leads to a easy air command grab.

You know you can grab them with both Soul Crush and Singularity out of that first combo you listed right? Personally I find the timing even easier for that because you don't have to delay the grab input by a fraction of a second like you do with the second combo.

#56 Posted by Egg0 (169 posts) -

Platform: PS3

PSN: UltimateEgg0

#57 Edited by Scullinator (513 posts) -

I was going to create a room last night and call it Giantbomb, only that title right now seams a little inappropriate

#58 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@barrabas said:

@demoskinos said:

You know you can grab them with both Soul Crush and Singularity out of that first combo you listed right? Personally I find the timing even easier for that because you don't have to delay the grab input by a fraction of a second like you do with the second combo.

Yeah interesting was checking that out. Thats a real easy 20% combo. I'll have to see if you can combo into your super too...

#59 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

@barrabas said:

@demoskinos said:

Yeah interesting was checking that out. Thats a real easy 20% combo. I'll have to see if you can combo into your super too...

You can combo into super from the Medium, Medium, Heavy combo. I don't use her super much though. I'd rather spend the meter on EX Singularity to get the relaunch and continue to combo from there. You can get a relaunch from EX Soul Crush too, but it seems kind of picky about when it will let you do the EX version. I think your opponent has to be really close to / touching the ground for it to work.

#60 Edited by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@barrabas: I think with soul crush you need to hit R2 as the move starts with Singularity you have to do it as they hit the ground I think.

#61 Edited by N7 (3588 posts) -

PS3

Crimson_Ryan

US, East, Northern Kentucky

#62 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5477 posts) -

I'll need to lose again after reaching the 50 streak, should be some time tonight around 9 or 10 PM EST (have to take 60-90 minute breaks every 5 ranked matches to go kill the very easy comp hundreds of times, yay exp grinding), I'll make a lobby Ulu (won't be playing Lex unless people want to get rocked) and try out some more Killer Frost. On PSN if people want to join in, could get a decent KoH or Survivor going.

#64 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

Why the hell was my message deleted? Anyways...like I said. @FredChuckDave Im in I get off work at 6pm EST. I'll be looking to play some matches. If you want you can send me a PSN request. My GB username is the same as PSN.

#65 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5477 posts) -

@demoskinos: Cool beans, I got 2 PMs of your messages so even if one was deleted somehow I saw both, you're exceptionally skilled at writing a very similar message without deviating much. Takes like 10 minutes to win 5 matches typically so from the present 35 streak: 10 + 60 + 10 + 90 + 10 + 60 + lunch/white sox baseball and it'll wind up somewhere around 8ish. Do have to get up early tomorrow though, the horror. While we're playing would you mind looking at my player card and scrolling through the stuff (left and right buttons), I'm just curious what rewards and things it tracks; but you still can't look at your own player card except the offline version.

#67 Edited by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@FredChuckDave Yeah, that has been annoying I wanna look at my player card online.

#68 Posted by aaverager (14 posts) -

PSN: aaverager

#69 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5477 posts) -

@semidetached: @CollegeguyMike: @fluxwavez: @demoskinos: @mpgeist: @snail: @brodehouse: @smokeyd123: @blackhrt86: @godlyone:

Making a lobby, GiantBomb; join up would like to start a survivor matchup and need like 4 or 5 people to make it interesting. Keeping it open for an hour or so while I do other crap until I notice someone in there with a recognizable name; demoskinos abandoned me! Also evidently if you utterly destroy a bunch of people in Survivor on the second go around all they do is spam projectiles. Need to end this damn streak :(

#70 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@fredchuckdave: =( Sorry, you going to be on tomorrow? I've basically got all day free tomorrow.

#71 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5477 posts) -

@demoskinos: After 5 EST I'll probably be on; albeit I might be starting a streak up again, still only about 2/5ths of the way to 100 at 6.2 million exp. We can always play around in the practice mode regardless.

#72 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5477 posts) -

@demoskinos: You're way too spammy and annoying with Raven, either stop playing Raven or get better with Raven then we can play some more; unless you're fighting Grundy there's no reason to spam the bullshit grab every chance you get, it just makes the match hopelessly tedious and aggravating. You're also the only person I've seen back dodge after every drop; but usually it's to your advantage to either do a wakeup attack or block then counter, you're just ceding positional advantage otherwise and if I was playing Lex I'd just charge you every time you did it (or spam a projectile with a different character in lieu of more interesting melee combat)

#73 Edited by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@fredchuckdave: Dude, you obviously were going to slide at me with flash and killer frost. So yeah, I'm going to control the battlefield by making you think twice about doing it. Sorry if you don't like the way I play her but I'm going to keep using it to keep the other player on their toes.

#74 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5477 posts) -

@demoskinos: Shrug, that's fine you can go about your business, one can only hope the percentage of projectile spammers stays where it's at and doesn't increase dramatically /shudder A good Raven would block the slide then go into a 30% combo or a 40% metered combo off the block.

#75 Edited by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@fredchuckdave: Its still plenty beatable. I played @fluxwavez the other night and played Raven a whole lot and out of 20+ matches I beat him possibly maybe twice and that was only because he was using characters he wasn't that good with those matches. And he was super aggressive and in my face the entire time.

Raven is good at controlling the screen so I'm going to do just that and then teleport in to get close and then do a combo. Not playing to her abilities is just dumb. Sure I could try to block the slide and punish it or I could make you not want to attempt to try to slide in on me period.

#76 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5477 posts) -

@demoskinos: No it's really quite broken, not to worry though I just won 12 straight ranked matches including one against a guy with 250 wins; I'm okay. Wonder Woman now my third character o.O She seems to have no anti ranged gameplay but does have the fastest dash in the game and the easiest 25% combo; hurray for daily challenges.

#77 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@fredchuckdave: Not sure what your ranked wins have to do with what we were talking about but okay

#78 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5477 posts) -

@demoskinos: Look player matches are supposed to be where people experiment and try to get better but instead it's just filled with morons that are like "hey people won't be playing as good here so I can get away with spamming projectiles for 90% of the match" If you ever deal more than 50% or even like 35% of your damage solely via projectiles then something's very wrong; even with Deathstroke there's a fair number of mid-close fight options (granted he's not as good as Raven in that regard). But again you don't have to listen to me and I can tell you're not going to. I should really get back to forum trolling instead of trying to help people out; you're reminding me why I like to make fun of idiots.

#79 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -
#80 Edited by nftw (9 posts) -

PS3

nftw01

California

i would say i suck but that would be giving me too much credit.

#81 Posted by bmehlers (130 posts) -

I just bought the game today, so I am completely new. Hoping to play some beginners because I keep getting matched with high level players.

PS3

bmehlers

North Carolina

#82 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

Got some good matches in with @brodehouse tonight. Fun stuff! Would be great to get a KOTH lobby going again sometime.

#83 Posted by climax (69 posts) -

PS3

hoboxclimax

West Coast - Southern California

I hope to do some KotH lobbies soon. I really want to get better at this style of game after playing Marvel for so long.

#84 Posted by Scullinator (513 posts) -

I see most people went with the PS3 version for this game. Although I used to have all 3 consoles, I now only have a 360.

Just wondering why most people chose PS3 for this game? Is it better on the PS3 controller or is it rumored to run better or something?

Any 360 users want to get a KOTH room going tonight. (nothing on TV)

#85 Posted by MrMazz (977 posts) -

PSN: MaZZacare

#86 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

Yo, I'm listening to some Tested Podcasts and playing some Injustice right now. I'd be down to do some 1v1 or KotH with someone. That is if anyone is down to play right now. If not I'll continue apparently mopping up in Ranked matches with Raven. =D

#87 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

SUPER LATE to this thread, but since I'm back in the community and still consistently playing this game, figured I'd add my name onto the list here and add some peeps who are still playing too.

Xbox 360

Username: Imperious Rix (yeh, with a space)

Region: U.S. West coast

I'm playing mainly Bane and Solomon Grundy. Gotta love them grapplers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.