DLC Characters and Speculation

• 112 results
#1 Edited by Scullinator (513 posts) -

Looks like Lobo has been confirmed but no release date. Im excited to play as Lobo, this was enough for me to go buy a season pass. Lobo is my favorite DC villain, most memorable comic I owned growing up was the Lobo Christmas Special where he goes to the north poll and gets in a knife fight with Santa Clause. Brutally Awesome!

Any speculation on other characters? Im gonna say a Hero is a safe bet, though being more of a Marvel fan myself nothing comes to mind right away....

#2 Posted by Epidehl (291 posts) -

Martian Manhunter seems the most likely for the first hero. He's got a model in the game and was probably the next most requested person I saw besides Lobo. Otherwise I'd hope for Black Canary and someone weird like Booster Gold or something.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Buzzaro? Owl man? Something with court of owls has to happen at least. And with all the Robins they have a ton of space for more costumes.

#4 Posted by Scullinator (513 posts) -

Martian Manhunter Yep!

#5 Posted by roylink (131 posts) -

Freddy Krueger?

#6 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3377 posts) -

I'd really like them to go the obscure route by throwing in someone like Killer Moth. Clayface would be pretty cool to see as a fight character. Also nobody has commented that Lobo looks like Rob Zombie.

#7 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4798 posts) -

@i_stay_puft said:

I'd really like them to go the obscure route by throwing in someone like Killer Moth. Clayface would be pretty cool to see as a fight character. Also nobody has commented that Lobo looks like Rob Zombie.

Correction - Rob Zombie looks like Lobo.

#8 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

I heard some rumor swirling around about an Atrocitus model in the game files. I'd really like to see him. I'd like to see something from the Court of Owls but that's a pretty new series so I doubt it. Blue Beetle or Martian Manhunter could both work. Since they added Killer Frost, Firestorm would be an obvious choice. I'd like to see Killer Croc or Mister Freeze as well but Mister Freeze could end up too similar to Killer Frost. I don't know hmm...I was surprised by the lack of Darkseid so him. There's a lot of characters I'd love to see. And I really hope they release a Red Son skin for Batman. I want to play as Batmankoff.

#9 Edited by gaminghooligan (1443 posts) -

Two Face would be cool, or Deadman.

#10 Posted by smokeyd123 (329 posts) -

I'd like to see someone from Demon Knights. Maybe Vandal Savage.

#11 Edited by ShaggE (6452 posts) -

Dogwelder and Arm-Fall-Off Boy.

#12 Edited by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

I want clayface he could be a Shang-Tsung equivalent. Although Batman is already well represented with Bats,Joker,Harley,Catwoman,Bane,Nightwing. Although I did hear rumors of Red Hood floating around. That could be cool too.

#13 Posted by Ghostiet (5270 posts) -

Adam Strange. : (

#14 Edited by HolyHackZack (105 posts) -

Here is to Swamp Thing, Jonah Hex, Animal Man

#15 Posted by alexl86 (621 posts) -

Martian Manhunter seems to be the most requested and he's one of the core justice league members, so he makes a lot of sense. I think someone like Brainiac could be interesting. The only other Superman villain in the game is Lex and I think they'll continue with a half and half split between heroes and villains. I really don't like the idea of red hood, mostly because there are so many batman characters already, and he'd probably be pretty similar to Nightwing, except with a gun, so he'd also be pretty similar to Deathstroke(in appearence as well). Of course, realistically, I think Red Hood stands more of a chance than Brainiac. As for the last hero, they'll probably have at least one female character. Power Girl(or Supergirl...) gets tossed around a lot, as do Batgirl(please not another bat-character), Black Canary(her powers aren't very interesting though). I think Starfire would be an interesting choice, but they already have a few titans. I dunno, Power Girl seems more likely.

#16 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@shagge said:

I thought that it was just implied that all of these speculated C-Tier characters would come after those two AAAA crimefighters.

#17 Posted by mrfluke (5152 posts) -

they will probably do darkseid,

#18 Posted by ShaggE (6452 posts) -

@shagge said:

I thought that it was just implied that all of these speculated C-Tier characters would come after those two AAAA crimefighters.

You'd think so, but Netherrealm already dropped the ball by not featuring Dogwelder on the cover and calling the game "Injustice: Dogs Among Us"... I'm not sure I can trust them (or DC) to do right by their fans here.

... Suddenly I'm imagining a Chris Nolan Dogwelder trilogy, and my new life goal is to find some way to make this happen.

#19 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

This wouldn't surprise me. He is the only playable character from the DC side of MK vs DC that isn't in the game.

#20 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@shagge said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@shagge said:

You'd think so, but Netherrealm already dropped the ball by not featuring Dogwelder on the cover and calling the game "Injustice: Dogs Among Us"... I'm not sure I can trust them (or DC) to do right by their fans here.

... Suddenly I'm imagining a Chris Nolan Dogwelder trilogy, and my new life goal is to find some way to make this happen.

...Could we kickstart this?

#21 Posted by mrfluke (5152 posts) -

@barrabas said:

@mrfluke said:

This wouldn't surprise me. He is the only playable character from the DC side of MK vs DC that isn't in the game.

plus they already have a model of him done in the game,

#22 Edited by ShaggE (6452 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@shagge said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@shagge said:

...Could we kickstart this?

I'm thinking online petition! I know, that's an extreme and dangerous move, but these are desperate times we live in. I'm no legalman, but I've "surfed" the "web" for quite a long time, and I'm pretty sure a few thousand "e-signatures" (apologies for all the technical jargon) should legally bind DC and WB to our cause.

Edit: Ooh! How about a web page? I've got these "under construction" GIFs and a MIDI of the Simpsons theme we could use, and I could add a section for my Doom maps!

#23 Edited by altairre (1191 posts) -

I sure would like to see Dr Fate but I don't think it's going to happen.

#24 Edited by oraknabo (1462 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: I would easily buy a Legion-related DLC pack, especially if it contained Legion Substitutes, rejects and Super Pets.

#25 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11734 posts) -

Knowing what I know about DC (not a whole lot, outside of Batman), I think Darkseid is a safe guess.

#26 Edited by Wrenchfarm (15 posts) -

Zatanna, Plastic-Man, Gorilla Grodd. I'd buy all the season passes.

#27 Edited by Basm321 (192 posts) -

Brainiac

Clayface

A.M.A.Z.O

I want some Batman Beyond villains.

Ian Peek - could be interesting with his ability to phase through physical objects

Blight - uhhh... basically he just looks awsome

Stalker - hell yes!

Shriek - maybe

#28 Posted by CooVee (148 posts) -

Not sure how he would work but I nominate The Question.

#29 Edited by tkalsey (154 posts) -

Yoda

#30 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@coovee said:

That'd be rad as hell, actually.

#31 Posted by mustachioeugene (510 posts) -

If it's not the Riddler, then there is no God ...s Among Us.

#32 Edited by CaptainCharisma (339 posts) -

Give me Static Shock and Beast Boy!

#33 Edited by Sackmanjones (4701 posts) -

Guys... I just wanna say, I got into this thread from the front page....That is all.

#34 Posted by Voxus (336 posts) -

I want Arkham City Mr. Freeze.

or...

Rorschach

#35 Posted by Epidehl (291 posts) -

@coovee said:

That'd be rad as hell, actually.

I would kill for The Question. Only if they got Jeffrey Combs from JLU back though.

Also, I feel like people like Beast Boy/Plastic Man/Clayface, transformation/stretchy characters, would be impossible with this game. I mean, they couldn't do Shang Tsung the same way they used to anymore in MK9, and they seem like similar cases.

#36 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

Swamp Thing and Animal Man! Do it!

#37 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

Sagat.

#38 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Going a weird route with this. Jonah Hex would be an interesting one to see.

#39 Posted by nefilim927 (2 posts) -

Swamp Thing, Atrocitus and Martian Manhunter please.

#40 Posted by DocHaus (1331 posts) -

Static Shock vs. Black Vulcan. Make it happen NetherRealm.

#41 Posted by SgtSphynx (1389 posts) -

Atrocitus, Black Hand, also, I'm surprised they didn't put Capt Cold in the game, so him.

#42 Posted by KoolAid (936 posts) -

Booster Gold

#43 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@0blivion said:

I want Arkham City Mr. Freeze.

or...

Rorschach

Technically he's not part of the DC Universe but he was heavily based on The Question.

#44 Posted by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -

Oh hey, check out the downloadable content page in the game. Lobo's there. You can download him. Or at least it thinks it can. My Lobo download is failing for some reason at 99%. No clue why, could be it's secretly not out yet. Weird. But cool, I like that it's so soon.

#45 Posted by papercut (3494 posts) -

I really want there to be a Bizarro that has reversed controls and his heath bars fill up instead of going down.

#46 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (389 posts) -

@basm321: Oh man, Blight would be awesome.

#47 Edited by Pudge (886 posts) -

Spider-Man

#48 Posted by mrpandaman (866 posts) -

I would love to see the Red Hood, Star Fire, Brainiac, Martian Manhunter, but most of all I want..

MODOK (even though he's a Marvel character)

#49 Posted by Muerthoz (350 posts) -

I think my wishlist would be Larfleeze, Bleez, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Captain Cold and Captain Boomerang. I also want a Blue Lantern skin for the Flash.

#50 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.