DLC Characters and Speculation

• 112 results
#51 Posted by lord_canti (1515 posts) -

after lobo my guesses are power girl/ super girl, huntress/batgirl/batwoman and martian manhunter

#52 Posted by LOTR_Dan (67 posts) -

It won't happen but the Mutant Leader from Dark Knight Returns would be a lot of fun.

#53 Posted by BisonHero (6564 posts) -

@lotr_dan said:

It won't happen but the Mutant Leader from Dark Knight Returns would be a lot of fun.

I always felt like like that guy could've basically been Killer Croc, given that he was always shirtless, was a complete savage, and his skin and mouth seemed all kinds of fucked up.

#54 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

Zatanna and Doctor Fate would be cool...

#55 Edited by Zereta (1368 posts) -

Black Canary

Booster Gold

Dr Fate

Orion?

I could see them forcing Pandora in from the New 52 to tie in with Trinity War and the release of the Flashpoint DVD.

#56 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (353 posts) -

The spectre would be a pretty cool character.

#57 Posted by Soulstoner (37 posts) -

Apparently it was leaked from game files on the disc already:

Lobo

Batgirl

Zod

Scorpion

#58 Edited by Ghostiet (5284 posts) -

@soulstoner said:

Lobo

Batgirl

Zod

Scorpion

Batgirl? Seriously? Couldn't it be at least Martian Manhunter or fucking anyone?

#59 Edited by Demoskinos (14871 posts) -

@ghostiet said:

@soulstoner said:

Lobo

Batgirl

Zod

Scorpion

Batgirl? Seriously?

They just had to get a MK character in there didn't they... *shakes head*

#60 Posted by Pachtar_Klepek (89 posts) -

i love the more obscure character possibilities

..and dlc fatalities

#61 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I just want Arkham City's Robin.

#62 Posted by MHumphreys89 (715 posts) -

@klei said:

Robin is really hated huh? Not only is Robin not in the game, Nightwing is in it instead. I don't like him either but, given the amount of Batman characters in the game, you would have expect him to be in there. Is there something i'm missing? I'm not a comic-book fan.

#63 Posted by Ghostiet (5284 posts) -

@klei said:

Robin is really hated huh? Not only is Robin not in the game, Nightwing is in it instead. I don't like him either but, given the amount of Batman characters in the game, you would have expect him to be in there. Is there something i'm missing? I'm not a comic-book fan.

Technically, Robin is in the game, since Damian Wayne is Nightwing in this game - he took over the identity after he murdered Dick Grayson in the backstory.

Nightwing is really fucking popular, so that's probably why they chose him. The Bat characters are already overcrowding the roster, so I think it was a sensible choice.

#64 Posted by Hailinel (24961 posts) -

Mark Hamill version of the Trickster. Also Zatanna.

#65 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

@ghostiet said:

@humphreys said:

@klei said:

Technically, Robin is in the game, since Damian Wayne is Nightwing in this game - he took over the identity after he murdered Dick Grayson in the backstory.

Nightwing is really fucking popular, so that's probably why they chose him. The Bat characters are already overcrowding the roster, so I think it was a sensible choice.

I meant Robin as the actual Robin. Not in his big-boy Nightwing suit. I meant the red suit guy with the hood and the staff, just like in Arkham City. I don't like Nightwing all that much.

#66 Posted by Cheesebob (1240 posts) -

Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan

#67 Edited by MHumphreys89 (715 posts) -

@klei @ghostiet I don't think Nightwing will ever be as iconic as Robin. I.M.O. NetherRealm should have ignored the current DC events and just picked the most well-known characters of that franchise.

#68 Edited by TheStimpinator (106 posts) -
#69 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -

Zatanna and Booster Gold would be my top picks.

Mogo should be a background. Just sayin

#70 Posted by Epidehl (302 posts) -

@ghostiet said:

@soulstoner said:

Lobo

Batgirl

Zod

Scorpion

Batgirl? Seriously?

Man, I really hope these aren't real. The fact Lobo would end up being the best DLC character is straight-up tragic.

#71 Edited by LeYcH (216 posts) -

Scarecrow. Riddler. Penguin. Twoface. Batwoman Red Hood. Robin. Red Robin. Killer Croc.
pls make it happen NRS.

On a serious note though, I hope that's fake.
I wanted to see Firestorm, Starfire or Martian Manhunter but Batgirl and Scorpion?

Seriously?

#72 Edited by huser (1084 posts) -

I want clayface he could be a Shang-Tsung equivalent. Although Batman is already well represented with Bats,Joker,Harley,Catwoman,Bane,Nightwing. Although I did hear rumors of Red Hood floating around. That could be cool too.

Well actually Martian Manhunter could pull that off, having so many powers he could believably fake being just about anyone. I agree on the Batman heavy focus.

I would like really weird stuff, but can accept it being more mainstream. A Metal Man team character would be awesome. Firestorm is missing for having Killer Frost (though I can understand simply wanting a Sub Zero esque character), and I'd like one more Teen Titan just to make it more obvious Raven has a place at the table.

#73 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3345 posts) -

@coovee said:

Not sure how he would work but I nominate The Question.

That'd be rad as hell, actually.

Word to this! Seems like they'd never pick him/her though. So normal compared to the rest of the universe. :(

#74 Posted by StevetheRadroach (61 posts) -

Martian Manhunter is likely, but Booster Gold, Red Robin, And Scarecrow would be awesome.

#75 Edited by Scullinator (514 posts) -

@ghostiet said:

@soulstoner said:

Lobo

Batgirl

Zod

Scorpion

Batgirl? Seriously? Couldn't it be at least Martian Manhunter or fucking anyone?

I agree, Batgril is would not have been my choice. It seams like half the characters are from Batman already. (he does however have the coolest villains of any comic)

Zod should be cool but I would have liked to have seen Martian Manhunter or Darksied.

Scorpion...... Really??? I hope he is like a new bad ass Scorpion with a flaming skull head or something.

#76 Posted by Sackmanjones (4711 posts) -

Those dlcs aren't confirmed but those other 3 characters sound right. I don't mind an MK guy in there because... Well I love MK. However, I don't really follow the comics and I know who Martian Manhunter is so Im pretty surprised he's not in there. Did they say they will only have 4 characters or is there a chance for more?

#77 Edited by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -
#78 Edited by Scroll (599 posts) -

I'd like to see Swamp Things super move.

#79 Edited by SaintOfKillers (65 posts) -

Just put the spectre in there and give him the most ridiculous super move possible

#80 Edited by Ghostiet (5284 posts) -

Those dlcs aren't confirmed but those other 3 characters sound right. I don't mind an MK guy in there because... Well I love MK. However, I don't really follow the comics and I know who Martian Manhunter is so Im pretty surprised he's not in there. Did they say they will only have 4 characters or is there a chance for more?

I think it's safe to say it's gonna be 4, since it was like that in MK9.

But shit, these are disappointing. Black Canary, Elongated Man, fucking Zatanna, The Question, Adam Strange, Brainiac, Captain Cold, Parasite... There's a ton of cool characters in DC that could have been used without resorting to including a character from the Bat family which pretty much nobody wants in this roster.

#81 Edited by Sackmanjones (4711 posts) -

<p>Mods, I just accidentally flagged someone in here. I apologize. Not a fan of the mobile site....</p>

#82 Posted by Atom (204 posts) -

I say it'll be Dark Seid, Martian Manhunter and... either Power or Super Girl.

I wish Booster Gold would make the cut, tho.

#83 Edited by TooSweet (388 posts) -

So many to choose from. I'd like Plastic Man, Booster Gold, Huntress, Black Canary, Bat-Girl some Legion of Superheroes (Karate Kid or Ferro). For villains Cheetah, Mirror Master, Mordru or Clarion the Witch Boy, Black Manta. Finally one of my fall time favorites Terra. I know I'm in the minority for that that one but that Judas Contract storyline was so awesome. New stages I'd love to see a Legion of Superheroes board.

How could I forget Jonah Hex, Batman Beyond and Stargirl? Ok, that's enough of me and my dream characters for the game.

#84 Edited by donfonzie (206 posts) -

@klei said:

@ghostiet said:

@humphreys said:

@klei said:

I meant Robin as the actual Robin. Not in his big-boy Nightwing suit. I meant the red suit guy with the hood and the staff, just like in Arkham City. I don't like Nightwing all that much.

I believe you are thinking about Tim Drake, the third robin, who was in Arkham City.

#85 Posted by Undeadpool (4948 posts) -

Martian Manhunter is almost a certainty. Wouldn't mind seeing a Talon (good or evil) or, and now I'm reaching...

#86 Posted by Genfuyung (236 posts) -

I guess swamp thing would be way too much to ask.

#87 Edited by Demoskinos (14871 posts) -

GUYS. LOBO TRAILER. AND HE LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING.

#88 Edited by Barrock (3536 posts) -

Leaked list started off with it's only decent character if it's true. Why the fuck would anyone want Batgirl?

Would've loved if Lobo's super involved Dawg.

#89 Edited by MrMazz (986 posts) -

Part of me really wants the Red Hood, but that really should just be a Nightwing skin.

My real hope is for Black Manta to show up. Because that is another chance for Billy Dee Williams to voice him.

Metallo or Parasite could be fun

Captain Boomarang because that screams zone

#90 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

GUYS. LOBO TRAILER. AND HE LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING.

Shit...he looks awesome. Any word on a release date yet?

#91 Edited by Demoskinos (14871 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: I'd hazard to guess next month. If you look at the fine print on the Season Pass stuff it says all the content will be out by August 2013. So that is basically means one release a month.

#92 Posted by Epidehl (302 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: Ed Boon said May 7th on twitter, not sure why nowhere else.

I'm also glad that they're adding the one other Batman costume I would want. Knight of Vengence (Flashpoint) Batman is awesome, though I hope some other characters get some costume love too.

#93 Posted by DarkShaper (1337 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: At the panel where the trailer was unveiled they said May 7th.

#94 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@darkshaper:

@epidehl said:

@mariachimacabre: Ed Boon said May 7th on twitter, not sure why nowhere else.

I'm also glad that they're adding the one other Batman costume I would want. Knight of Vengence (Flashpoint) Batman is awesome, though I hope some other characters get some costume love too.

Thanks guys. Oh and Batman's costume selection isn't complete without either Gotham By Gaslight and/or Dark Knight Returns costume. Make it happen, Boon! I want steampunk Batman.

#95 Posted by ahgunsillyo (455 posts) -

Since Batman has easily the most recognizable supporting cast of characters, having another Batman ally or villain in there would probably be the easiest to sell. However, I personally think that that would be kind of a waste of potential; there are already five Batman characters in the game, so it'd be nice to get some other characters from different franchises for a change.

Considering that there isn't really a villain specific to The Flash in the game yet, it would probably be cool to get a character like Gorilla Grodd or Captain Cold in there. I'd probably think that the former is a lot more enticing, considering that Killer Frost is already an ice-themed character and Grodd is, you know, a gorilla. A gorilla that talks and utilizes mind control, no less.

Aquaman doesn't really have a villain in there, either, so maybe Black Manta would be pretty cool to utilize, but I can't really see him sporting many flashy moves, at least ones that aren't similar to those of Aquaman, so there are probably a lot of other characters that make a better transition into a fighting game. Admittedly, I'm not very well-versed with Black Manta as a character, so for all I know, he could actually be a really good choice.

In terms of heroes, considering they already have three of the five Teen Titans that were on the show (with Khary Payton even voicing Cyborg and yelling "Booyah!"), maybe Starfire or Beast Boy might be good bets. Each could have some pretty cool moves, especially Beast Boy, since he could have different animal transformations as special moves. That'd probably be kind of expensive in terms of assets to produce for the character, though, so maybe that's asking a little too much.

Hopefully, they also come out with a bunch of cool new skins as well, even though you'd probably have to pay for them. It seems kind of silly to have only three skins for Superman in the standard game (not including pre-order bonuses, collector's edition skins, or the one that you can get through the iOS game), and there are a whole bunch of really cool and varied Superman designs, like the one from Batman Beyond, the black "recovery suit" with the mullet, and the "Electric Blue" costume from the 90s. The same goes for nearly every character there, at least when it comes to the heroes. I can only think of one other design for "Lex in a Powersuit," and that's just the more classic comic book design.

#96 Edited by LiquidPrince (15962 posts) -

Give me Power Girl.

#97 Posted by Undeadpool (4948 posts) -

Would also love someone a bit more obscure like Blue Devil or Ragman. Then again, I've got a soft spot for Shadowpact.

#98 Posted by IroN1c (510 posts) -

I don't know if it's on the international Facebook page, but the German Injustice Page just revealed two additional skins apparently coming with the Lobo DLC.

Classic Harley Quinn

and Teen Titan Cyborg

#99 Posted by NinjaTard (151 posts) -

They did a "teaser" on Facebook the other day. The next DLC skins will be Classic Harley, Teen Titan Cyborn, that Pre New 52 Wonder Woman costume with the jeans and leather jacket, and Black Adam (although this is just the popular speculation from what I saw).

Freaking hate that we don't get Black Canary or any Watchmen....Scorpion is OK but I'd have rather kept it comic book crazy and had them put in like Howard the Duck or something.

#100 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

@epidehl said:
@demoskinos said:

@ghostiet said:

@soulstoner said:

Lobo

Batgirl

Zod

Scorpion

Batgirl? Seriously?

Man, I really hope these aren't real. The fact Lobo would end up being the best DLC character is straight-up tragic.

Well, it looks like the leaked list has some legs to it. EventHubs just posted this story about Batgirl being in Injustice. Needless to say, this kinda bums me out. I think I'm more upset the Scorpion might be in the game. I was hoping they would've kept these games separate. Some day Jonah Hex... some day. :-(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.