Harley Quinn vs. Wonder Woman (best stage transition ever)

#1 Posted by Lukeweizer (2706 posts) -

FYI: I'm stuck on IE 8 at work, so I have the basic text area. No embedding or line breaks! - New "Battle Arena" video released. Killer Croc's appearance explained about half way through the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtHpLes2kK0&list;=HL1360355105&feature;=mh_lolz

#2 Posted by UlquioKani (1125 posts) -

Is this Mortal Kombat with DC superheroes? I could get into that.

#3 Posted by altairre (1215 posts) -

Here you go:

That's the first round:

#4 Posted by psylah (2181 posts) -

THIS GAME IS SEXIST WHY MUST THE WOMEN BE RELEGATED TO FIGHTING IN THE KITCHEN GET PATRICK KLEPEK IN HERE

#5 Posted by Lukeweizer (2706 posts) -
@UlquioKani

It seems to be a similar feel and concepts (juggle juggle juggle), but one of the producers said its a different button config and you can change the directional inputs to work like Street Fighter.
#6 Posted by Lukeweizer (2706 posts) -
@altairre Thanks a lot for doing that.
#7 Posted by MildMolasses (3224 posts) -

Who knew that WW was such a filthy cheater

#8 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3882 posts) -

@UlquioKani said:

There are changes but it seems quite similar.

And wow, those videos look so awesome. The transitions are WAY better than they were in MK vs DC. So great.

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (15013 posts) -

@psylah said:

THIS GAME IS SEXIST WHY MUST THE WOMEN BE RELEGATED TO FIGHTING IN THE KITCHEN GET PATRICK KLEPEK IN HERE

Ha!

#10 Posted by Optix12 (621 posts) -

Not really watched much of this game running. If those combos are that organic in general gameplay then i am definitely considering obtaining this.

#11 Posted by RockyRaccoon37 (467 posts) -

@psylah said:

HURRRPA DURRRPA WHITE KNIGHTING

#12 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

I like the concept of environmental interactions but i'm wondering if they're a bit overdone here

#13 Posted by Flappy (2300 posts) -

Batman is kind of a dick.

#14 Posted by TheHT (11518 posts) -

This game looks smooth as shit. Great idea to run this little tournament pre-release.

#15 Posted by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

@psylah said:

#16 Posted by Nillcox (21 posts) -

@hbkdx12: Well they can be turned off, so if people don't want to worry about being thrown through a wall or being smashed by a globe, they have the option not to.

#17 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

WTF?! I had no idea this game was so freaking cool!

#18 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5719 posts) -

Tekken length juggles!

#19 Posted by Undeadpool (4958 posts) -

These, along with the Hector Sanchez interview on this very site, have convinced me that this game is a Day 1 purchase (unless I see anything that contradicts the awesomeness on display in both those).

#20 Edited by BaconGames (3487 posts) -

You press back to block. BACK TO BLOCK PEOPLE! My MK lizard brain can't process that.

Oh, I'm super excited to see more and punch dudes and dudettes and non-dudes.

#21 Posted by cmblasko (1282 posts) -

Looks fun, I can see this game picking up steam and replacing Mortal Kombat at Evo. Still boggles my mind how they manage to make iconic character designs look so ugly in their engine, though.

#22 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Not really a fan of Wonder Woman's character model. She looks kind of weird for some reason.

#23 Posted by 49th (2783 posts) -

Woooooow, that was really cool. Hadn't seen anything of this game yet, I like how interactive the stage is.

#24 Edited by csl316 (8959 posts) -

Looks great.

That Batman combo at 1:40, yikes.

#25 Edited by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

I love that those are Arkham City models in that HQ vs. WW fight.

@Hailinel said:

Not really a fan of Wonder Woman's character model. She looks kind of weird for some reason.

I think it's her face - it looks hella manish.
#26 Posted by probablytuna (3728 posts) -

Ok, so they're reusing Killer Croc, Penguin, Two-Face and The Riddler models from Arkham City. Why not just reuse the AC Batman model? It looks so much better than the dumb looking one they have right now.

#27 Posted by Zacagawea (1599 posts) -

Comic book Bane looks prrrrretttttyyyy silly.

#28 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3882 posts) -

@probablytuna said:

Ok, so they're reusing Killer Croc, Penguin, Two-Face and The Riddler models from Arkham City. Why not just reuse the AC Batman model? It looks so much better than the dumb looking one they have right now.

There's going to be alternate costumes and I'm sure they'll have a more traditional looking Batman.

I like almost all the designs but I don't like Batman's mask as is.

#30 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

@psylah said:

he could take the biggest dick

#31 Posted by psylah (2181 posts) -

@Red12b said:

@Kidavenger said:

@psylah said:

he could take the biggest dick

If I squint he kind of looks like Sigourney Weaver. Yeah. This could work.

#32 Posted by Gahzoo (361 posts) -

@BaconGames said:

You press back to block. BACK TO BLOCK PEOPLE! My MK lizard brain can't process that.

Oh, I'm super excited to see more and punch dudes and dudettes and non-dudes.

Back to block?

Suddenly I'm hella interested in playing this with my bros. (one of them is a big DC guy anyways)

#33 Posted by JoeyRavn (4992 posts) -

I'm so glad they gave Diana some pants.

#34 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5841 posts) -

I like how Harley Quinn got knocked into that room and then everyone started beating on her for no apparent reason.

#35 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

@probablytuna said:

There's going to be alternate costumes and I'm sure they'll have a more traditional looking Batman.

I like almost all the designs but I don't like Batman's mask as is.

For example, the New 52 costumes are available if you pick up either the Collectors or Battle edition, but I'm sure they'll be available as DLC later on.

#36 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1471 posts) -

I have to admit, I laughed when Harley Quinn's toy gun malfunctioned.

#37 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Wonder Woman looks like a dude. At least they got Harley Quinn right.

Besides that, game looks incredible. I'm really hyped after seeing the batman bane fight and the arkham asylum stage

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.