IGN is not impressed.

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Wait... IGN has something negative to say about a new game by a popular developer that created a popular game? 
I'm serious, I'm surprised. I thought they automatically light the hype fire for every new AAA game.

#3 Posted by Baillie (3951 posts) -
#4 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

Who's they? IGN is not a person. Are you even sure the writer who likes Street Fighter is the writer who doesn't like this new game?

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9712 posts) -

They're just upset because GameSpot got the exclusive reveal.

#6 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@Baillie said:

@Bestostero said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/injustice-supermanbatman-as-a-step-backward

This is still a day one sale for me, but I wanted to read what they had to say... but then I remembered how much they praised SFxT. lol

I don't know what's wrong with praising SFxT. I love it.

You know, i did have fun with it for a while, but that's come and gone, maybe that'll change with the patches and dlc characters.

@Brodehouse said:

Who's they? IGN is not a person. Are you even sure the writer who likes Street Fighter is the writer who doesn't like this new game?

well now you're just splitting hairs lol

#7 Posted by Vitor (2786 posts) -

@Bestostero said:

@Baillie said:

@Bestostero said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/injustice-supermanbatman-as-a-step-backward

This is still a day one sale for me, but I wanted to read what they had to say... but then I remembered how much they praised SFxT. lol

I don't know what's wrong with praising SFxT. I love it.

You know, i did have fun with it for a while, but that's come and gone, maybe that'll change with the patches and dlc characters.

@Brodehouse said:

Who's they? IGN is not a person. Are you even sure the writer who likes Street Fighter is the writer who doesn't like this new game?

well now you're just splitting hairs lol

Uh, not really. If GB did a preview of a fighting game I'd expect it to be by Brad and Jeff and not Ryan due to their differing tastes. Sites are made up from a plurality of opinions so saying that 'IGN thinks this' is pretty dumb considering the amount of people working there.

#8 Posted by ch3burashka (4900 posts) -

I thought it was kind of humorous, that one day the internet explodes with OMG NetherRealm is making a superhero fighting game, and the next is The game kinda sucks...

#9 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

To be fair, when I first heard of this game, I thought that NR was basically admitting defeat somehow. I don't know. It was weird to hear of this game after they actually pulled off the first amazing Mortal Kombat in years.
 
Then it had time to sit and now I'm pretty stoked about it. New 52 DC fighting game by the people who made Mortal Kombat? Sign me up!

#10 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

IGN will say pretty much anything to get you to click on their website. This game wont even be out until next year, so dedicating an article saying how the fighting is "off" is a stupid waste of time.

#11 Posted by PSNgamesun (373 posts) -

Didn't they gave mk a half ass review.....

#12 Posted by Bulby33 (521 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

They're just upset because GameSpot got the exclusive reveal.

#13 Posted by PenguinDust (12413 posts) -

"The snippet of Injustice I saw..."

That tells us a lot right off the bat. This game is a year off, so I wouldn't read too much into these inadequate presentations. And, this is a DC licensed game so I would never expect the gut-ripping violence of a Mortal Kombat game anyway. I think it's way too early to make any sort of judgment other than "excited by the idea" or not.

#14 Posted by Strife777 (1428 posts) -

I really liked the last Mortal Kombat and Netherrealm is definitely a great studio, so I'm pretty curious about this one. I guess we'll see more at E3.

#15 Posted by JasonR86 (9363 posts) -

Who cares?

#16 Posted by Hailinel (22668 posts) -

@Baillie said:

@Bestostero said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/injustice-supermanbatman-as-a-step-backward

This is still a day one sale for me, but I wanted to read what they had to say... but then I remembered how much they praised SFxT. lol

I don't know what's wrong with praising SFxT. I love it.

Yeah, SFxT is fun. I can understand why some don't like it, but liking the game isn't a sign of anything bad in and of itself.

#17 Posted by Quarters (1545 posts) -

Sounded like he was mainly just fussing about there not being gore. Which is ridiculous.

#18 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6077 posts) -
#19 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Maybe, just maybe they're legitimately not impressed.

#20 Posted by Legxend (124 posts) -

From the article I get the impression they want this to be Mortal Kombat just because it's NetherRealm developing the game which is an insane attitude to have.

#21 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I will continue to not like the fighting games the ex-Midway guys make and will continue to ignore them. Hopefully they'll go away?

#22 Posted by IBurningStar (2145 posts) -

People still care about IGN, lol.

#23 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4866 posts) -

@Vitor: Yeah, you seriously are splitting hairs.

#24 Posted by ma_rc_01 (353 posts) -

@Vitor said:

@Bestostero said:

@Baillie said:

@Bestostero said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/injustice-supermanbatman-as-a-step-backward

This is still a day one sale for me, but I wanted to read what they had to say... but then I remembered how much they praised SFxT. lol

I don't know what's wrong with praising SFxT. I love it.

You know, i did have fun with it for a while, but that's come and gone, maybe that'll change with the patches and dlc characters.

@Brodehouse said:

Who's they? IGN is not a person. Are you even sure the writer who likes Street Fighter is the writer who doesn't like this new game?

well now you're just splitting hairs lol

Uh, not really. If GB did a preview of a fighting game I'd expect it to be by Brad and Jeff and not Ryan due to their differing tastes. Sites are made up from a plurality of opinions so saying that 'IGN thinks this' is pretty dumb considering the amount of people working there.

I don't want to butt in here, but I do believe that was what we, in the business, call a joke. Notice the use of ''lol'' at the end, lol

#25 Edited by moywar700 (174 posts) -

Why does it have to be dark and gritty? I rather prefer the game to be more like marvel vs capcom. The tone of the game wasn't that serious at all.

#26 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2660 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

Maybe, just maybe their legitimately not impressed.

#27 Edited by yinstarrunner (1170 posts) -

Wow, IGN not hopping on the hype train for once?  I'm impressed.
 
Still, one of their major complaints is that Superman's Super move is too... super?  Sigh.  Is this the kind of thing that makes or breaks a game for some people?

#28 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

That's just ther initial impression, they did say they haven't played it but still it seems like they are nitpicking on a game that isn't coming out for awhile. Yes some of it looks janky but what do you expect? Anyway I didn't find it terribly offensive but I'd wish theyd wait to make ther impressions later

#29 Edited by KaneRobot (1262 posts) -

@PSNgamesun said:

Didn't they gave mk a half ass review.....

They gave it an 8 (overall). If you mean half-ass in terms of quality of the writing in the review...maybe, I honestly don't know. You couldn't pay me to read anything on IGN. Well, unless you paid me like 50 bucks. That's a lot just to read something.

#30 Posted by Dany (7886 posts) -

Its Greg Miller.

That explains the article.

#31 Posted by JSwan13 (272 posts) -

Stop reading IGN.

#32 Posted by darkvare (742 posts) -

as soon as i saw the game i instantly had memories of that un released sequel to marvel nemesis and that's not good at all

#33 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4035 posts) -

Look, I drew a picture of how much I give a fuck about what they think.

#34 Posted by sethysquare (21 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

They're just upset because GameSpot got the exclusive reveal.

Thats what I thought. LOL.

#35 Posted by NMC2008 (1164 posts) -

Mortal Kombat was too good.

#36 Posted by DeF (4688 posts) -
#37 Posted by not_a_bumblebee (24 posts) -

IGN can go suck eggs.  I have no thoughts on Injustice.  Way too early to tell but IGN sucks the proverbial donkey phallus.

#38 Posted by pornstorestiffi (4905 posts) -

His opinion is just as valid as any other gaming journalist. He just doesn't happen to like it that much, don't see the big deal here really.

#39 Posted by sethysquare (21 posts) -
#40 Posted by RazielCuts (2711 posts) -

I'm surprised users of GiantBomb (who I presume to be smart people) still go to IGN.

#41 Posted by ozzdog12 (845 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

Who cares?

Exactly

#42 Posted by UtamiJogjaf1 (25 posts) -

i do not care.ign have not give me any impression.just know this game website.

#43 Posted by JackOhara (227 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

Who cares?

#44 Edited by Hunter5024 (5160 posts) -

I'm not impressed yet either, but only because with the exception of Nightwing and Cyborg, so far the character announcements have been kind of obvious and bland. What I mean to say is they should announce someone crazy and interesting like Swamp Thing or someone whose not in and out of The Justice League all the time.

#45 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

I'm not either. Looks like a boring MK mod.

#46 Edited by drwrong (14 posts) -

You could call this game Batman and friends: Gods among us and it wouldn’t make a damn difference.

Can’t we have a DC game for once that doesn’t Batman characters at the forefront? You know there are more characters in the DCU than just Superman, Batman and friends.

#47 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

N-N-N-N-NECRO THREAD!

#48 Posted by StarvingGamer (7546 posts) -

@drwrong said:

You could call this game Batman and friends: Gods among us and it wouldn’t make a damn difference.

Can’t we have a DC game for once that doesn’t Batman characters at the forefront? You know there are more characters in the DCU than just Superman, Batman and friends.

And none of those characters matter to anyone outside of the core DC audience. Nothing is more mainstream than Batman and you gotta make your numbers.

#49 Posted by egg (1339 posts) -

I can't take this game seriously because of Superman levitating.

#50 Posted by drwrong (14 posts) -

@StarvingGamer:

You can still put Batman as the lead in promos and add in other characters as well. It’s good to have some variety and not just have a bunch of Batman characters.

I'm not gonna complain though. Nothing I can do about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.