Injustice is on sale for $35 at Toys "R" Us (4/28-5/04)

#1 Edited by ahgunsillyo (443 posts) -

If you've been on the fence about Injustice and were waiting for the price to drop before you pick it up, now is probably a good time. This week (April 28-May 4), all three versions of the game are on sale for $34.99 at Toys "R" Us (the link is for buying online, but the price is also available in stores and the site also offers free in-store pickup).

It's a bit weird that the price would be this low only two weeks past the launch date, but regardless of the reasoning behind the sale, $35 seems like a pretty great deal. With that discount, you could buy a Season Pass for the game and still be under the standard price for the game alone.

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14561 posts) -

Hmm... I hope this doesn't indicate that this hasn't been doing well. I mean it has DC Superheroes in it with Batman and Joker all over it. That has to draw even some of the casual crowd in or at least you'd think....

#3 Posted by Zeik (2220 posts) -

Hrm, I wasn't really planning to pick this up right now, but that is tempting...

@demoskinos: Sales like this happen all the time with new games. I remember I got Portal 2 for less than half price barely a week after it launched.

#4 Posted by Winternet (8004 posts) -

I don't know, but I feel like games are getting price discounts closer and closer to its launch, even if they had good sales numbers. But, also what's good sales numbers anymore?

#5 Posted by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

Ok, I will have to get this.

#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (7991 posts) -

Hmmm, NCR is giving me that itch to go into the lab and make some combo videos. It's been a while. Maybe I'll pick this up.

Man, do I hate that stage stuff though.

#7 Edited by ahgunsillyo (443 posts) -

@demoskinos: I was thinking about that as well as I was typing up the original post, but I realized that Toys "R" Us has basically been having some sort of sale on the game every week since the game launched, mostly consisting of free additional stuff like action figures and strategy guides. Toys "R" Us didn't get any retailer-exclusive skins or DLC or anything like that, so maybe these freebies and discounts are an answer to that? I don't know how that kind of business goes about, so I could easily be wrong.

And like everyone else said, this tends to happen nowadays regardless of how well the game is doing, so who knows, really?

#8 Edited by MrMazz (915 posts) -

this is how I picked up the game and am loving it

#9 Edited by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Toys "R" Us.

I like that. Wow, I hate their logo so much. I refuse to shop there.

I would actually like to try the game, though. Some day. Hopefully on PC.

#10 Posted by bigjeffrey (4774 posts) -

I actually want to get this game but i HATE fighting games HATE HATE.

That is why DIVE KICK IS THE FUTURE.

#11 Posted by gaminghooligan (1407 posts) -

Thanks for the scoop! I think I'll be getting this now, thought I would wait for the version with all the DLC but for this price I can see myself just buying a season pass or whatever.

#12 Posted by TAFAE (150 posts) -

There must be a weird Netherrealm+Toys 'R' Us thing, they were selling MK9 for $30 like a week after release too. Super weird, but for this price I might end up buying Injustice after all.

#13 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1383 posts) -

But, I'm suppose to be saving. Drats!

#14 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Yes! I was waiting for a deal like this. Can't wait to play it.

#15 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6185 posts) -

I want to learn the game mechanics but no moneyyy!!! :(

#16 Posted by Shakezula84 (443 posts) -

I have no excuse to not get it now. Hopefully ill have some extra money on payday.

#17 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@zeik said:

Hrm, I wasn't really planning to pick this up right now, but that is tempting...

@demoskinos: Sales like this happen all the time with new games. I remember I got Portal 2 for less than half price barely a week after it launched.

Yeah, but that's Portal, Valve loves discounting their games even close to release. But if you're saying not on steam, that is interesting.

#18 Posted by Zeik (2220 posts) -

@zeik said:

Yeah, but that's Portal, Valve loves discounting their games even close to release. But if you're saying not on steam, that is interesting.

It was the PS3 version, on Amazon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.