Injustice the persona 4 arena of the Arkham games.

#1 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/21/injustice-season-pass-includes-4-characters-bonus-costumes/

This trailer seems to suggest that injustice is cannon with the ending of Arkham City. Harley talks about how the joker is dead and that the joker in injustice aint the joker. So it its very possible that the joker in this game is actually clayface. It was a common theory after arkham city when clay face fell into the Lazarus pit, he went crazy and really believed he was the joker. I thought this had nothing to do with the arkham games, so that kinda freaked me out. This is like the persona 4 arena of the arkham games.

#2 Edited by Camoufrage (84 posts) -

I guess it's possible, but I would think they they would have said it was canon by now in order to get more hype for the game if this were true.

#3 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

Well they also use the same designs for croc, riddler and penguin as the arkham games. Also the costume harley is wearing is from her arkham city DLC.

#4 Posted by Camoufrage (84 posts) -

@jz: I did notice Scarecrow looked the same as he did in Arkham Asylum, thought that was pretty sweet. The designs are pretty much the same for most characters now that I look at it. Hard for me to think that all the other DC Universe superheroes would plop into the Arkham universe out of nowhere (even if they should be there)

#5 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

Spoilers dude.

#6 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Arkham city is two years old. If you haven't played it yet, that one is on you.

They put a spoiler in a public trailer, we are past the window.

#7 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

I hadn't gotten around to it yet :(

#8 Posted by probablytuna (3667 posts) -

Maybe this is also sets up the next Rocksteady Arkham game. I mean they're rumoured to be making a Justice League game right? Albeit set in the Silver Age of the comics.

Also:

Spoilers dude.

#9 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Sorry the world or the industry can't wait just for you. It's two years old practically ancient by videogame standards.

#10 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19345 posts) -

No, the trailer is in reference to the ongoing prologue comic. This has nothing to do with Arkham City.

#11 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -

No, the trailer is in reference to the ongoing prologue comic. This has nothing to do with Arkham City.

Yeah. DC got in touch with them to create their own story. You can tell because certain characters exist in the Injustice canon that doesn't in Arkham canon, like Damien Wayne.

Also: Comic spoilers ahead:

The reason it's implied that The Joker is dead in Injustice isn't because he died in Arkham City, it's because Superman kills him in the comic.

#12 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5492 posts) -

IGNerator title

#13 Posted by RyuHayabusa (23 posts) -

@jz said:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/21/injustice-season-pass-includes-4-characters-bonus-costumes/

This trailer seems to suggest that injustice is cannon with the ending of Arkham City. Harley talks about how the joker is dead and that the joker in injustice aint the joker. So it its very possible that the joker in this game is actually clayface. It was a common theory after arkham city when clay face fell into the Lazarus pit, he went crazy and really believed he was the joker. I thought this had nothing to do with the arkham games, so that kinda freaked me out. This is like the persona 4 arena of the arkham games.

This Game has nothing to do with Arkham city.

Spoiler

#14 Edited by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

@ryuhayabusa: So awesome superman fatality confirmed? Cause man if I had powers like that I'd be impaling everything on my arms.

#15 Posted by Hunter5024 (5688 posts) -

This Game has nothing to do with Arkham city.

Spoiler

Christ. I really do have to read these.

#16 Edited by Wampa1 (672 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.