Is anyone excited for Injustice: Gods Among Us?

#1 Posted by cheishxc (92 posts) -

I'm not a super into fighting games. I played only little bits of SF, MvC, etc. etc. that being said I'm sort of looking forward to Injustice: Gods Among Us. I'm not expecting it to be groundbreaking or revolutionary but fun nonetheless. It doesn't seem like it's generating any buzz (aside from a paid Kevin Smith ad on the fatman on batman podcast) anybody else looking forward to it or are you guys just going to pass on it?

#2 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

As someone who has only a cursory interest in fighting games, this one is completely off my radar.

#3 Posted by Vanek (382 posts) -

It looks interesting but I just can't spend money on fighting games anymore. I never feel like I'm getting my moneys worth because I never want to explore the depth of any fighting system and thus I play the single player and then never touch it again. As I said, it does look interesting, especially the environmental interaction, but I won't be getting it. I haven't exactly seen a lot of coverage for it either so I'm not even tempted as with most other fighting games.

#4 Posted by project343 (2818 posts) -

I don't think NetherRealms can make a compelling enough fighting game without the spectacle of gore. So no, I'm not excited. This just looks like Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe all over again.

#5 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2365 posts) -

Aquaman was confirmed so it will be a shitty game.

I'd probably get it when it's $20 and some of my homies have it.

#6 Posted by Beaker (94 posts) -

Nah, I'm not really into fighting games.

#7 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

I like batman and shit so yeah

#8 Edited by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

I like fighting games. I really don't care for DC. This game is looking pretty solid though. Might have to check it out.

#9 Posted by elko84 (1063 posts) -

I'm interested, only because NetherRealm Studios are the only fighting games I enjoy playing.

#10 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I enjoyed Mortal Kombat, even though I'm generally pretty bad at fighting games...I might have to check it out. Though I'll admit I have no love for DC beyond Batman.

#11 Posted by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -

Loved the last Mortal Kombat. Mechanically, aesthetically, conceptually.

I used to really love DC comics, but I fell out of reading comics and graphic novels a while back.

Basically, I think this game will be a lot of fun, but it's only going to appeal to a specific market sub-set. Comic fans won't universally flock to it, fighting game fans probably won't get too heady about its systems. Only the slim ovular middleground of that Venn Diagram will have their tastes massaged by it. And I think that sort of sucks, because again, I'm sure it'll be a quality title.

#12 Edited by Nilazz (613 posts) -

I sure am! Can't wait to kick batman in the junk!

#13 Posted by Grimluck343 (1149 posts) -

I don't think NetherRealms can make a compelling enough fighting game without the spectacle of gore. So no, I'm not excited. This just looks like Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe all over again.

I didn't think MKvDCu was that bad, actually. It wasn't perfect, but it was fun to pick up and play with friends.

#14 Posted by Epidehl (286 posts) -

As a big fan of both Netherrealm and the DCU, this is probably my most anticipated game for the year. Part of me wants to actually try and get really good at this game just to kick some ass with Aquaman.

#15 Posted by strikeAG (14 posts) -

@cheishxc said:

It doesn't seem like it's generating any buzz (aside from a paid Kevin Smith ad on the fatman on batman podcast) anybody else looking forward to it or are you guys just going to pass on it?

Really looking forward to it. Missed out real multiplayer Mortal Kombat since it's banned in Australia, pretty fond of the DC characters and all the video of Injustice looks great so yeah, probably day one purchase.

#16 Posted by cheishxc (92 posts) -

Basically, I think this game will be a lot of fun, but it's only going to appeal to a specific market sub-set. Comic fans won't universally flock to it, fighting game fans probably won't get too heady about its systems. Only the slim ovular middleground of that Venn Diagram will have their tastes massaged by it. And I think that sort of sucks, because again, I'm sure it'll be a quality title.

I agree.

#17 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I think it looks real dumb, and it in a good way.

#18 Posted by sopachuco13 (392 posts) -

I hope that they do as good a job with the story mode as they did in Mortal Kombat. I thought the story mode in that game was truely fun and interesting to play through, even multiple times.

#19 Posted by sopachuco13 (392 posts) -

I though MKvs.DC was pretty underwhelming. I didn't like the way he characters moved. I thought the characters in MK were much more responsive.

#20 Posted by egg (1456 posts) -

I have been following Injustice purely out of interest in DC characters. But being that it's a fighting game, it's not something I would ever buy. But if it was on handheld I'd consider it.

#21 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

It's a NetherRealm game so I'll be playing it.

#22 Posted by BeardStrokingBullshit (5 posts) -
#23 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7079 posts) -

Yeah I'm liking what I've seen of it so far and I love DC. Plus it looks like they made Aquaman seem awesome. HE SUMMONS AN ARMY OF 50 FOOT CRABS. Love it.

#24 Posted by JasonR86 (9659 posts) -

I'm sure someone is. I think the fighting looks good. Because it looks like the last Mortal Kombat.

#25 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

I'm not that big a fan of DC comics but I'm really excited about this game. It looks really solid from all the footage they've released and green arrow looks fucking awesome.

Also this

I hope that they do as good a job with the story mode as they did in Mortal Kombat. I thought the story mode in that game was truely fun and interesting to play through, even multiple times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.