Is "Skin" DLC a Possibility?

#1 Edited by Nonused (221 posts) -

I don't mean like the costumes that every hero's getting already; I mean offering different DC characters as costume sets. Like, could they model a Red Arrow with a different VA and Green Arrow's move set? I would buy that. I would buy that twice.

Any heroes you'd like to see put in via this method?

#2 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Well I mean...that Batman costume that appears to come with Lobo is actually Thomas Wayne. I doubt it has a different VA but it's technically a totally different character.

#3 Posted by Shortbreadtom (848 posts) -

Knowing how die hard some comic book fans are, would there not be outrage over certain characters being treated as if they were the same?

#4 Posted by TheHT (11686 posts) -

They did Batman Beyond for Bats, so probably.

#5 Edited by Epidehl (323 posts) -

@theht: That doesn't change the voice or anything though.

Technically the "Arrow" DLC for Green Arrow is what you're asking about, as it changes his voice. So it IS possible, not very likely though. Also, it wouldn't really apply to many characters, except that maybe the rumored Zod DLC could just be a skin/voice change for Superman.

#6 Edited by TheHT (11686 posts) -

@epidehl said:

Technically the "Arrow" DLC for Green Arrow is what you're asking about, as it changes his voice. So it IS possible, not very likely though. Also, it wouldn't really apply to many characters, except that maybe the rumored Zod DLC could just be a skin/voice change for Superman.

if it means getting more interesting skins out there, not having a new voice is acceptable. i imagine new voicework would be more costly.

#7 Edited by MrMazz (1036 posts) -

New voice over is probably more expensive then NRS or WB would want. That said I would KILL for a Red Hood Nightwing alt.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (15111 posts) -

@theht said:

@epidehl said:

if it means getting more interesting skins out there, not having a new voice is acceptable. i imagine new voicework would be more costly.

They already have very specific intro and win animations for each costume. The evil super man has a entirely different intro/win animation than the regular one.

#9 Posted by Snail (8648 posts) -
@theht said:

They did Batman Beyond for Bats, so probably.

But not with a different voice actor right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.