Killer Croc just confirmed?

#1 Edited by ozzdog12 (859 posts) -
#2 Edited by Snail (8594 posts) -

Not sure how I feel about Killer Croc, but it'd pretty cool if he's playable in this game. I'd assume he is, judging by that screenshot.

#3 Posted by TheHT (11128 posts) -

Probably a particular stage interaction.

#4 Posted by Legxend (124 posts) -

I think this might just be an Arkhamverse stage that is in the game.

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10884 posts) -

What about Aquaman? Has he been confirmed yet?! HAS HE?!

#6 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4191 posts) -

Penguin and Riddler in the background! ~ I kinda wish they would double up on the Superman universe characters. Batman's cool, but.. Superman New 52!, they gotta bring something!! :/

#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7076 posts) -

I love the Arkham Asylum Killer Croc so this is good news.

#8 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I'm still holding out for Raven and Starfire.

#9 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7076 posts) -
@ImmortalSaiyan

New 52 Starfire wouldn't be able to fight lest she fell out of her bikini. :/
#10 Edited by LackingSaint (1784 posts) -

It looks like it's just the Arkham Universe as a stage, what with the exact Arkham designs for Killer Croc, Penguin and Riddler being there.

#11 Posted by RupertTheBear (184 posts) -

I hope the villain roster gets more diversified other then adding more villains from Batman's rouge gallery now that we have Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Joker and Deathstroke (He is diversified but has a strong grudge against Batman and Green Arrow).

Plus i hate to say it but i wouldn't mind seeing some type of dlc expansion show other sets of character such as Flash's rouge gallery or the other lantern corp

#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@ImmortalSaiyan

I just typed that into google. That is really what she looks like now? Awful, I don't read the comics but remember liking the Teen Titans show years ago.

#13 Edited by Poppduder (460 posts) -

I don't think any of the 3 villain characters pictured in that screen shot are playable in Injustice.  If you look, you'll notice that they're just the Arkham City models. Given the changes Netherrealm has made to the other characters, I think they'd put a bit more effort into these if they were playable.

#14 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

I don't know what the rights for the character are like, but I really hope they add Swamp Thing.

#15 Posted by Sean2206 (264 posts) -

I doubt this is what they look like in game or if a character like Riddler or penguin would be playable at all. I'd say Croc is playable but Penguin and Riddler are probably just campaign characters or stage background characters> they also all look like direct Arkham models and the way Croc's hands clip through Flash's head make this seem like more of an announcement of Croc or all of these characters and I'd say they'll look very different if they do end up being in the game.

#16 Posted by Snail (8594 posts) -

@ThePaleKing said:

I don't know what the rights for the character are like, but I really hope they add Swamp Thing.

Oh dude.

That's a different continuity right? Like it's not part of this whole superhero canon, is it? It would still be something else. Not sure how I would feel about that either though.

#17 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3855 posts) -

@Snail said:

@ThePaleKing said:

Oh dude.

That's a different continuity right? Like it's not part of this whole superhero canon, is it? It would still be something else. Not sure how I would feel about that either though.

Isn't Swamp Thing a Vertigo title or am I wrong? I know DC owns that but I wonder if they'd delve into those characters.

#18 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3791 posts) -

I'd wager a lot that it's just part of the story. There are going to be a lot of characters in this game that are just that.

Penguin and Riddler in the back only make me feel more certain.

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Snail said:

@ThePaleKing said:

Oh dude.

Isn't Swamp Thing a Vertigo title or am I wrong? I know DC owns that but I wonder if they'd delve into those characters.

It seems like that could be something for DLC. Boon has said this about Lobo, he likes the character but it isn't a good fit for their story but he'd like it for DLC.

#19 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Snail said:

@ThePaleKing said:

Oh dude.

Swamp Thing is part of DC, Animal Man and Swamp Thing have been having some AMAZING crossovers with each other.

#20 Edited by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

I'd wager a lot that it's just part of the story. There are going to be a lot of characters in this game that are just that.

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Snail said:

@ThePaleKing said:

Oh dude.

It seems like that could be something for DLC. Boon has said this about Lobo, he likes the character but it isn't a good fit for their story but he'd like it for DLC.

Oh man Lobo would be hilarious.

As for Swamp Thing, I'm only familiar with the Alan Moore run, but I'm pretty sure he was created by and for DC. It would be difficult to fit him into a fighting game though, since he's not the kind of character who is willing to just go around beating the crap out of other people.

#21 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@TheHT said:

Probably a particular stage interaction.

That's my guess too. I mean, we already have Bane as the "Really fucking big Batman villain" and Solomon Grundy as the "Really fucking big villain that kind of fights everyone". I love big guys in fighting games, but another one? Really?

@RupertTheBear said:

I hope the villain roster gets more diversified other then adding more villains from Batman's rouge gallery now that we have Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Joker and Deathstroke (He is diversified but has a strong grudge against Batman and Green Arrow).

Plus i hate to say it but i wouldn't mind seeing some type of dlc expansion show other sets of character such as Flash's rouge gallery or the other lantern corp

Deathstroke and Solomon Grundy are more general, so yeah, not really Batman. I still think FOUR Batman enemies is kind of overkill(Bane, Harley, Joker, Catwoman). I would love to see another Lantern Corp, but hey, what can we do, right?

#22 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3791 posts) -

@ThePaleKing said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Snail said:

@ThePaleKing said:

Oh dude.

Oh man Lobo would be hilarious.

As for Swamp Thing, I'm only familiar with the Alan Moore run, but I'm pretty sure he was created by and for DC. It would be difficult to fit him into a fighting game though, since he's not the kind of character who is willing to just go around beating the crap out of other people.

Yeah you're right here. I mean there's a certain political element here and all with the two sides. I'm not that familiar with Swamp Thing but it doesn't seem like a fit.

#23 Posted by Epidehl (286 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@ImmortalSaiyan

I just typed that into google. That is really what she looks like now? Awful, I don't read the comics but remember liking the Teen Titans show years ago.

To be fair, she kind of always looked like that in the comics. The show was a very different (and much better) design than she's ever had.

And yeah this seems like some kind of Arkham City Stage... thing. I think some retailer has Arkham City costumes for Batman, Catwoman, and the Joker as pre-order bonuses or something, so it would make sense.

#24 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11613 posts) -

I want someone weird and obscure to be the last reveal. Basically, I want John Constantine.

#25 Posted by Nillcox (21 posts) -

Definitely looks like just a stage transition, if Croc was actually playable he'd have his own design, not just his Arkham model. Also you can see Two-Face as well over the Flash's shoulder. And in case anyone missed it, Bane's alternate costume was also seen today.

Bane Alternate Costume
#26 Posted by Nillcox (21 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan: Yes but not 'officially'. He was revealed to be playable in Playstation Magazine, and was then further confirmed by Geoff Johns in a Tweet which was quickly deleted afterwards. No screenshots or footage yet, but he's in.

#27 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@Nillcox said:

Definitely looks like just a stage transition, if Croc was actually playable he'd have his own design, not just his Arkham model. Also you can see Two-Face as well over the Flash's shoulder. And in case anyone missed it, Bane's alternate costume was also seen today.

Bane Alternate Costume

Hell to the Yeah! Holy shit, Bane looks amazing. Did they revealed another alternate costume?

#28 Posted by Nillcox (21 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: Regarding Raven, while we don't know if she's playable yet she is in the game. She can be seen in the back of this screenshot from Xbox magazine.

#29 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10884 posts) -

@Nillcox said:

@MooseyMcMan: Yes but not 'officially'. He was revealed to be playable in Playstation Magazine, and was then further confirmed by Geoff Johns in a Tweet which was quickly deleted afterwards. No screenshots or footage yet, but he's in.

Really?! That's great! I have gone from ironically liking Aquaman to legitimately liking him, so his inclusion in the game increases my chances of buying it SIGNIFICANTLY.

Assuming it's true. Which it seems like it probably is.

Also, I should say that I don't actually read comic books.

#30 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@Nillcox: Oh snap. I hope she is playable. All the other characters in that picture are.

#31 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4191 posts) -

I kinda wish they would throw in Superboy, for good measure. I dunno, Bunker maybe?

#32 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Nillcox said:

Really?! That's great! I have gone from ironically liking Aquaman to legitimately liking him, so his inclusion in the game increases my chances of buying it SIGNIFICANTLY.

Assuming it's true. Which it seems like it probably is.

Also, I should say that I don't actually read comic books.

Have you seen Batman: The Brave and The Bold cartoon? It has the best version of Aquaman ever.

#33 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10884 posts) -

@MikeGosot: I've a couple episodes, and some clips with Aquaman. I don't remember what happened specifically, but I remember liking it.

#34 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

@MikeGosot: I've a couple episodes, and some clips with Aquaman. I don't remember what happened specifically, but I remember liking it.

He's super fun! It looks like the guys doing the cartoon were totally conscious that it's hard to take Aquaman seriously, so they make him a guy that's all like "HEY GUYS! I can help! Right? I can help, yeah. I'm awesome.". My favorite scene is when Aquaman and Batman are fighting bad guys and shit, and Aquaman is talking about writing a book about his life, and he asks Batman: "Are you going to read it?" and Batman answers "I think i'm going to wait for the movie".

It's dumb, but i always liked it.

#35 Posted by Nillcox (21 posts) -

Well the results for the Injustice Battle Arena were posted today. As you can see in the Wonder Woman vs Harley video, Croc and the others are just a part of the stage as we thought. Here's the links for those interested:

Batman vs Bane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWEfLRFCPHs

Wonder Woman vs Harley Quinn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtHpLes2kK0

#36 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

The more Batman the better.

#37 Posted by Nillcox (21 posts) -

Also, possible Robin inclusion, as IGN posted a synopsis and cover for the May issue of the Injustice comic. Here's the details:

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US #5 Written by TOM TAYLOR Art by JHEREMY RAAPACK and TOM DERENICK Cover by DREW JOHNSON On sale MAY 29 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST Based on the upcoming DC fighting game from NetherRealm Studios, creators of Mortal Kombat! Batman has two allies: Damian and Dick Grayson. One is with him, while the other has joined Superman’s cause. The conflict between The Dark Knight and The Man of Steel is about to turn very personal. Plus: The Flash travels to Australia and ponders his own allegiances.

Link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/08/dc-comics-may-2013-solicitations

#38 Posted by LarcenousLaugh (69 posts) -

Just watched the Wonder Woman/Harley fight. Killer Croc is a member of the "gonna punch you through this wall" brigade. Not playable. I would say the fact that they kept the Arkham look kinda gave that away, but nice to anyway.

#39 Posted by Fattony12000 (7281 posts) -
#40 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Probably already answered but it's just a stage transition. Pretty obvious it wasn't playable characters either by how blatantly clear it was that they utilized the Arkham concept art.

#41 Posted by Snail (8594 posts) -

@Blu3V3nom07 said:

I kinda wish they would throw in Superboy, for good measure. I dunno, Bunker maybe?

I don't know if it would be deserving of a character slot, but I guess it would kind of make sense to play as Superboy if you held the triangle button while selecting Superman?

And now I'm wondering if in Tekken 3 you could play as Armor King instead of King by holding down a button while selecting the latter, or if they had completely different slots.

#42 Posted by Undeadpool (4923 posts) -

It's an Arkham Asylum stage interaction, Killer Croc is (almost certainly) NOT ACTUALLY playable.

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@ImmortalSaiyan

To be fair: the whole "bikini" thing was a lot of knee-jerk fanboy reaction to a single issue. Her current look is actually a lot better than her original comic look ever was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.