New Character: Catwoman

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19382 posts) -

It's Catwoman in the upcoming NetherRealm fighting game. I like the whip.

#2 Posted by ShaggE (6690 posts) -

I prefer (pre-fur?) her MK vs. DC look, but she still looks fun to play as. Quite excited.

#3 Posted by FLStyle (4911 posts) -

A little too much Freddy Krueger-style claw action and not enough feline agile fighting-style she's known for. Highly approve of getting the Arkham City voice actor on board though.

#4 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

Why is she wearing so much metal? She's a thief.

#5 Posted by Bestostero (2750 posts) -

knew she'll be added...another Batman related character joins the fray... i hope this doesnt become another Batman featuring other dc characters game.

Harley, Grundy, Catwoman, Nightwing, Batman....all good characters but do we really need all the Bat family characters?

#6 Posted by Hunter5024 (5959 posts) -

Ugh catwoman's the worst.

@Bestostero said:

knew she'll be added...another Batman related character joins the fray... i hope this doesnt become another Batman featuring other dc characters game.

Harley, Grundy, Catwoman, Nightwing, Batman....all good characters but do we really need all the Bat family characters?

Grundy isn't really a Batman character. He's been in some prolific bat stories, but that's not where he got his start or where he appears most often.

#7 Posted by Bestostero (2750 posts) -

@Hunter5024: He may have been introduced as a Green Lantern villain (which happened in Gotham City)and he is somewhat of a shared villain, but he acts mostly in Gotham against Batman for sure.

#8 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

@Bestostero said:

Let's be real about it: The Joker will be a character, but yeah I agree.

#9 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

No Martian Manhunter yet?

#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5959 posts) -

@Bestostero said:

@Hunter5024: He may have been introduced as a Green Lantern villain (which happened in Gotham City)and he is somewhat of a shared villain, but he acts mostly in Gotham against Batman for sure.

Well currently he's in a universe where Batman doesn't even exist, and he's had plenty of encounters with The Justice Society, The Justice League, Green Lantern, and Batman. More of a general DC villain than a Batman one for sure.

#11 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

People will start complaining that Martian ManHunter isn't in the game.We'll have a megaman/MVC3 crisis all over again.

#12 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@moywar700 said:

People will start complaining that Martian ManHunter isn't in the game.We'll have a megaman/MVC3 crisis all over again.

But, but... He's my favorite super hero! And he's so cool!
#13 Posted by Lukeweizer (2763 posts) -

I'm actually surprised they managed to restraint themselves and not show any cleavage. Classy of them.

#14 Posted by Bestostero (2750 posts) -

@punkxblaze said:

@Bestostero said:

Let's be real about it: The Joker will be a character, but yeah I agree.

I wouldn't doubt it, he's already shown to be a background character in the game where he appears in one of the computer monitors in the Batcave stage(?)

#15 Posted by Hunter5024 (5959 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@moywar700 said:

But, but... He's my favorite super hero! And he's so cool!

He's not in the Justice League at the moment because they felt like it made Superman redundant, and because they wanted to put Cyborg on there for the sake of diversity I would assume. So I doubt DC cares whether or not he's in this game, so lets hope we got some Martian lovers over at Netherrealm.

#16 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8605 posts) -

Great costume!

#17 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Arkham City Catwoman was the perfect design, too bad she's not here, I feel like playing some Arkham City Catwoman missions now, so damn good.

#18 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Hunter5024: He's pretty awesome, i love his backstory, i love his character, and his powers should be a fun thing to implement in game, so yeah, i hope somebody at Netherrealm is a fan of him.
#19 Posted by Bestostero (2750 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Bestostero said:

Well currently he's in a universe where Batman doesn't even exist, and he's had plenty of encounters with The Justice Society, The Justice League, Green Lantern, and Batman. More of a general DC villain than a Batman one for sure.

To be fair, Batman did exist, he just isn't alive anymore lol

Regardless of where he is and what he's done, more of the general public will see him as a Batman villain because he's been on all the Batman cartoons, and he was in Arkham City, he has a lot of notoriety in Batman and people will associate him with that.

#20 Posted by JackSukeru (5963 posts) -

Wait, so the tail comes off and acts as a whip? Neat!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.