Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

The DC Universe's most powerful heroes and villains collide in this fighting game from the creators of the Mortal Kombat series.

PS4 Plus game in December

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnnymcginley
    Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great game, especially for casual fighting fans like myself. No crazy zigzag inputs here.

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

As a comic book fan and a fighting game fan I found this game to be super awesome. I thought it had a pretty great story mode as well. I am more of a DC guy anyway so maybe it's that coming into effect.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's an incredible game. Just incredible.

Hope you end up enjoying it.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If any similarly noob-ass noobs like myself wish to fight me, my PSN name is the same as my username here. This isn't really my kind of fighting game, and I'm not used to playing fighting games on a gamepad, but whatever.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought this not long ago, it was on sale for about €15 on the PSN. It's a pretty good game, tonnes of content in it. Didn't play it much online because I'm terrible at fighting games.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Humanity

I heard Infamous Second Son is supposed to be one of those free games for January and I'm kind of excited to play it. Both Infamous and Injustice are supposed to be part of a small make-good package for the 2.00 firmware issues.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: It's the stand alone expansion that's being put on PS+, inFamous First Light. It'll give you a good idea of what the main game is like. I wouldn't be surprised to see the full game go on a discount either the same month or the following month.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Injustice is great. I know it doesn't appeal to Jeff as much because it's not Mortal Kombat, but I think it's objectively a better fighting game than MK9 because they built on the lessons they learned from that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Since it's a prequel story I guess thats sort of a smart move although I probably would have appreciated the full game more than a small expansion.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm more excited for Secret Ponchos.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@humanity said:

I heard Infamous Second Son is supposed to be one of those free games for January and I'm kind of excited to play it. Both Infamous and Injustice are supposed to be part of a small make-good package for the 2.00 firmware issues.

I'm pretty sure that those games were announced before the 2.00 firmware issues. I've known about them for a while now.

As it turns out, we've known about those games for about a month now: http://www.giantbomb.com/playstation-plus/3015-5817/forums/injustice-ultimate-edition-infamous-and-more-comin-1498748/

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

@damodar said:

Injustice is great. I know it doesn't appeal to Jeff as much because it's not Mortal Kombat, but I think it's objectively a better fighting game than MK9 because they built on the lessons they learned from that.

I felt like the stage interactions fucked with the flow of the gameplay too much. One of the things I loved about MK9 was that they cut out all the bullshit and made it about your fighter vs the other fighter and the other character was the only variable you had to worry about. Also the health meter system in Injustice felt broken and made having a comeback much more difficult than it is in other games.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: I've read somewhere that they were supposed give extra games in Dec and Jan. so who knows. By "somewhere" I mean Gamespot.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@humanity said:

@spaceinsomniac: I've read somewhere that they were supposed give extra games in Dec and Jan. so who knows. By "somewhere" I mean Gamespot.

Any chance you have a link to that article? I did a google search and couldn't find it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: nope it was about a month ago. Either way I remember being excited about Infamous.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar said:

I felt like the stage interactions fucked with the flow of the gameplay too much. One of the things I loved about MK9 was that they cut out all the bullshit and made it about your fighter vs the other fighter and the other character was the only variable you had to worry about. Also the health meter system in Injustice felt broken and made having a comeback much more difficult than it is in other games.

Yeah, those are all valid opinions. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but that's personal preference stuff. But I think the game also made a lot of improvements that were less subjective from a point of view of making it a better game for high level competitive play. Stuff like the addition of attack trades, things along those lines. Scrutinizing the two games, you can really see the growth from MK9 to Injustice, where they're better applying things they learned on MK9 etc. It looks like MKX will do the same again and I'm really excited for it!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Marcsman

Plus on the PS4 has really sucked so far. Injustice is not a bad game, but it was on sale a few months ago for $8. I seem to remember getting better games on the PS3.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By YummyTreeSap

This is the only month I think PS+ hasn't been too special, at least since I've had a PS4. I'm not very fond of NetherRealms fighting games*, and Secret Ponchos seems both kinda lame and totally broken. But for the other few months, there's been plenty of crap for me to enjoy.

* I should clarify—if there's one thing I think NetherRealms is exceptionally good at, it's making single player modes in fighting games that are actually fun. MK9's Challenge Tower was great, and while the STARS Lab seems a step below that, it's still better than most.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

It's one of the best fighting games I've ever played, and I have played a lot. Purchased it again back when the PS4 launched but am glad that other people can get it for free now.

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am LOVING the story campaign. Really getting into the combos and environmental stuff.

I've had a PS since Destiny launched and I've enjoyed the plus games so far. Maybe not as much value as the PS3 when Plus first launched but all the games have been solid. Spelunky, Isaac, Dust, Injustice.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was utterly convinced that Knack would be the first game with a disc version to be released on PS+ for PS4. I am actually shocked it hasn't been yet.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Well if you ever wanted to just totally annihilate everyone online this is your chance, assuming you've played Injustice before. Personally I screwed up the getting level 100 trophy on PS3 (used too many archive cards) so I might as well get the platinum on PS4 since it's one of the rarest ones in existence, only have to win 50 in a row (not that bad) and then grind the same thing for like 30 hours with an x16 experience boost wee.

Thought this was funny:

No Caption Provided

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone recommend me a good starting character? Someone who has some decent combos that aren't too hard to pull off, specifically on a PS4 controller. Also if the character relies heavily on 3 direction inputs (like Bane and Shazam) I'm less interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.