Scorpion from Mortal Kombat announced in Injustice

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19336 posts) -

His new design looks pretty cool, but not too sure he fits in with the rest of the cast. And instead of an him, there could have been another DC character put in his place, but eh, he looks fun to play as regardless.

#2 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5459 posts) -

In other news the playerbase has ceased being creative; took roughly 3 weeks to reach that point; round of applause for the fighting game community everybody.

#3 Edited by ShaggE (6452 posts) -

Weird. I thought for sure he wouldn't be announced until the end. Also funny how blatantly they put Martian Manhunter at the end, like "We know that you know, so fuck it, here he is".

Also, rage rage Injustice is ruined forever yadda yadda guest characters are humanity's most evil creation rage rage video games are over etc.

Edit: I'm not sure how I feel about his costume.

#4 Posted by Jocund (125 posts) -

So I guess the rumors about the Zod thing are untrue? It'd be odd if that were the case - that leaked list has been pretty much spot-on till now.

#5 Edited by Epidehl (289 posts) -

His super is a little underwhelming and I still think this is kind of a terrible idea. I'm surprised they already announced him, as I assumed he was gonna be last and Zod would be next in order to time with the movie.

Also that last shot is kind of a weird middle finger to people that I don't know how I feel about it.

#6 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5459 posts) -

Ed Boon's eyebrows should have been a character. Scorpion looks as overpowered as one would expect, basically Ares with much more variety. But maybe he doesn't have consistent 40% combos?

#7 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

No Superboy announced, I see.. Cuz that would of fucking work fantastically..

I like the costume, and nothing else.

#8 Posted by DarkShaper (1332 posts) -

@jocund: How would this disprove that? There is still one more character coming.

#9 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -

That costume design is fantastic.

#10 Edited by Solh0und (1772 posts) -

Wow I dig the new design of Scorpion. His special reminds me of something Kratos might do though.

#11 Edited by PHenry1991 (137 posts) -

Man, that costume looks cool. But, while I still haven't picked up the game but fully intend to, I would've preferred another DC character. *Cough* Black Canary *Cough* The Rumored next set of characters is supposed to include Sub-Zero, so hopefully, if true, they give him an awesome redesign.

#12 Posted by Maajin (1063 posts) -

Why is Superman a zombie? Wait... nevermind.

#13 Posted by ReverendHunt (344 posts) -

@maajin said:

Why is Superman a zombie? Wait... nevermind.

Dude. Blackest Night. Flippin' greatest thing ever.

#14 Posted by ProfessorK (824 posts) -

I just wanna know what that trailer was running on cause it sure as hell doesn't look like that in the other reveals. Is there a PC version? Either way I'm digging his redesign, but I would have rather them release another DC character. Manhunter aside, Super Boy/Girl, Etrigan, Starfire, Bizarro, Cpt. Cold, John Stewart GL or Kyle Rayner WL would have all been more original choices.

#15 Posted by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

Well...this is disappointing. I would have rather had another DC guy but whatever Injustice continues to be pretty fucking awesome. Debating throwing down for season pass.

#16 Edited by Jocund (125 posts) -

@darkshaper: Well I would figure that the little Martian Manhunter sting at the end would mean he's the fourth character, not Zod, but I could very well be wrong.

#17 Edited by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

@fredchuckdave: Still bitter nobody plays the game like you expect them to eh?

#18 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5459 posts) -

@demoskinos: No it's just boring; I still win almost every match I'd just prefer to play 50 Green Lanterns that play somewhat differently than 50 that play exactly the same way. I can completely annihilate you with any of my 3 characters if you're so inclined; I've since beaten some of the best Ravens in the world.

#19 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@demoskinos: No it's just boring; I still win almost every match I'd just prefer to play 50 Green Lanterns that play somewhat differently than 50 that play exactly the same way. I can completely annihilate you with any of my 3 characters if you're so inclined; I've since beaten some of the best Ravens in the world.

I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that didn't include hilarious internet-tough-guy gloating about your vidja gaem skillz. No one is impressed. You want to have a conversation about the balance of characters? Cool. Want to insult the abilities of anyone that dare disagree with you? Everyone's response is, understandably, going to be a resounding "lol".

#20 Posted by BaconGames (3408 posts) -

Can't imagine a lot of people over at Netherrealm were ever happy about this but business is business. We'll just see if the numbers support that view or the ones who will yell "see, I told you!"

#21 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5459 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: Your name screams pretentious douchebag, mine screams humorous troll; therefore I am victorious.

#22 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: Your name screams pretentious douchebag, mine screams humorous troll; therefore I am victorious.

Your posts scream pretentious douchebag as well. My name is just a thing I drew for an art class years back that I chose for my XBL username. But seeing as that was the thing you chose to attack (again, deciding not to address the post and instead attack something completely unrelated, kind of like attacking @demoskinos skills), my point stands. But since you're clearly uninterested in actual conversation, I'll just assume you conceded.

#24 Edited by mrfluke (5151 posts) -

whatever, totally dig that hes in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.