Tutorial Special Attack Combos Problems

#1 Edited by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

Is anyone else having problems activating the special attack combos in the training mode? I'm referring to these in particular (A = light attack X = medium attack): A, A, Back, Forward, X and A, A, X, Down, Forward, A

I've changed my controller layout so maybe that is making a difference? Or is the timing just extremely particular?

*EDIT*
I can't seem to do these bounce cancels either...

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14513 posts) -

@mordecaix7: Timing is super precise on some of the commands.

#3 Posted by casper_ (901 posts) -

i dont have the game but i was under the impression that these were chains that could be kinda mashed. maybe you have to wait for the animation to finish and link into that special move.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14513 posts) -

@casper_: He is talking about the special attack combos which see you do a normal string like A,A,X and then link a special move in this case Down,Forward+ A linking the input from the attack string to the special move is a tad tricky if you're not used to the timing.

#5 Posted by Brodehouse (9518 posts) -

Yeah you really just have to dial them in. For a three hit combo you basically have to have the third input punched in before the second attack activates.

#6 Edited by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

Now that I know it's just a timing issue, I'll have to keep playing with it to figure it out. The part that eludes me is attaching the special attack at the end of the combo string. It's funny because I can seemingly pull off the longer and harder combos but the shorter ones elude me.

#7 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

I would suggest changing the controls to the SF set-up I found those to be a lot more natural though half circles suck

#8 Posted by hulksmash865 (4 posts) -

How do I change the controls to SF? What options are there? I skipped over several of the moves just because I couldn't time the --> + X, A deal. :( Maybe an arcade stick would be better?!

#9 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2945 posts) -

How do I change the controls to SF? What options are there? I skipped over several of the moves just because I couldn't time the --> + X, A deal. :( Maybe an arcade stick would be better?!

Arcade stick is so much better. I think I've mentioned a couple of times I was struggling with some of the tutorial combos for bats. With the stick I was able to get through that and some of the star lab missions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.