Tutorial: That damn Batarang Combo

#1 Posted by bunnymud (703 posts) -

I mashing the living hell out of X, X, <- ->+Y but it isn't registering as pulling the move off. Using a controller since I has no stick.

#2 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4479 posts) -

For some MKish moves if you pause briefly between the back and forward presses it works better; though doing it as fast as possible seems to work as well.

#3 Posted by bunnymud (703 posts) -

Never mind. Took a shot and had a smoke. Pulled it off.

#4 Edited by Fredchuckdave (4479 posts) -

@bunnymud: Here's a much more ridiculous tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIGsD6YPjv4 starting at 7:30

#5 Posted by ShaggE (5982 posts) -

I'm really feeling the shortcomings of the 360 D-pad with this game. For some reason, B+F moves don't register very reliably. It's weird, because I didn't have this problem in MK9.

#6 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2596 posts) -

Oh shit thought I was the only one, kept on doing it and I feel like I did it right. Had two hits and batarang, but the batarang would not hit. Was thinking I needed to do it against the end of the arena so he'd bounce off or something no dice. This actually made me stop doing the tutorial and jump into online mode.

#7 Edited by MildMolasses (3194 posts) -

I remember running into a similar problem with a Johnny Cage combo in MK9. It took hella tries, but eventually it registered

#8 Edited by hulksmash865 (4 posts) -

Gah, I still can't do this! Some of the moves are frustrating on the controller! What's the secret to doing some of these combos?

#9 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4479 posts) -

Don't button spam, you have to input it fast and accurately with the correct number of button presses.

#10 Edited by hulksmash865 (4 posts) -

For a move, lets say, --> + X, A when do I hit 'A'? Seems like A never registers when I do the --> + X.

#11 Posted by Deakor (39 posts) -

@hulksmash865: This is my first fighting game in a long time, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. I believe in the combo commands, a comma indicates a new input (i.e. not combined with the previous button). The plus sign means that the two inputs are to be done together.

So here, you want to hit forward and X together, release them, and then hit A.

I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.