Which characters do you want in this game?

• 115 results
#1 Edited by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Who would you like to see?

I have so many I want to see, but trying to be as realistic as I can, my list is (going 28 because the current MK game has 28 standard characters excluding dlc)

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Flash (Barry Allen), Martian Manhuter, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkman, Vixen, Black Lightning, Doctor Light, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel

Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Bane, Catwoman, Black Manta, Star Sapphire, Solomon Grundy, Vandal Savage, Cheshire (Jade), Black Adam, Killer Frost, Red Hood, Circe

Obviously I want more, but trying to consider who's popular and or currently relevant.

...and Zatanna, have to have Zatanna lol

#2 Posted by KelpPlankton (52 posts) -

Well, from the trailer we've obviously got Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Lex Luthor, and some unseen ice-using villain. My money's on Mr. Freeze, since Batman tends to be overrepresented in everything, but Captain Cold would be nice.

Joker is an obvious must-have, and I'd love to see Robin or Nightwing as well. But I don't want too many Batman characters. It would be cool to see Metallo, Martian Manhunter would have an incredible moveset. Cyborg seems pretty likely, since he's on the Justice League now in the comics. Beast Boy would be pretty cool too though, and rather unique. Or Animal Man! But he's probably less likely.

Aquaman needs to be in there and just be incredibly badass. Magic water hand is the way to go for that. Darkseid seems like an obvious boss character, I'd prefer him to be very Shao Khan style crazy and not playable- I would definitely have Doomsday be the Goro equivilant as a midboss kind of thing too. Etrigan would be really cool to see, as would Shining Knight and Vandal Savage- hell, anyone from Demon Knights. Throw some time travel in there and get us them. Starfire and Red Hood would be good too, and they're pretty current.

But above all else, give us Static Shock! Between him and Cyborg you'd begin to have a reasonable number of characters who aren't just Buff White Dudes. Don't skimp on female characters either- Harley is a good start, but there's plenty more like Black Canary or Supergirl who would be good too.

#3 Posted by zombiemantra (48 posts) -

SWAMP THING!!

#4 Edited by MattyFTM (14423 posts) -

Scorpion. He's going to be in there. In some form. Probably as preorder DLC or some shit like that.

#5 Edited by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

Bizarro and Batzarro. 

Oh, and Booster Gold.

#6 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Aquaman definitely has to be in it, as well as Black Manta, both are so awesome now in the new 52 dc reboot! Personally I thought they were awesome before too.

I wouldn't mind Mortal Kombat characters crossing over as bonuses or what not, Johnny Cage would be great.

And speaking of crossover characters, there might be Wildstorm characters too since they crossed over to DC, so Grifter, Voodoo, Helspont, etc would be awesome too.

#7 Posted by Irvandus (2886 posts) -

Howard the Duck

#8 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Martian Manhunter and "Brave and Bold" Aquaman. That's all.

#9 Posted by JonSmith (171 posts) -

Deadpool. In disguise as Deathstroke. Again.

#10 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Brave and the Bold Aquaman :D

I hope they really give us a good roster of characters, obviously they have to have fan favorites, but current relevant characters with some mix of obscure ones would be great too.

#11 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Dr. Manhattan and The Comedian.

#12 Posted by blindisaac (141 posts) -

Constantine, Swamp Thing, Doctor Fate, The Spectre and so many more.

#13 Edited by PenguinDust (12601 posts) -

Anyone from the Doom Patrol. If the Doom Patrol has someone representin' I'll be happy.

Also, Power Girl...cause, you know.

Oh and for something a bit more obscure, Dr. Light and Phantom Lady.

#14 Posted by niamahai (1407 posts) -

I hope they all have classic DC costumes as the alt.

I don't really like some the new 52 designs.

#15 Posted by ez123 (1987 posts) -

I demand a minimum of 2 Static Shock characters! Preferably Static and Rubberband Man

#16 Posted by RedRoach (1206 posts) -

Batman.

#17 Posted by Illuminosopher (335 posts) -

Batwoman maybe Green Arrow

#18 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4739 posts) -

The entire Batman group. Batwing, Catwoman, Batwoman, Batgirl, Nightwing, Robin, and so on and so on.

Also, Power Girl, Supergirl, Raven, Zatanna, Cyborg, Black Adam, Booster Gold, Green Lantern, Sinestro...fuck it. Just throw everyone in there. I would gladly pay insane amounts of money for extra characters.

#19 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

I can't say that I'm picky, but if there's one long-shot character I'd like to see included, it's:

#20 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Nightwing

#21 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11448 posts) -

Batman.

So I'm good.

#22 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

Booster Gold, so I can beat the shit out of him.

#23 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@Skogen said:

You'd choose him over Guy Gardner?

#24 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Rorschach.

#25 Posted by Sauson (561 posts) -

Lobo.

#26 Posted by Hunter5024 (5902 posts) -

@zombiemantra said:

SWAMP THING!!

FUCK YEAH! Great idea! Also Beast Boy.

#27 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (502 posts) -

Oracle (Babs) in her chair using Escrima Sticks.

#28 Posted by Barrock (3552 posts) -

I hope they get real weird and throw in The Mad Hatter.

#29 Posted by SockemJetpack (412 posts) -

Green Arrow. Specifically the one armed old man Green Arrow from Dark Knight Returns.

#30 Posted by Zippedbinders (1030 posts) -

Guy Gardner is the only Green Lantern I want. Well, maybe Mogo. Booster Gold and Blue Beetle would be amazing, anyone from Doom Patrol, Zatanna, The Question (maybe even Renee!), Green Arrow, ugh, so many characters I want.

None of them will be in it.

#31 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Skogen said:

Absolutely. Booster Gold fits the Dan Hibiki mold all too well.

#32 Edited by Eeptog (114 posts) -

Dick Grayson (as either robin or nightwing) and Deathstroke are the main ones i would want.

Maybe Powergirl.

I have a thing for the Titans (obviously) but i doubt anyone but cyborg would get a spot.

#33 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

completely blanked on the Watchmen characters...Dr. Manhattan would be awesome! Rorschach and Comedian too

#34 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Skogen said:

Guy Gardner should be in the game only so Batman can KO him in one punch.

I want the most powerful character in the DC universe there. Eel O'Brien himself, Plastic Man.

Also, if we're including Wildstorm characters, then add some Caitlin Fairchild. DOA's boob physocs can take a hike if she's added.

#35 Posted by deathfury (539 posts) -

Swamp Thing, Midnighter, Red Hood.

#36 Edited by jakob187 (21731 posts) -

Zatanna, John Constantine, Swamp Thing, and Firestorm. If you give me those four, then I'm more than happy.

@Irvandus said:

Howard the Duck

That's Marvel, bro.

#37 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Bestostero said:

completely blanked on the Watchmen characters...Dr. Manhattan would be awesome! Rorschach and Comedian too

I would like to see Manhattan as a joke boss. If he connects a move, the whole arena explodes.
#38 Posted by AngelN7 (2972 posts) -

Static cause he's awesome

And he has one of the coolest methods of transportation.

#39 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@Bestostero said:

I would like to see Manhattan as a joke boss. If he connects a move, the whole arena explodes.

eh, im not too worried about power levels considering Harley Quinn is exponentially outclassed by everyone that is confirmed so far. they'll probably adjust everything to make them fit! a Dr. Manhattan boss could be plausible, but i really want to play as a naked blue man with godlike powers :(

#40 Posted by The1manmoshpit (2 posts) -

King Shark,Damian

#41 Posted by jonano (366 posts) -

I would like to see John Constantine I know he's from Vertigo but that's still basically DC but more adult .He needs to get a great game ,he's one of my favourites and yes I'm from Ireland so it is spelled favoUrite.

#42 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1011 posts) -

Lobo for me, I want Lobo.  

#43 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

It would be great if they had 'artist collections' where the characters would resemble a specific comic book series or artist style. Beyond that I would love to see more interpretations on Arrow and joker,

#44 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@Bestostero said:

They can't include Watchmen characters, they would have to get Alan Moore to sign off on that which would be a bit difficult after screwing with the guy for over two decades.

No they wouldn't. He didn't sign off on the film, The shitty movie tie-in game, or the new prequel comic series. Why would this be any different.

#45 Posted by TooSweet (400 posts) -

So many good ideas. I'd like the whole cast of the JSA like Wildcat, Mr. Terrific, Hawkman, Stars, Dr. Fate, Nuklon etc..., Black Adam and Isis, Manhunter (female one), Swamp Thing, Clarion, some of the Legion of Superheroes, Terra, Deathstroke, Captain Marvel (with Marvel Family as unlockables), Crime Syndicate. So many more but would like to see some Kingdom Come as unlockables for some of the characters as well which would be fun.

Going to have to look for my heroclix to play with someone.

#46 Posted by TooSweet (400 posts) -

You can have Watchmen characters if you substitute who they represent. So Atom (Dr. Manhattan), The Question (Rorschach) etc...

#47 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@rebgav: Alan Moore is under the impression that they can do whatever they want with the franchise. Talking about the new series and the lack of his permission:

Moore further calls his "Watchmen" contract "creator-hostile" according to lawyers who offered to review the original document he'd signed. "There was a clause that essentially said that, if in the future, there were any documents or contracts that I refused to sign, DC was entitled to appoint an attorney to sign them instead," said Moore. "[The lawyers] said it was the most creator-hostile contract they’d ever seen."

Right now DC is doing whatever they want and it seems like Moore is not super interested in fighting them:

The creator also mentioned the possibility of taking legal action against DC, but it wouldn't be for financial gain -- for Moore, it's about "the dignity and integrity of the work."
"I just want them not to do something," he said. "There’s no point in wasting resources for decades, when effectively, if there’s a legal case, I’d be prohibited from speaking about it, which DC is more worried about."

- Source

I mean after he refused to sign off on the new comics they just did it anyways and he isn't going to fight it. So why would this be any different?

#48 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@TooSweet said:

You can have Watchmen characters if you substitute who they represent. So Atom (Dr. Manhattan), The Question (Rorschach) etc...

Good call!

personally i think the current Captain Atom is very much like Dr. Manhattan, Question is definitely Rorschach, Owlman can be DC's Owlman but Batman will suffice lol

#49 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@rebgav: I have spent the last hour reading about how shitty DC is. I am pretty sure you are Alan Moore are right that the whole point of this new series is to gain rights to those "versions" of the characters:

I might be wrong, I don't really know very much about how these corporations work. But, I think what they're hoping to do with this raft of titles is spin off some new miniseries, television movies, or computer games--merchandising. That's the only thing that makes it valuable to them. They don't appear to have noticed that Watchmen is an ensemble piece. Actually, none of those characters really work on their own. They work in the context of the story.

I am predicting we will see another movie and more games in the next 10 years. Everyone who wants some interesting reading should check out that full Alan Moore Interview you mentioned.

#50 Posted by Legxend (124 posts) -

Anyone of these would be good:

Animal, Bane, Doomsday and Talon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.