Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

The DC Universe's most powerful heroes and villains collide in this fighting game from the creators of the Mortal Kombat series.

Zatanna is the next DLC character.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Netherrealm has announced the next DLC character for Injustice: Zatanna.

What's interesting about this choice is that they actually went with player feedback, as she was apparently one of the most requested characters by fans. Hell, I was one of the requesters, so I'm happy. What do you all think?

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So in, wanted Zatanna from the start.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By emfromthesea

Never heard of the character, but her moves looks pretty cool. Aside from the super anyway.

I'm still hoping for Nite Owl and/or Rorschach to appear in the roster, though I know it'll never happen with how Watchmen is tied to DC.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

This might actually get me to play some more. I don't like many DC characters (many of the main ones, anyway) and the ones I do like didn't play in ways I enjoyed in Injustice except for Catwoman. Based on the trailer, Zatanna appears to fit both criteria.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm glad they are supporting this game past the first 4 characters. I however kinda dropped off pretty quickly on this game. Still a great game though. Love watching tourney fights of it.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By SMTDante89

Glad a lot of fans are getting the characters that they want, though I secretly hope the (not so) subtle hints that Ed Boon has been giving out about Plastic Man being a possible downloadable character are true and not him just messing with people.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I might eventually get back into Injustice if they ever balance out the top tier; but until then it's nice to see they're still supporting it full bore. Single player is fantastic regardless.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShaggE

I had no idea what a Zatanna was before watching this, but she seems like a fun character.

Not too big on that win quote, though... painfully cheesy. On the other hand, I'm just glad DLC chars are getting voices, unlike in MK9.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Her powers seem cool enough (besides the lame super), but it seems like they need to get better at 3D modeling women. Her face looks SO bland, almost untextured... if you take away her costume that could be anybody.

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

I'm just glad it's not Power Girl. When Power Girl gets added as DLC I will quit playing this game.

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. I hope they keep releasing charecters for a long time. There is so many possibilities. Like the question, Rorschach, Sandman, Constantine, Darksied, Katana, and so many more.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Excellent, never liked zatanta but the more character I getto use in the game the better, I haven't really stopped playing it since launch (off and on of course, I'm not a crazy person)

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Finally ! Z is one of my favorite characters in the DCU and she seems pretty great here. Interesting combination of teleports and projectiles. Definitely excited. That super is definitely the worst so far, though. She's a magician who can practically DO ANYTHING, and all they can think of is a purple tornado that drops a dude on the ground. Oh well.

Also, her voice sounds like a whiny kid. :/

I'm still hoping for Nite Owl and/or Rorschach to appear in the roster, though I know it'll never happen with how Watchmen is tied to DC.

Watchmen is owned by DC which is owned by Warner Bros. who also owns Netherrealm Studios who made injustice. So I'd imagine it's possible. Although Nite Owl is basically Batman, and there are tons of Bat-folks already. Rorschach is just a dude, so not sure if he'd really fit. But anything's possible!

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is she?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Hunter5024

Ytilataf. Cool choice! Not really how I imagined her voice though, I would've guessed deeper. Doesn't she have an accent too?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna is my favorite DC character and I wanted her in from the start. Don't like her voice, but now I at least have a reason to pick this game up. My love for Zatanna is that strong.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Paul Dini must be super excited.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If only they sold those new characters as some form of Season Pass. :(

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

very on board, solid choice. Established unique character, but not the Same Batman family retreads we always see. VA works seems a little off, but whatever.

This may get me off my butt to actually buy the game.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Paul Dini must be super excited.

He has a real-life Zatanna in his home every day. Dude should not complain.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This game makes me realize more and more that I don't know shit about DC comics. Character looks nice, hopefully they will make some more tweaks to make the game more interesting for spectators. And please, please, please fix the stage balance. Poor gadget characters...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.